Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2007

gaggle64

Yeah, I only started watching in the last 20 laps. I feel for Kubica though because he's a very talented driver...hope this doesn't set him back.

Great to see Lewis having a solid drive and it was nice to see Heidfeld and Wurz on the podium. I don't think Wurz has been up there since his days at Mclaren so congrats to him. Heidfeld too, he's been quite unlucky so far in F1 and he has a lot of talent. The BMWs aren't looking too shabby this season.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heidfeld hopefully after this podium will gather more confidence and will see bmw on the podium more.

heidfeld is one of the best drivers in F1 shame he is so underrated....alot of people out there i dont think realise just how good this guy is

and OMG sato overtook alonso near the end that was a great moment

heidfeld is one of the best drivers in F1 shame he is so underrated....alot of people out there i dont think realise just how good this guy is
That's because he's stuck by Sauber for something like 7 years! and it's only now that the team is finally achieving something!

I agree, Heidfeld is a great driver, he's just kind of been left behind (because of the team) until now!

That's because he's stuck by Sauber for something like 7 years! and it's only now that the team is finally achieving something!

I agree, Heidfeld is a great driver, he's just kind of been left behind (because of the team) until now!

He's always been unlucky...he started off in Sauber paired with Kimi who overshadowed him despite his talent. But it seems he'll do some good things in the near future.

heidfeld hopefully after this podium will gather more confidence and will see bmw on the podium more.

and OMG sato overtook alonso near the end that was a great moment

Agree with the heidfeld comment. We should have got him, not raikonnen IMO.

Also, Sato overtaking Alonso was INCREDIBLE! I was screaming when that happened.

From a fiscal point of view Heidfeld would be the right choice for Ferrari, Raikkonen is slightly more talented but must have cost them a bomb.

I'm a Mclaren fan...Kimi was unlucky in his few seasons not to have a more reliable car...but this year I'm really impressed by the work the engineers have put in to make one which works. Not that great a fan of Alonso though...I don't find him a particularly exciting driver tbh. It'd be more interesting with someone like Kubica or Heidfeld there.

From the BBC:

Unscathed Kubica out of hospital

BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica was released from hospital on Monday after escaping serious injury in a horrific crash at the Canadian Grand Prix.

The 22-year-old Pole lost control as he tried to overtake Toyota's Jarno Trulli at 180mph, his car lifting off the ground before hitting a wall head-on.

Kubica emerged with only slight concussion and a sprained ankle.

"I feel very good," he said. "I was very lucky - big accident, but fortunately, nothing hurt."

Kubica said he remembered "nearly everything" about the crash.

He underwent intensive CT-scans and other checks at the Sacre Coeur Hospital in Montreal and was given the all-clear by doctors, driving himself away in a BMW X5.

Kubica hopes to be cleared to race in next weekend's US Grand Prix at Indianapolis, although he will have to undergo a standard check by the FIA Medical Delegate on Thursday.

"I think he wouldn't have survived something like this 10 years ago," said BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen.

"To get a driver back unhurt after such a huge accident is fantastic."

German test driver Sebastian Vettel is BMW's official reserve driver if Kubica is not declared fit to race in Indianapolis..

Wow. It's amazing he was able to drive himself away from the hospital after that crash. Incredible. Glad to see he'll be back soon then, hopefully this weekend.

Well another good drive from Lewis, but overall a bit of a boring race (as Indi often is!).

Alonso's swerving 'message' to the team was quite entertaining, and I'm glad the Ferrari's seemed that little bit faster here, but that's about it for this race.

On to Magny Cours now (for the last time thankfully)!

God Hamilton is so good under pressure; deserved the victory.

Nice to see Ferrari weren't so far off the pace, but i think it's over for us this season tbh.

Also, poor Button. He was pushing so hard in what is easily the worst car to drive.

Hamilton was brilliant again. I really thought Alonso was gonna take when he got in Hamilton's slipstream after the were held up by traffic, but Hamilton handled it brilliantly!

To be honest I can see him getting even stronger as his confidence grows and grows. Although, saying that, he is yet to make a mistake and the true test of character could be how he responds to that error which costs him a win or even a finish, and he will make a mistake one day!

but i think it's over for us this season tbh.
Yeah that's what I feel aswell now, a real shame!

Those few reliability issues for both drivers across the first few races have proved to be crutial and I don't think the car is particularly handling well at all this season either.

I think it's hats off to both Kimi and Massa for actually racing as well as they are and keeping the times close to the McLarens when I think many other drivers would be constantly off the road in the corners.

They really need to help hook this car up to Kimi's driving style aswell, just let the car loosen up a little and let him fling it into a few of the corners.

I'm also really unhappy with the criticisms being leveled on Kimi at the moment.

You can see from Alonso's problems aswell that a change of teams and a change of tyres is a huge deal!

Kimi also has to deal with a weaker, more unpredictable car than Alonso, and onw which has also had reliability issues.

Plus he is Micheal's replacement and I personally feel whoever replaced Micheal at Ferrari would have struggled because the team just seem to have been too reliant on the guy. I honestly hate seeing him around the team as I really feel Ferrari have to just move on; let Massa talk to Micheal on the phone if he really can't just get on with things by himself, but seriously, let it go Massa!

Ferrari need to stop living in the past and concentrate on the future!

Didn't realise there was a thread for F1, should have known really! Love F1 have been watching it for years since I was young. Support British racers and British teams naturally!

great race by the boy Lewis today, thought Alonso was gonna sneak past him at one point but it wasn't the case!

Alonso did his best to bully him didn't he? Hamilton's better then that though. Personally I feel sorry for Coulthard, he's had a simply appalling year and rarely due to any fault of his own.

I reckon the Ferraris can still come back, but they've simply got to start pulling something from somewhere over the next couple of races. Time is very much against them at this point.

Anyone planning on going to the Silverstone test days this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?

I'm planning to go providing the weather's good; there's no point going if it's raining heavily as a lot of the teams won't be running much at all and you'll just get wet!

I went last year and it was a great, and free (£10 this year)! All the drivers were there and nearly all of the teams! Ferrari were missing as they tend to run their tests elsewhere, but I haven't heard if they are planning to be there this year.

Anyone planning on going to the Silverstone test days this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?

I'm planning to go providing the weather's good; there's no point going if it's raining as a lot of the teams won't be running much at all and you'll just get wet!

I went last year and it was a great, and free (£10 this year)! All the drivers were there and nearly all of the teams! Ferrari were missing as they tend to run their tests elsewhere, but I haven't heard if they are planning to be there this year.

I'm going on Wednesday.

Awesome! Looks like Ferrari will be at the Silverstone test this week!! :bouncy:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39690

Team boss Jean Todt admitted the Italian squad has a lot of ground to make up but insisted that the battle is not over yet.

“Clearly the situation in the classification is getting more complicated but there are still 10 races to go,” he said.

“Next week in [testing at] Silverstone, we will try out some new developments which should help us in getting back to the level we were at from the start of the championship.

“We cannot deny we are disappointed with how the last few grands prix have turned out, but we strongly insist that we really want to turn the situation around.”

There are great photo opportunities through Luffield; Can't wait!

Yeah, all the teams will probably be testing the shit out everything they can throw on the car. Seems to be that time of year when their R&D teams finally finish whatever doo-hickie package they've been developing based on their race performance.

• 2 weeks later...

:yay: Kimi Wins!! :yay:

Absolutely Awesome Grand Prix!! (From my point of view anyways!)

So pleased Kimi's back to winning ways and that he's so much happier with the improved F2007.

Massa was abit of a bad loser in the press conference today!

Can't wait for Silverstone now, Ferrari should be strong there aswell!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!