NEurope
Retro_Link

Soul Calibur IV

I hope its more like the original Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast! I owned at that. (Not that I didn't at the second) I think the controls were tighter.

Mitsurugi is my weapon of choice...and Kilik sometimes!

I doubt it will but if this had online it, and I, would own!

Soul Calibur shits on Tekken from an incredible height. Annoying there's no Wii version. SC2 on the 'Cube was bad ass.

Haha, does it fuck. Tekken has quite a bit more depth than Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur is just a bit flashier, which is why people like it so much. Tekken > Soul Calibur.

Tekken is for people who can't keep up with the pace of Soul Calibur.

Tekken is for people who can't keep up with the pace of Soul Calibur.

Pace? Fuck off. Soul Calibur is shit slow compared to Tekken, you need ridiculous reaction times to be able to play it competitively. I'm sick and tired of people chatting out their arse about things they clearly know bull dinkie about.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RrVasfRLVBQ&mode=related&search=

Soul Calibur is a brilliant fighting franchise, but Tekken, SF and VF is where it's at for competition fighting.

Pace? Fuck off. Soul Calibur is shit slow compared to Tekken, you need ridiculous reaction times to be able to play it competitively.

Ahahah, oh God... ahahahah, oh shit, I'm even crying. Are you serious?

Shut up, Bard. Stop giving people shit for their opinions. It's fucking annoying.

I'm sorry, am I supposed to give a shit about what you think? If it's an opinion I'm ok with it, like if someone said that they liked SC better than Tekken. But people here are clearly talking bullshit about it being faster or whatever...

Also: I think I'll do whatever the hell I want. Fuck you.

Lol, damn, some intense Soul Calibur vs Tekken stuff here (even if it is multiple people on 1 ;)).

Anyway, man, this is one of my most anticipated games this gen (as far as I know) period. Even though the teaser did nothing but let us know the climax could be reached (although I hope the series continues), watching it was still 100% joy. But hey, I need help here, this game for me is the difinitive system seller, having played the first one (Soul Blade), I've owned and loved all the ones since dearly (my favourite fighting series). But, current generation home consoles, all I own is a Wii at the mo, which console do you guys reckon I should buy to play this on?

Have people got to put imo in every one of their single posts for you to stop being a dick? Maybe the fact that when ever anyone posts on a forum it's basically only ever their opinion ffs.

Tekken is shit, Soul Calibur is the fastest and the bestest.

Tekken is shit, Soul Calibur is the fastest and the bestest.

Don't forget to add 'imo'...they will crucify you otherwise!

And I agree completely...imo.

Shame the Wii won't be getting it but it's becoming a predicatable trend.

Least it gets a consolation prize(Legends) which is more to be said about alot of other "exclusively not on Wii" games.

Wii is gettin some crap 1 player Soul Calibre game I heard

That is accurate except the "crap" part.

We don't actually know that yet but still, it probably will be.

If there was anybody on this forum who knows a thing about fighters it would be Bard and I'll argree with as SC is a hell of a lot slower than Tekken.

Just to make sure as this is a nintendo forum have all of you actually played Tekken?

Yes, I've played Tekken. I still think Soul Calibur is miles better than it. I doubt any one actually cares what Bard's so called expert opinion is either. People can make up their own minds.

WOW seems only the sane people think SC> Tekken. Tekken's kinda dead . . .

I'd say they're both as good as each other, each has it's own merits... I really couldn't choose between them.

If I had to choose I'd probably go with Tekken though, as I'm too good for my friends on Soul Calibur, whereas on Tekken they put up a little bit of a fight.

I'd probably say SC is a little faster, but they're both very well balanced fighters!

WOW seems only the sane people think SC> Tekken. Tekken's kinda dead . . .

Yep, indeed. Pleased to see they've announced another............was thinking all we'd be getting Soul Calibur wise was that PoS Wii game.

Yes, I've played Tekken. I still think Soul Calibur is miles better than it. I doubt any one actually cares what Bard's so called expert opinion is either. People can make up their own minds.

I'm not telling you what to think, but my opinion is equally as important as yours. You hypocritical pigs get up in arms when I say what I think, when I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm just stating mine. Soul Calibur is in it's own way just as good as Tekken. I'm just saying that Tekken is deeper, and can be played in different ways. Soul Calibur is just a lot more accessible than Tekken is or ever will be, it's easier to get great at that game, because in SC the moves are simple and easy to pull off.

Some moves in Tekken are really really difficult to do, and other than that, the mechanisms of the two games aren't all that different. I like Tekken better because the difference between an experienced person and a n00b is much bigger than in Soul Calibur, which like DOA is one of those games where someone can come in and just mash buttons and do well unless the other person really knows how to play well.

Soul calibur is more fun, it's easier to button bash in tekken.

Actually, Soul calibur is the only fighting game i've really liked.

I'm not telling you what to think, but my opinion is equally as important as yours. You hypocritical pigs get up in arms when I say what I think, when I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm just stating mine. Soul Calibur is in it's own way just as good as Tekken. I'm just saying that Tekken is deeper, and can be played in different ways. Soul Calibur is just a lot more accessible than Tekken is or ever will be, it's easier to get great at that game, because in SC the moves are simple and easy to pull off.

Some moves in Tekken are really really difficult to do, and other than that, the mechanisms of the two games aren't all that different. I like Tekken better because the difference between an experienced person and a n00b is much bigger than in Soul Calibur, which like DOA is one of those games where someone can come in and just mash buttons and do well unless the other person really knows how to play well.

Nope, what I have a problem with is the way people were implying your opinion was more valid. Equally important, yes. More important, no. Glad to see we agree.