NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Flamini was bloody brilliant I must say. Not only was he doing the "dirty work", he had some nice touches and passes. Pretty surprised tbh. Him and Cesc look good in the middle of the park.

Hope we can beat United at the Emirates next week....should be a good game like this one.

Any idea why The Flaminator has his hand bandaged? It's been like that since last season. I swear its just a battle trophy or a punching glove. The man, no the machine has been released!

I remember a time when Liverpool would outplay teams with great passing and movement, (home or away) create chances and look the real deal. Yesterday liverpool looked miles behind Utd and Arsenal.

Again arsenal have six players in liverpool's half, Rafa makes sure liverpool have 9 men behind the ball. how negative can you be at home. The lineup looked looked like a 4-3-3 but it was more like 4-5-1 as Kuyt and Vorinin spent majority of the game defending.

What does Babel have to do before he gets a fair chance. why spend £11m on a striker then play him LW or have him sit on the bench. I just dont understand why Rafa signed him.

For effort and defending liverpool were great but passing and movement was very poor. Seemed like all the players were told to do was hit it forward whenever you can.

Maybe seeing as Torres is out for three weeks Babel will get a chance now. I think he should have an opportunity to play up front like you say, he seems kinda wasted on the left wing.

What does Babel have to do before he gets a fair chance. why spend £11m on a striker then play him LW or have him sit on the bench. I just dont understand why Rafa signed him.

Same reason Jose signed Shaun Wright-Phillips, to spite us. The bastard knew we wanted to sign him, not necessarily this year but at some point. "We'll have him so they can't" kind of thing.

Steve McClaren deserves to stay on as England coach even if the team fail to reach Euro 2008, according to his assistant Terry Venables.

Venables says England began their qualifying campaign poorly but then made great strides under McClaren.

Sorry El-Tel but no, this time next month I fully expect Second Choice Steve to be in posession of his P45. I also fail to see these so called great strides, we play worse now then we did under Sven.

Babel will definitely get his chances now, so don't worry Liverpool fans. Personally I wanna see more of him too, cos as a Gunner, we were quite close o getting him at one point.

Sorry El-Tel but no, this time next month I fully expect Second Choice Steve to be in posession of his P45. I also fail to see these so called great strides, we play worse now then we did under Sven.

Sure I wouldnt listen to what El Tel says at all - he's put his name forward for the Irish job :heh:

Did no one watch Arsenal play Sheffield United last night?

It was a easy game and I almost felt like falling asleep but we were played well, Gilberto was a big influence he helped make the makeshift back four more comfortable with the like of Song and Justin Hoyte at Centre back,Eduardo looks more clinical than Adebayor and Bendtner did well too but I'm not sure he'll get many goals.

Well Dave Bassett (yeah that Dave Bassett :heh: ) has joined Leeds as new assistant manager to Dennis Wise until the end of the season.

Interesting to say the least.

No idea why Kieran Gibbs was playing at left back the man is a winger..

Traore was on youth international duty. Gilberto didn't play Centre back because he pretty much had to play as a third centre back, his positioning is as good as ever.

man city signed Afonso Alves, was apparently amaizing las season and has ahd a good start so far, seen him playfor brazil, has pace, power and great shot on him, kinda like adriano with a more goal scoring orinetation.

cost em 14 mil and beat united, arsenal and other clubs to his signiture.

Big game tomorrow. Absolutely pissed off I didn't get a ticket, first league home game I have to miss.

[Got Wigan and Steau Bucharest booked ;)]

Think it'll be a home win or a draw.

Big game tomorrow. Absolutely pissed off I didn't get a ticket, first league home game I have to miss.

[Got Wigan and Steau Bucharest booked ;)]

Think it'll be a home win or a draw.

possible outcomes for me are...

if united play 4-4-2 as normal and come out all attack on arsenal and have a mentality of them being "just another team to beat" then we will win and win in nice entertaining fashion.

if we come with a more cautious approach and play 4-5-1 with alterations to the team then we may be hit as arsenal are too good to play whenn we are on the back foot.

i think its a game for the managers to show their experiance and how they approach the game.

hoping for a 4-4-2 approach and could win as arsenals defence has not been tested yet.

if united play 4-4-2 as normal and come out all attack on arsenal and have a mentality of them being "just another team to beat" then we will win and win in nice entertaining fashion.

And on what whacky universe do you think Arsene Wenger will tell his team, that Man Utd the current league leaders and team who are just behind us in the league "they're just another team to beat".

He's going to tell them to concentrate, play their own game and come away with a result. Anyone underestimating either team will clearly be at the disadvantage.

Roooooooooooooooooooooooney!!!!!!!!!! 1-0

Anderson and Owen Hargreaves frustrated Fabregas, so far good game.

God I love Anderson.

He traveled like a metre away from where he was tackled.

Great goal.

That game was a anticlimax if anything 1-1 would of been a fair result. Adebayor was very poor I thought we were hardly threatening going forward.

The sooner Van Persie is back fit the better it is for the team.

My throat is dead!!! Fantastic from the boys! I thought Theo had scored myself, although I was a little confused why Willy Gallas had run off, the I realised it was him who scored! Good technique from our centre back. The belief and the togetherness from the team is there to see (especially at the end there and the response going into the 2nd half).

I did feel we deserved it more, but when you're the team chasing because of the goals and you see a response like that... how can you complain!

25 unbeaten for the Arsenal now, I'm hoping the boys go from strength to strength now after proving the critics wrong in the past week.

I felt United probably deserved to win that game. As far as tactics went, Ferguson clearly outwitted Wenger, with Evra particularly used to great effect. United made better substitutions - Saha was crucial in the second goal, while Walcott struggled to contain that left flank. Arsenal seemed to me to lack penetration, though that is probably more testament to the strength of United's defence than any attacking deficiency on Arsenal's part.

Was a good game of football anyway, though now quite the "work of art" that it was hyped up to be.

I'm a Gooner so it 'may' be that disagrees, but in the 1st half there was nothing much to go on for either side. Yes, they stopped our usual liquid football which is a great point for them, but in the 2nd half when it became more open, it was more us, we were more wasteful though, whilst they looked more cinical.

But nope, it wasn't the work of art that it was hyped up to be, not that I care though :heh:, it was just really important for us to show we have that steel that a lot of critics say we lack.