Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The revolution - Unknown features

demonmike04

Ok, a while back there was an interviw with NOE's Jim Merrick. One of the quotes I picked up from the Interview was quite interesting.

Since I cannot find the interview (If any one could find it and post the link, i'd be very grateful), the quote was kinda like this:

Im suprised Nintendo is going as slow as it is revealing revolutions features. Theres so much to be revealed.

So, is he talking about games in development, more controller features, or perhaps even more revolutionary aspects to the machine which we've had no hint on?

So, now to the point of this topic:

What feature would you like revolution to have and why?

Suggestions for a toaster are accepted (If any one knows what im talking about :wink: ).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be other little surprises to come. It can be things such an attachable headset (with voice over IP perhaps) or other downloadable extras. Don't expect anything too big though.

I would be surprised if ther wasn't an attachable headset. That is a must if they want to their online play to beat Microsofts.

There might be other little surprises to come. It can be things such an attachable headset (with voice over IP perhaps) or other downloadable extras. Don't expect anything too big though.

Im not expectin anything mind blowing. Im just asking what people think could be the other features. Its an imagination game realy.

Why do people keep on insisting on suggesting wired headsets? Are you all forgetting that the Revolution is using Bluetooth? You know, that wireless protocol that all of those wireless headsets, for mobile phones, use. Anyone else seeing this very slight connection I'm hinting at?

I heard a rumour that there was some kind of 3D simulation similar to 3D cinema and that rumour was backed up by George Lucas and Peter Jackson and considering the name of the processor and graphics card (Broadway, Hollywood) this could be true.

yeah, your talking about a new way to view 2d in 3d (not cube maps) This new technology suposedly makes images appear outside of the screen litterally without the need for 3d glasses. George lucas is re-releasing the whole star wars trilogy using this technology on DVD's again. They had a big conference with the director of spy kids 3d, Sin City, george lucas, peter jackson and other well known directors. They all will be supporting this new technology by 2007. At the end of the conference the director of Sin city told a journalist that this new way of viewing movies is amazing, he then went on to say that you will not see this new 3d technology apear in movies first, he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

I forgot all about this until now. This was on regular news sites, not gaming sites like spong.com or ign, Maybe that company he's talking about is Nintendo and thats why they're not showing revolution games yet, because thats probably an easier technology to copy than the controller. Iwata did state back at E3 that when you see how the games look you will me amazed, so they can't just look like updated gamecube games since that wont amaze anyone and seeing that the controller can really manipulate objects on screen, to have certain objects appear to pop out fits the controller greatly.

This would be a great thing to have and it will actually outshine Ps3 graphics. picture driving a car and you side swipe a guard rail and it looks like sparks fly out of your tv from the side of your car or Smoke in a game looks like smoke infront of your tv. This technology is real and its real that a certain videogame maker will be usings this technology according to the guy who made sin city. Of course he could have been commenting on a rumor he heard because how in the hell would he know what nintendo was doing almost a year ago when this story came out? Either Nintendo has this technology and are waiting for E306, The Sin City directors passing off rumors that he heard, or some cpu game company will make a game with this technology for the cpu. Either way the thought of this new form of 3d really sounded cool back when i read it. I wish i had the link.

yeah, your talking about a new way to view 2d in 3d (not cube maps) This new technology suposedly makes images appear outside of the screen litterally without the need for 3d glasses. George lucas is re-releasing the whole star wars trilogy using this technology on DVD's again. They had a big conference with the director of spy kids 3d, Sin City, george lucas, peter jackson and other well known directors. They all will be supporting this new technology by 2007. At the end of the conference the director of Sin city told a journalist that this new way of viewing movies is amazing, he then went on to say that you will not see this new 3d technology apear in movies first, he said a well known video game maker got the jump on hollywood and will be using it in its upcoming console in 2006.

I forgot all about this until now. This was on regular news sites, not gaming sites like spong.com or ign, Maybe that company he's talking about is Nintendo and thats why they're not showing revolution games yet, because thats probably an easier technology to copy than the controller. Iwata did state back at E3 that when you see how the games look you will me amazed, so they can't just look like updated gamecube games since that wont amaze anyone and seeing that the controller can really manipulate objects on screen, to have certain objects appear to pop out fits the controller greatly.

This would be a great thing to have and it will actually outshine Ps3 graphics. picture driving a car and you side swipe a guard rail and it looks like sparks fly out of your tv from the side of your car or Smoke in a game looks like smoke infront of your tv. This technology is real and its real that a certain videogame maker will be usings this technology according to the guy who made sin city. Of course he could have been commenting on a rumor he heard because how in the hell would he know what nintendo was doing almost a year ago when this story came out? Either Nintendo has this technology and are waiting for E306, The Sin City directors passing off rumors that he heard, or some cpu game company will make a game with this technology for the cpu. Either way the thought of this new form of 3d really sounded cool back when i read it. I wish i had the link.

Holy crepe. Without the need for 3D Glasses? I love those glasses...

Thats pretty amazing if they use this in Revo. And it suits the controller perfectly if you think about it.

Objects looking like they are outside the TV = Better accuracy with the Controller.

FUCK ME (soz) That would be SOO COOL

PS3 would be left trailing plzzzz tell me this true

E3 2006 lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So it just looks like it pops out the screen? Thats pretty kool. But imagine holograms appearing on your coffee table or floor. Still good news, but remember this could also apply to Sony...Though they would need you to re-mortgage your house to buy it.

Wow, thanks for the info I didn't know what exactly I had to expect when I first read about it.

And it must be the Revo which has this features, because if it was for PC or one of the other consoles they would have announced it long ago with what new and inventive form of displaying they came up with.

This technology perfectly fitts the new controller and these things together should make it an absolute must have - at least it's that for me.

Also, another reason why it could be Nintendo:

Do you guys remember, a year back, Nintendo spoke of actually, literally seeing your games in a different way? Many probably thought that we would see whats happening at different angles but this would be amazing lol

I hope someone else is able to Remember Nintendo saying something along those lines. Anyway, yeah, I honestly can NOT wait!

Also, another reason why it could be Nintendo:

Do you guys remember, a year back, Nintendo spoke of actually, literally seeing your games in a different way? Many probably thought that we would see whats happening at different angles but this would be amazing lol

I hope someone else is able to Remember Nintendo saying something along those lines. Anyway, yeah, I honestly can NOT wait!

I was talking to a friend about that quote last night, but I still think it was a figure of speach. If i get proved wrong about that, im going to be very happy.

Since the controller is the ultimate in innovation (Apart from virtual reality), so you feel you are part of the game. This way theres more fun, and more newcomers into the Gaming world, making Video games an even bigger industry. I think they meant the way we see games in a business point of view. But go ahead Nintendo, prove me wrong.

Okay i may have jumped the gun, this is from the Broken Saints website:

During the ShoWest film conference, a panel featuring George Lucus, Robert Zemekis, James Cameron, Robert Rodriguez, and a satellite feed from Peter Jackson discuss their plans to integrate cheap digital stereoscopic 3D into major theater chains by 2007. Here's where things get interesting: Burgess claims to know an agent who spoke to Robert Rodriguez, stating they knew of a game machine that would exploit this new wave of 3D entertainment well before Hollywood could jump in on the market.

What gave this rumor legs was because it came from the mouth of Brook Burgess, If you dont know him, He's not some guy with a blog saying he works in a game dev company. He really was a top level guy at EA and left a couple of years ago to write and direct comic books. If anybody knows people in the industry its him. Alot of his friends and contacts are still in the gaming industry so he is definitely in the know. But this is still just a rumor but it's from a very big reliable source. The equivalent of him saying something about the industry is up there with old nintendo president Yamauchi saying something, neither of them are in the game industry anymore but they both still communicate and help around in the industry from time to time, so the rumor definitely something to watch out for.

im soo excited if this is tru! imagine playing zelda, having the enemies weapon actually come out fo the screen and skim you. or playin mario 128 havin mario throw fireballs out of the screen. how about metroid!? amazing actual 3D graphics, energy balls flyin across your livin room and space pirates coming within inches of your face. even a metroid latching on 3Dimensionally. wow is all i can say.... (PLEASE DONT BE A RUMOUR!! :unsure: )

i mean just think, this means that better graphics like the PS3 isnt the dead end of video games, coz now there might be realism!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!