N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all we need is a Ruud type striker.

Someone to knock in the goals. The midfield are going to be so creative this season all we need is someone that will goal hang and tap in for 6 yards. Rooney doesn't offer this and Saha is too unreliable.

Give me Hunterlaar Fergie!

united have officially signed hargreeves, it means that either carrick or anderson or scholes will need to be dropped and seeing how anderson needed a work permit ot get to united, i dont think he will miss many games as it wont get renewed next year.

You only renew a work permit when you sign a new contract, not each year.

No thanks, Hunteleear is ridiculously overrated - I dont think he would cut it.

Over-rated is a bit strong, unproven at the highest level maybe, but 1 goal every 1 and a half games aint that bad a goalscoring ratio :)

I think all we need is a Ruud type striker.

Someone to knock in the goals. The midfield are going to be so creative this season all we need is someone that will goal hang and tap in for 6 yards. Rooney doesn't offer this and Saha is too unreliable.

Give me Hunterlaar Fergie!

The problem with having "a main man" is that the team then starts to revolve around that person. I think that's the negative factor of how we used to play. It was always a case of "how can we get the ball to Ruud?"

That's why it's always dangerous to have such an outstanding player on your team. We rely on Ronaldo too much, I think. We need to change that. We need other players who can have an effect on the game, like Scholes, Giggs, Rooney. I can't wait to see what Nani and Anderson can do for our team.

That's why it's always dangerous to have such an outstanding player on your team. We rely on Ronaldo too much, I think. We need to change that. We need other players who can have an effect on the game, like Scholes, Giggs, Rooney. I can't wait to see what Nani and Anderson can do for our team.

Anderson is one of the main player for brazil in copa america, him kaka and ronaldinho are the playmakers. we didnt splash out 16 million for nothing. Nani and anderson will slowly get integrated into the team first as subs then start ups then full on game after game, much like ronaldo when he joined united. fergi is preparing them for next season to replace scholes and giggs.

PS, 58 million for torres? WTF? and if liverpool wont pay, internazional will?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2462116,00.html

Heinze reject liverpool transfer and will only move to juve or barca or real. hes also happy to stay at united.

arsenal signe a striker called da silva whos from croatia, i think for around 7 million. hes got a good goal ratio but can he cut the prem?

Well as much as I agree with Ramar and would love to have Jan Huntelaar, I don't think we'll be going for him this season, tying up Babel, going for Tevez... or really anyone else upfront, particularly with the arrival of of... Eduardo da Silva http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=474813&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Eduardo+delight+at+'£16m'+switch

The funny thing is, we bought him for 0.25 million more than we sold Henry for! I know the guy is hot stuff (as I followed his performances last season, well some of them ;)), I just hope he will cut it in premiership. I don't mind Wengers tactics of going for the 'less-known' people over the huge names, as it works a lot of the times, I'm just not a big fan of going for a lot of youth and inexperience, but, he's the man, so I trust him.

You bugger you!

lol, so as an Arsenal fan what are your views on it? IMO Wenger is taking a huge gamble in signing a relatively unproven player. Sure he has done it on the international stage, but league wise can he make the step up?

Have to say, the news shocked me. Wenger must rate him if hes the "henry" replacement.

You say that but look at Henry before he moved to Arsenal, he was playing as a winger and struggling at Juventus to really show he was a top draw player. I think Wenger is good at these transfers. Eduardo from what I have seen on him is a good player, good feet and scores goals, (had heard about him on a pompey board with a few croat members who joined when we signed Kranjar) scores from that poachers position as well, which is something arsenal have perhaps lacked and famously what they thought Francis "Fox in the Box" Jeffers would provide...

Lol, yeah flameboy, I know what you mean about "the fox in the box" (10.5 million wasted). But what do I think about this, well I'm more at ease here than when I heard we paid 2 million for that young defender last month.

I'm pretty confident in this guy, sure he's a relatively unproven player (except at international level), but I think the example of Henry is a good one for adpatation. From what I know, he's a quick player anyway, so speed wise he can adjust to the preimiership, and in Croatia, in the league (from what I know) he showed the qualities of the perfect striker, as he scores all types of goals, which is something Arsenal strikers don't seem to possess.

Being honest, I am a little shocked (particularly with all the strikers we've been linked to), but I am quite confident.

yeah last season he scored 34 league goals in 32 games, so he obviously has the goal scoring touch, it is whether he can up the anti to the higher quality level, altho he has scored 6 goals in the euro qualifiers at the moment...

Sound promising. unfortunately wenger has a knack of picking some real gems.

He can afford to take a risk if he isn't going to extend his contract and leave next season. If the rumours are right.

yeah he really can't lose if they do guff he goes on, likely with his reputation still intact (1 bad season shouldn't do too much damage), they could do well and he feels reinvigorated and he stays or more likely they do well and he leaves...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!