NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

elland road is a much bigger than most of the stadiums of the premiership teams that you mentioned and i believe it is a bigger stadium than all of the championship ones, including hillsborough i believe.

also, leeds is quite a big city and it's a city with only one major football team so it figures that they would have high attendances at matches.

i can bet you there are barely any leeds fans at away matches though.

I'll gladly take you on that bet

Tranmere: 11,008 (2,004 Leeds)

Notts Forest: 25,237 (3,483 Leeds)

Bristol Rovers: 11,883 (1195 Leeds)

Oldham: 10,054 (3,732 Leeds)

Darlington (Johnstone's Paint Trophy) 7,891 (2,828 Leeds)

No Leeds figures for Gillingham, Portsmouth or Macclesfield games.

You're also forgetting the we're a 3rd division side. That's a 3rd division side.

Also you say Elland Road is much bigger than the Prem teams etc, I'll have you know that the Upper East Stand has been closed for some 14 months now, only to be reopened this weekend (I think), so our capacity has been limited to just about 30,000, which you'll find isn't that far off the Prem teams or some of the Champ. teams.

We've got Bolton tomorrow, who've recently split with their manager we should be in good stead. Eduardo will start which will be good, the lad needs some games under his belt, hopefully he'll play well.

International breaks makes it seem ages sicne we've played, but it hasn't been that long.

Sounds like a cracking own goal.

Spotted this in the sun today

Berbatov_375683a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article365647.ece

DIMITAR BERBATOV grew up worshipping Alan Shearer — and slept in a No 9 Newcastle shirt!

The Spurs striker was bought a Toon strip bearing his name and Big Al’s number as an 18th birthday gift from his parents.

And that was the reason he chose the No 9 shirt when he moved to Tottenham in the summer of 2006.

Decision to bring Gerrard off vindicated there as it was his replacements shot that won the penalty.

Im really starting to think if we dont win something big this season that it might be time to change managers. Benitez makes very weird decisions and doesnt seem to be able to admit when hes got something wrong and make changes to sort it out. Plus he plays Sissoko!!

Right people I'm going to throw a hot topic in here. Drogba, Go!

From what I can see he played for Jose, he doesn't really care that much about the fans, especially the ones that have stuck with him in the first couple seasons when he wasn't exactly great. I'd love to keep him but if he is going to keep that attitude then he can bog off tbh.

I have to admit that that was a really crap match.

Remind me why I support Liverpool again...

Hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek with that comment. You shouldn't need reminding if you're a true red. I'm also pretty disgusted with Happenstance's 'sack Rafa' remark. Is this how fickle our support is these days? Get behind the team for fuck sake!

And the Drogs scores!!....I take back what I said! (Not really.)

Edit:....Why can't we just sell Paulo Ferreira.....

Lol Fields, Liverpool can be an infuriating team to watch though. Obviously the result is the most important thing and we won today... but Everton could likely have had a penalty or two themselves because the one Gerrard got us was a bit of a dive.

Sissoko... I mean... I think I'm a better player than him. :cry:

Drogba's alright I suppose, he gets the goals!

Hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek with that comment. You shouldn't need reminding if you're a true red. I'm also pretty disgusted with Happenstance's 'sack Rafa' remark. Is this how fickle our support is these days? Get behind the team for fuck sake!

I am firmly behind the team, that doesnt however mean that im going to blindly follow our manager who I think cannot get past his own pride.

I trust Rafa, and I still believe he will bring the league title home this season. Number 19 is on its way boys!

Malouda is being useless...Bring on SWP!!

WOW!! What a blast from Alex!

I'll gladly take you on that bet

Tranmere: 11,008 (2,004 Leeds)

Notts Forest: 25,237 (3,483 Leeds)

Bristol Rovers: 11,883 (1195 Leeds)

Oldham: 10,054 (3,732 Leeds)

Darlington (Johnstone's Paint Trophy) 7,891 (2,828 Leeds)

No Leeds figures for Gillingham, Portsmouth or Macclesfield games.

You're also forgetting the we're a 3rd division side. That's a 3rd division side.

Also you say Elland Road is much bigger than the Prem teams etc, I'll have you know that the Upper East Stand has been closed for some 14 months now, only to be reopened this weekend (I think), so our capacity has been limited to just about 30,000, which you'll find isn't that far off the Prem teams or some of the Champ. teams.

still bigger than fratton park! Just wanted to bring that up!

Anyway..pompey 2-0 up! Benjani top scorer in the Prem now! Oh yeah and awesome goal from Glen Johnson!

Beat West Brom 3-2 delighted, would have taken a point quite happily at the start of the game. Feared a total raping tbh.