NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

6-0 TO THE ARSENAL! :D

And over 30 mins to go!

Let's make it 10!

They only managed 7 in the end. Great result though. Walcott gets 2 on his Champions League debut.

Good result for the Gers too, 0-0 with Barca. Barcelona were all over them for the whole game. From when I turned on (about 30 mins in) they never really looked like scoring for some reason though, just content with passing it around..

Shame it was only 7, we had some good chances to make it more. Almunia made some great saves aswell. Would have loved it if Theo had got his hat trick, but it wasn't to be. Hleb and Fabregas were also awesome tonight.

I wish I had bought a ticket, I could have gone because it's half term! SILLY ME!

ARSENAL! ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM!!! THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

AND IT'S ARSENAL!! ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM!!! THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

Amazing result, best performance all season. Roll on Liverpool on Sunday.

[Actually gutted I wasn't at the Emirates this evening, was going to go but decided not to buy a seat]

the BBC Text updates where quite amsuing this evening:

"Watching Arsenal is like making love to a beautiful woman. You go to sleep afterwards knowing life is good." Shane, in Belfast

"Anyone who compares watching any football team to making love really needs to get out more. But Arsenal are playing some good stuff. MJF, in Macclesfield

"Watching Rangers is like making love to a beautiful woman. Close your eyes, hope for the best and just pray Thierry Henry doesn't turn up." Jim, in Glasgow

"Watching Arsenal is much more entertaining than making love to a beautiful woman.. or maybe I just married the wrong woman?" Anonymous

"Watching Arsenal last season was like making love to a beautiful woman: good build up but no end product, and at the end of the day everyone went home disappointed. Nice to see Arsenal have sorted out their scoring problem, because I certainly haven't." Sean

"The difference is that Arsenal make it last 90 minutes." A Beautiful Woman, via text on 81111

the BBC Text updates where quite amsuing this evening:

"Watching Arsenal is like making love to a beautiful woman. You go to sleep afterwards knowing life is good." Shane, in Belfast

"Anyone who compares watching any football team to making love really needs to get out more. But Arsenal are playing some good stuff. MJF, in Macclesfield

"Watching Rangers is like making love to a beautiful woman. Close your eyes, hope for the best and just pray Thierry Henry doesn't turn up." Jim, in Glasgow

"Watching Arsenal is much more entertaining than making love to a beautiful woman.. or maybe I just married the wrong woman?" Anonymous

"Watching Arsenal last season was like making love to a beautiful woman: good build up but no end product, and at the end of the day everyone went home disappointed. Nice to see Arsenal have sorted out their scoring problem, because I certainly haven't." Sean

"The difference is that Arsenal make it last 90 minutes." A Beautiful Woman, via text on 81111

Love it! COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

There' still a long way till the end of the season, we have started well but I won't be jumping to conclusions yet at least until February just because we trashed Slavia Prague.

December and January are crucial, we have 9 games in December with a couple of tough away fixtures against Villa Everton, Newcastle and Portsmouth and then Chelsea and Spuds at home.

In January/February Toure and Eboue go on African nations cup duty.

Scots close in on England ranking

James McFadden's goals have taken Scotland to new heights

Scotland are on the verge of overtaking England after rising to their highest position in the Fifa world rankings.

Despite their 2-0 loss in Georgia, the Scots have moved from 14th to 13th - two places behind England, who fell to 11th from ninth after losing to Russia.

The top nine European teams are seeded for the 2010 World Cup qualifers.

Argentina head the rankings, Brazil are second, Italy third, the managerless Republic of Ireland are 32nd, Northern Ireland 36th and Wales 58th.

If Scotland maintain their current position, they will qualify for the second group of seeds, a significant improvement from their Euro 2008 campaign, where they were among the fourth-ranked teams.

And their position could improve further if the Scots beat world champions Italy in their final Euro 2008 qualifier on 17 November, a match they must win to reach the finals next year.

606: DEBATE

Give your thoughts on Scotland's advance in the world rankings

It is a tough assignment for Alex McLeish's side against the World Cup holders, but they have reason for hope after taking maximum points from their previous home qualifying games against the Faroes, France, Georgia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.

England's hopes of finishing in the top nine have been severely dented following their defeat in Moscow.

The battle for qualification from Group E is now out of England's hands.

Croatia need only one point from their remaining two games to qualify. Russia will qualify if they win their remaining two games, while England, who play Croatia at Wembley in their last game, need Russia to slip up.

Meanwhile, the Republic's failure to qualify for the tournament in Austria and Switzerland led to the Football Association of Ireland terminating the contract of manager Steve Staunton by mutual consent.

Under-21 boss Don Givens will take temporary charge of the senior side.

:D

Here we come, England!

It would be the pinnacle of awesomeness if we overtook England and qualified for Euro 2008!

Everyone knows the Fifa world ranking are bollocks. The fact that Mexico are in the top 5 and Scotland are even considered top 20 shows that.

Steve Staunton was sacked last night...

WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Bring on Paul Jewell or David O'Leary! Someone who HAS managed before!

Everyone knows the Fifa world ranking are bollocks. The fact that Mexico are in the top 5 and Scotland are even considered top 20 shows that.

Rankings are important for one reason alone, they decide the seedings for qualifying groups.

I see you failed to mention England there, where do you think they should be? Scotland have earned a high place with 5 home victories out of 5 in the qualifying for Euro 2008 and an away victory in Paris. What have England done to get their place?

Steve Staunton was sacked last night...

WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Bring on Paul Jewell or David O'Leary! Someone who HAS managed before!

Do you really want O'Leary? He was only good at Leeds because of the money he had.

Paul Jewell for the win.

Do you really want O'Leary? He was only good at Leeds because of the money he had.

Paul Jewell for the win.

Ahead of the likes of Steve Staunton?? Hell yeah!!

We need someone who at least has an idea of what he's doing.

5 minutes in and that is DISGUSTING keeping from the Schalke keeper! 1 - 0

Mexico are top 5!?! Thats a laugh and a half!!

they are actually very good, made it to the 1/2 finals in coppa america, were a class act in the world cup and have been great over he past 3-4 years. they deserve their spot.

just because they lost to england in a friendly 4 years ago doesnt make them crap.

for me, top 5 would be italy, portugal, argentina, mexico and probably brazil (not 100% sure about them) with france coming a close 6th

they are actually very good, made it to the 1/2 finals in coppa america, were a class act in the world cup and have been great over he past 3-4 years. they deserve their spot.

just because they lost to england in a friendly 4 years ago doesnt make them crap.

for me, top 5 would be italy, portugal, argentina, mexico and probably brazil (not 100% sure about them) with france coming a close 6th

Mexico wouldn't even get into my top 10.

Top 5 would be Italy, Brazil, Argentina, France and Portugal.

liverpool as an attacking force have been shocking! Rafa has explaining to do if liverpool do not get out the group stage. Kuyt seriously is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club. Apart from Torres the other strikers are average.

i personally really like kuyt.

think he's probably one of liverpools best players. his work rate is sensational usually.

i haven't seen tonights match so it may be tonights performance that you are talking about.

edit: can liverpool realistically qualify for the round of 16 now anyway? bad, bad rafa.