N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really understood the whole Heinze thing really. Either there's a release clause in a players contract or there isn't!?

Obviously there wasn't a proper release clause in Heinze's contract meaning that United had every right to block a move to another Premiership rival. I don't understand how Liverpool felt they had a leg to stand on!

Guest Stefkov

If United sell him to another team in Europe, what's stopping Liverpool jumping in on that? Technically Liverpool aint buying him from United that way.

It was a case of Man Utd v Heinze not Liverpool v Man Utd...

Liverpool have just went on what the agent told the club.

Reds ponder Hillsborough memorial

Premier League side Liverpool plan to have a new home in 2010

Liverpool may leave 96 empty seats in their new stadium as a memorial to the fans who died at Hillsborough in 1989, reports BBC Radio Merseyside.

Ninety-six Reds fans died after being crushed on the terraces during an FA Cup semi-final with Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday's ground.

In July Liverpool revealed their plans for a new 60,000 all-seater stadium, which is set to open in 2010.

One idea for the ground is to leave seats empty to form the shape of 96.

A flame and memorial listing the names of the dead already stands on Anfield Road and the club plans to move it to the new stadium in Stanley Park.

An inquiry into the Hillsborough disaster led to all-seater stadia being introduced into top-flight football.

As a nice as a sentiment it is, I can't say I would want it due to the fact it is creepy and their is always the chance of some prick putting their feet up on one of them...I think their are much more less morbid ways of remembering them, and perhaps they could be rememberd in a more kind and happier light

Personally I suggest the idea of having 96 Medium Sized LiverBirds Placed around the Roof looking onto the pitch....

My mate's cynical first response was to quip "So are there going to be 39 empty seats in the away end as well?"

To be fair the resident Scousers on the toon board think it would be naff and reckon it's more of an invention of the media than a genuine proposal that's got a chance of becoming reality.

Trick free kicks:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaswrSWWf0

I think my laptop felt my wrath after the defeat against City, it hasn't been working for days.

We didn't even play badly, that's the thing. Tell you what, that Micah Richards played a blinder, was really impressed with him. I only wish he wasn't playing, as we would have surely won that game. He kept his team in it.

Very unfortunate for us to lose the match that way, but it just didn't seem to be our day. Can't fuck with fate.

Bring on Tottenham. I'm expecting a great game. Fergie will be fuming after Sunday.

Well thanks to Skybet messing up at the weekend got a free £5 bet to use on a single, I picked a Beckham Special. Bet for which will happen out of the following first:

Booked

Substition

Goal Direct from Free Kick

Hit the Woodwork

I picked hit the woodwork with the best odds. My girlfriend also put £1 on Taylor to score first, cos she used to go to school with him.

On a club note has anyone heard these crazy tales that pompey want to offload Nugent already?!

My mate's cynical first response was to quip "So are there going to be 39 empty seats in the away end as well?"

To be fair the resident Scousers on the toon board think it would be naff and reckon it's more of an invention of the media than a genuine proposal that's got a chance of becoming reality.

Trick free kicks:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaswrSWWf0

It has been mentioned a few times in the past, only now has the media took hold of it...

Hope it doesn't happen not from a design point of view just because I think their would be better ways their memory can be incorporated into the stadium.

As in reference to the 39, was that an Everton fan, they blame everything on that...:indeed:

Well thanks to Skybet messing up at the weekend got a free £5 bet to use on a single, I picked a Beckham Special. Bet for which will happen out of the following first:

Booked

Substition

Goal Direct from Free Kick

Hit the Woodwork

I picked hit the woodwork with the best odds. My girlfriend also put £1 on Taylor to score first, cos she used to go to school with him.

On a club note has anyone heard these crazy tales that pompey want to offload Nugent already?!

Welcome to Crazy Season, Apparently Yossi Benayoun already wants out to a mid table club...

Hopefully he will take a step lower and go to Man Utd so we can get Heinze on the swap ;)

His agent did make noises, however that last bit was of course just a joke

Thats where Im sitting.

What happened to Alan Hansens bottom lip? Shearer should get back on the pitch and off telly!

Im going to Whitley Bay Sixth Form in 2 weeks:)

SCARLET3.JPG

Just needs the 'drunk' look, half a beard and a gashed botom lip

No way. James makes way too many mistakes. I'd rather have Robinson or Carsen in.

James has been the most consistant English Goalkeeping performer for this year and abit...

He should of started today

It's only because the press like saying "Calamity James" why everyone likes to see the poor sod fail...

No way. James makes way too many mistakes. I'd rather have Robinson or Carsen in.

My Gran would make less errors in goal then Robinson has done over the last year. Hes not good enough end of. James was awesome last year and in the abscence of anybody younger being anywhere near good enough he has to play. At least he can save shots rolling along the floor for example.