NEurope
Retro_Link

Soul Calibur IV

I hate button bashers online, they ruin the game completly which has stopped me playing this online for the time being. Played someone who used Kiliks move where he hits you with his pole vertical to horizontal, annoys me when i try and move in to wipe them out. And i play using a variety of moves.

I don't even want to attempt playing it online. Do not do not do chuffing well not! :nono:

played this last night- seemed pretty solid. Didn't get in to using soul crush or anything though- how does that work?

sadly one to drop by the wayside for me anyway. Can't afford it now, and any time i can buy games soon is going to be during the november rush so there's better games to buy.

Soul crush works were if you keep hitting ur opponent while they are blocking the coloured circle next to there heath starts changing colour, eventually the whole health bar will flash red, a few more hits after that and u hear like a smashing sound and the opponent is stunned, it is at this point u can press LB and u will perform a critical finish.

I have still not once seen a critical finish in an online game of this.

I have only seen one once, and that was when i used one myself, this person just blocked and that was it, no attacking, lol.

Good matches Flameboy.

Loved you character creations. I need to spend time with that.

I played it safe and stuck to my best characters Kilik and Maxi.

There should be a public strategy guide for this. I have been using practice mode alot lately. :smile:

Good matches Flameboy.

Loved you character creations. I need to spend time with that.

I played it safe and stuck to my best characters Kilik and Maxi.

There should be a public strategy guide for this. I have been using practice mode alot lately. :smile:

Yeah good games and you came back really well after losing the first two matches...

The 1up.com strategy guide is quite good got write ups on each character as well as videos.

Yeah thats a good one. :smile:

For those willing to go deeper there is http://8wayrun.com/ and http://caliburforum.com/forums/index.php

The game is great despite its flaws. Once you get over the crime against humanity single player modes(dont bother with tower of souls, it ought to be patched). Its a great game.

Some imbalances online(Misturugi dominance) are quite obvious. Noobs seem to think the easy characters are unbalanced :heh: Tower of sould is a mess hardly anyone has played it judging by rankings.

Surprised no else bumped this up, but it has been confirmed as everyone expected that Yoda/Darth Vader will no be DLC for the platforms they originally didn't appear on.

Namco Bandai will finally be offering Darth Vader and Yoda as downloadable Soulcalibur IV characters this week.

From Thursday, the legendary Sith pin-up will be available for 400 Microsoft Points (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.80) from Xbox Live, while the little green Jedi leader will cost USD 4.99 (Euro price TBC) on the PlayStation Store.

Previously, Vader and Yoda were restricted to PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game respectively.

Soulcalibur IV also offers the Secret Apprentice from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as a playable fighter.

Pop over to our Soulcalibur IV review to find out more.

Quite how bothered I am about this I am not too sure... with so much other stuff out now, I don't SC4 anywhere near as much and pretty soon, MK vs DC will be my fighter of choice.

Namco Bandai will finally be offering Darth Vader and Yoda as downloadable Soulcalibur IV characters this week.

From Thursday, the legendary Sith pin-up will be available for 400 Microsoft Points (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.80) from Xbox Live, while the little green Jedi leader will cost USD 4.99 (Euro price TBC) on the PlayStation Store.

Previously, Vader and Yoda were restricted to PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game respectively.

Soulcalibur IV also offers the Secret Apprentice from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as a playable fighter.

Pop over to our Soulcalibur IV review to find out more.

Sorry to sound cheesy, but if this is true then "the circle will be complete". Sounds good, but will have to see about it on Thursday.

Edit: Seen Wikipedia, they confirm this. Looks like MS fans get Vader cheaper than PS3 fans get Yoda

Edit: Seen Wikipedia, they confirm this. Looks like MS fans get Vader cheaper than PS3 fans get Yoda

Quite ironic that the cheapest character in the game (moves-wise) is the most expensive to buy... (for the PS3 version) :heh:

Well this came out of nowhere. What a radical and unexpected move from Namco.

Well this came out of nowhere. What a radical and unexpected move from Namco.

Nah its been expected for a while now...It's probably likely the relevant files are on each disc... I will download Yoda and complete his story then probably do little else.

Nah its been expected for a while now...It's probably likely the relevant files are on each disc... I will download Yoda and complete his story then probably do little else.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

why do people called namco scamco for what they do for DLC?

186Kb downloads, features that would of been included two years ago are now paid-dlc at launch, over priced etc

186Kb downloads, features that would of been included two years ago are now paid-dlc at launch, over priced etc

yeah as soon as I posted, I realised it sounded pretty sarcastic. Yes Namco are rip off merchants when it comes to DLC.

Indeed :heh:

Dante, the reason people dislike Namco's DLC strategy is because (imo) the whole point of DLC is to include extra content after a games release that wouldn't have been included in the final retail game, for whatever reason (budget, time, lack of ideas even). I.e, something extra.

Namco consistently strip content out of their games as standard only to charge extra for the privilege to access it. See; SCIV, Beautiful Katamari, ToV.

It was £3.19 on PSN for Yoda, bit of a rip off and the file was tiny so alas it is probably on the disc like everyone suspected...

It was £3.19 on PSN for Yoda, bit of a rip off and the file was tiny so alas it is probably on the disc like everyone suspected...

:laughing: ...Thats hilarious.

Does anyone know if this game features an updated version of the Labyrinth of Moonlight track like the previous two?

:laughing: ...Thats hilarious.

Does anyone know if this game features an updated version of the Labyrinth of Moonlight track like the previous two?

I havn't spotted it as of yet, but i'm guessing it probably is in the game somewhere.

I havn't spotted it as of yet, but i'm guessing it probably is in the game somewhere.

Been raiding Youtube for this but it doesn't seem to be in it...:( No Confrontation either.