N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you would be...and likewise if that topic kept taking up a general thread about computing I would find it tiresome...

To be honest, I think this thread would boring without banter within rivals, it would be similar to Jimmy Hills Sunday Supplement to be honest.

We need something to liven it up...

Arguements are fair enough....but not all the time....it gets very frustrating for all the rest of us who don't care...and just wanna talk about football not man utd vs liverpool

No Offence but I don't see anyone putting up discussion and even if they do not many people find it interesting

Considering their are more Man Utd and Liverpool fans here then anything you can expect the Liverpool v Utd banter to be pretty prominent.

This thread would be boring without our banter methinks...

I can find litterings of conversations started by other members in between numerous rants about man utd and liverpool, they just get lost amongest it all.

The Villan has fallen victim to this a few times I've noticed a few pages back he wrote about Reo-Coker and not one person commented on it, cos it got lost...and I've noticed it happen a few times in last years thread to him and others who happen not to support the pool or manc...

I can find litterings of conversations started by other members in between numerous rants about man utd and liverpool, they just get lost amongest it all.

The Villan has fallen victim to this a few times I've noticed a few pages back he wrote about Reo-Coker and not one person commented on it, cos it got lost...and I've noticed it happen a few times in last years thread to him and others who happen not to support the pool or manc...

But isn't that just the way forums work, if something interests you (No Offence to the Villian) you reply to it and express an opinion, if you don't you don't.

If It makes anything better I really do suggest setting up two different threads, the "Big Four Thread" and keep this thread and keep the "Big Four Discussion to a bare minimum".

Its not even really big four, (perhaps a Liverpool VS Man Utd thread would suffice lol?!) I'm just saying cos its not the first time this has happened...its just cos thats not what this thread is for and no doubt some people don't post as much as they would cos they find it so annoying...I dunno seem as theres only you and me posting at the mo hard to tell what others think!

Yeah, even as a Liverpool supporter here... this threads somewhere I dont really like to come lol. On a quick Liverpool note: I'm not really looking forward to the prospect of Heinze, I never rated him as a United player. And yes, there are some Man U players that I do rate, its not blind hatred. But I was speaking with a Liverpool supporting chum of mine and he's pointed out that Heinze will provide some good left back and center back cover, and he's got Premiership experience so I suppose he'll be a plus... if we end up with him.

Elsewhere I read that Pompey are after Nugent. I dunno if he'll cut it in the big league, but we'll see! I feel bad for Defoe, he's a great wee player but is always overlooked! He'd be such a help to England - he's always been great when he's played in the league. If I was him I'd be dying to get a move to a club where I could just play regularly for a change!

Aaaand has anyone noticed that Lawrie Sanchez is targetting and buying a few good old Norn Irn players for Fulham? Maybe thats his way of continued support to the national side?! :hehe:

Exactly ^

If you dont like what me and Ant have to say, dont read it. It really is that simple.

Its not that I don't like your banter. Its that its constant, it would be more appealing if you gave it a rest once in a while. You argue about such shit sometimes that I can see flame's point, even I am getting bored of it.

I'm still bemused how people do not rate Heinze. He is one of my favourite United players. Purely for his brutal tackling, haha. You should see the guy go sometimes. Gives me and my brother a lot of laughs.

If I could be a defender, I would have the experience of Gary Neville, the heart of Carragher, the height of Vidic and the aggression of Heinze. :)

I hope not.

On a Sheff Wed forum I go on people are saying we're going to be taken over.

Do you believe this takeover is DEFINITELY happening

YES - this is DEFINITELY happening [ 58 ] [13.00%]

NO - this is all bollocks [ 190 ] [42.60%]

I DUNNO - I just don't know if I believe it or not [ 198 ] [44.39%]

Goes to show how much people trust this owlstalk exclusive although they sound serious this time.

Flameboy just to see what happens I'm going to try and not argue about Liverpool and United, but I gurantee you the discussion will revolve around them two clubs

--------------------------------------------

Anyway I'm going to open this up abit, Name the best and worst Football Ground you have been too...

Best: Milenium Stadium, Premiership Wise, Reebok Stadium

Worst: Goodison Park, Elland Road

Personally, I think Heinze would be good signing in some regards, though I don't see it happening. Riise has always been one of my favourite Liverpool players but if Heinze came, and Aurelio already there, where would that leave him? He has never been great defensively but he does pitch in with the odd cracking goal.

Should Riise play on the left wing? There's a lot of talk that Liverpool are looking for wingers to bring in and surely Kewell is gonna finally get another chance to show what he can do. If he can turn it on next season, and Pennant keeps improving then we're doing ok in those departments.

Personally, I think Heinze would be good signing in some regards, though I don't see it happening. Riise has always been one of my favourite Liverpool players but if Heinze came, and Aurelio already there, where would that leave him? He has never been great defensively but he does pitch in with the odd cracking goal.

Should Riise play on the left wing? There's a lot of talk that Liverpool are looking for wingers to bring in and surely Kewell is gonna finally get another chance to show what he can do. If he can turn it on next season, and Pennant keeps improving then we're doing ok in those departments.

Felt Sorry for Aurelio last season he had a poor start and started to pick up his performance and he was very solid until he got injured.

Riise is very very fustrating for all his cracking goals he doesn't half shit out some times, and his use of or rather lack of use of his right foot doesn't leave much to the imagination, Once the oppostion put pressure on his left hand side, he is as powerless as a kitten.

If Heinze does come in it will be a good addition to the squad, is he what we are looking for? Only time will tell

I spend my life avoiding him, seriously. I go to extreme lengths.

Don't We All...

He was on Sky Sports before a Liverpool United Game and I literally twatted my mother in fury

Jamie Carragher is ready to quit the England team after being left out of the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier against Estonia last month.

The Liverpool centre-half, who played in four of England's five games at the World Cup last year, has made just five appearances under Steve McClaren.

He has never started in his favoured position in a back four, even when John Terry and Rio Ferdinand have been injured, despite winning rave reviews as he helped his club to a second Champions League final appearance in three years.

His likely decision to retire from international football, which mirrors Paul Scholes' self-imposed England exile,was brought to a head when he was left out of the side who defeated Estonia 3-0 in Tallinn.

A source close to the 29-year-old said last night: "Jamie does not want to sound like a big-time Charlie. He just feels that at this stage of his career it would be better if he concentrated his efforts on helping Liverpool become the No 1 team in England again.

"He has always regarded it as a tremendous honour to represent his country and he has happy memories of pulling on the shirt. But things have to end some time and he thinks this might be a good time to bow out."

Against Estonia, the euphoria surrounding David Beckham's England return overshadowed Carragher's huge disappointment at being dropped to the bench.

He had accepted the fact he was behind the likes of Terry, Ferdinand and Jonathan Woodgate in the central defensive pecking order but, in a match when both Ferdinand and Woodgate were unavailable, McClaren's preference for the injuryprone Ledley King came as a bitter personal blow.

The situation was made worse when the England manager picked Wes Brown at right-back, a role Carragher has filled in the absence through injury of Gary Neville.

McClaren, having failed to talk Scholes into returning to the international scene, has not given up on persuading Carragher to reverse his decision and has been in constant touch with him. He will seek to meet the player on his return, before he names the squad for the friendly against Germany on August 22 at Wembley.

Carragher has collected 34 England caps since he made his debut as a substitute against Hungary in April 1999, ironically in the game that also signalled Brown's nternational arrival. In that time, the Anfield favourite has earned a reputation for being a wholehearted player who rarely let the side down, despite being asked to play all across the back four.

Eriksson once tried him as a holding midfield player, but McClaren has used him at right-back, left-back and as one of three centre-halves in a 3-5-2 formation, as well as, briefly, in his favoured position.

Carragher won 27 caps during Eriksson's reign, but his appearances have been restricted to just three starts since McClaren took over.

Don't Blame Carra one bit, enough is enough for one of the best CB's in Europe England doesn't deserve him

Anyway I'm going to open this up abit, Name the best and worst Football Ground you have been too...

Best: Milenium Stadium, Premiership Wise, Reebok Stadium

Worst: Goodison Park, Elland Road

Best: Highbury and Old Wembley

Worst: Kennilworth Road << Shit hole

Carrow Road (Norwich's stadium) isn't so bad for a Championship team.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!