NEurope
Dan_Dare

Pole wakes from Coma of 19 years, is confused by lack of Communism.

Dunno who's seen this, but there's a guy in Poland who got hit by a train in '88 and has been in a coma for the last 19 years. He just woke up and has been amazed by, well,b pretty much anything we take for granted.

Imagine that, missing out on 19 years of political and technological advancement in your sleep. That's most of my entire life. Bizzare stuff.

Dunno who's seen this, but there's a guy in Poland who got hit by a train in '88 and has been in a coma for the last 19 years. He just woke up and has been amazed by, well,b pretty much anything we take for granted.

Imagine that, missing out on 19 years of political and technological advancement in your sleep. That's most of my entire life. Bizzare stuff.

Wow, that's weird. I wonder what I'd miss if I went in to a Coma for 20 years? Terrorist attacks? Political climates? Climate change?

Yeesh.

I'd miss the rest of 24. AWESOME - I'd be able to watch them all in a row :D

"Hi, i'd like all seasons of "24""

"Oh, I'm sorry, they never made it past DVD which were phased out 5 years ago"

Unlikely but hilarious.

I read the title as a Pole as in a side light on the streets...don't look at me like that.

Pretty crazy being asleep for 19 years...

"Hi, i'd like all seasons of "24""

"Oh, I'm sorry, they never made it past DVD which were phased out 5 years ago"

Unlikely but hilarious.

As long as the internet lived... :P

OSHI-

Don't, I can't die until I've seen what 24 has in store for Mr. Bauer and the country of great America etc etc!

Isn't there a movie that's about the exact same phenomenon?

Gimme a minute, I'll look it up.

Aha! Found it!

Goodbye Lenin! In 1990, to protect his fragile mother from a fatal shock after a long coma; a young man must keep her from learning that her beloved nation of East Germany as she knew it has disappeared.

Isn't there a movie that's about the exact same phenomenon?

Gimme a minute, I'll look it up.

The one that comes to mind is awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert De Niro.

But its a subject thats probably been touched a few times.

I was just reading about this on the BBC news website before I came on here It did, as it did to EchoDesiato, remind me of Goodbye Lenin.

Except, of course, here the person who wakes up isn't a fanatical supporter of the communist party...

This guy is going to have to do a lot of catching up on technology, politics, and history. That wonderful invention that became popular after his accident, the internet, will prove very useful...

Dan, you may wish to add some sauce to your first post:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6715313.stm

OSHI-

Was that word meant to be OSHIRI? hehehe

That is so bizarre! Great to hear he's awake etc, but think of what he doesnt know!

The Internet

The 2 Gulf Wars

9/11

7/7

Poland in the World Cup :p

etc

etc

etc!!

I like the thread title. Cresendos to Captain Dare for that.

WTF is a cresendo. I just make words up. I mean't it as kudos or something of that vein.

Lucky bastard missed years of reality TV. As soon as he watches some he'll wish he was still in a coma.

Also thought instantely about that film Good-bye Lenin.

But I think it should be interesting to be thrown into fhe future of some sort, we don't really realize how much changed during the last few years because it's a continuous process but now you see what really is different.

Global Warming, more Nations with Nukes, bigger cars, faster computers, Internet, HD-TV :p

Are your body like a mellow pudding when you wake up from 19 years of not moving?

At least he can play the Wii...

I would shit myself seeing modern technology. Cell Phone with cameras and video conference, Internet, computer animation, holograms, etc...