Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not many fans in the Premier League who like the Carling Cup. But I enjoy it, I like the home games, I usually get my hands on a ticket with the main support.

Currently 3-2 to Arsenal, down to ten men. And it's extra time, 7 mins left.

Celtic v Barcelona

Lyon v Manchester United

Schalke v Porto

Liverpool v Internazionale

Roma v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Milan

Olympiakos v Chelsea

Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Barca eh. We can beat anyone at home on our day, but we'll struggle at the Nou Camp. Gonna have to get a 1-0, 2-1 win at home and then play for the draw away.

Milan aren't that great just now, it's definitely a winnable tie for Arsenal

Liverpool got the worst draw out of the English teams

and god damn it Celtic play Barcelona again, I want someone new at Celtic Park!

guess we'll just have to put them out and hope we get a new team in the quarter finals :)

Liverpool got the worst draw out of the English teams

I agree. I was looking through the list of ties and as it kinda went like "maybe..maybe..ooooooooo" as we got to the Liverpool fixture. It depends which Liverpool turn up, tbh.

United against Lyon. With regards to the other teams left in the competition, I'm glad we ended up getting Lyon at this stage rather than Inter or Barcelona or something.

well actually it was dead when ant left but were still here, laughing at your demise.

demise ---> the fall/collapse/end, all refering to you being top and then no longer...

thankyou, thankyou very much:bowdown:

So smeg for brains when is this demise coming? Toughest games this month, maximum points.

Top at Christmas, who cares about presents when you've got points.

I think Spurs gave a very good account of themselves today. One of their best displays all season. Apart from the 2 goals (the second in particular) they actually looked like a football team. A bit gutted for them that they didn't get at least a point.

I'll give them their due they gave us a battle today. And we definitely weren't our best. But I'm not going far enough to say they deserved anything. :P

I'll give them their due they gave us a battle today. And we definitely weren't our best. But I'm not going far enough to say they deserved anything. :P

Bluddy stubborn Arsenal fans. :heh:

I think they were unlucky. Keane's probably kicking himself after that penalty miss and hitting the bar when he should have scored.

Villa and Celtic both drew 1-1.

It could have been worse. But one thing that was awesome today:

Bolton Wanderers 3-0 Birmingham City

:laughing: :laughing: Alex McLeish my arse! :laughing: :laughing:

I still don't understand why there was so much hype surrounding McLeish going to Birmingham. I wasn't impressed by him much in the Scotland job - he didn't do alot other than get beat by Georgia and therefore fail to qualify after being setup so well by Walter Smith. And he was nothing special at Rangers / Hibs before hand either.

I still don't understand why there was so much hype surrounding McLeish going to Birmingham. I wasn't impressed by him much in the Scotland job - he didn't do alot other than get beat by Georgia and therefore fail to qualify after being setup so well by Walter Smith. And he was nothing special at Rangers / Hibs before hand either.

he did more for Scotland than Smith did