NEurope
Cube

The E3 2007 Anticipation Thread

Well, with the lack of Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Batallion Wars 2, Forever Blue, Disaster, Project HAMMER, Kirby (It's on the Japan release list, but no news at all), Wii Music and Wii Health Pack missing from the recent media summit, Nintendo have a lot to tell us about at E3 this year. Especially as 8 of those are "confirmed" for this year (not including Europe) .

That also if they don't announce anything new. It looks like it could be one hell of an E3 for us.

Heres the press schedule (times for LA, we are 8 hours ahead)

Tuesday, July 10th

* 8:30PM - Microsoft Press Conference

Wednesday, July 11th

* 9:30AM - Nintendo Press Conference

* 11:30AM - Sony Computer Entertainment Press Conference

* 2:00PM - EA Press Conference

* 3:15PM - Activision Press Conference

* 4:30PM - Midway Press Conference

* 5:45PM - Konami Press Conference

Thursday, July 12th

* 8:30AM - Take Two Interactive Press Conference

* 9:15AM - THQ Press Conference

* 10:30AM - Ubisoft Press Conference

* 1:30PM - Namco Bandai Press Conference

* 3:30PM - Disney Interactive Press Conference

Just like last year, Microsoft have theirs a day early, but I'm sure Sony has theirs before Nintendo last year (I remember Sony: Rumble is impossible to do with the motion technology, an hour later Nintendo: Our motion sensitive controller has rumble and a speaker).

The floor plan for the games playing part of the event is here.

As you see, Nintendo has a 400 square foot space to fill in.

So, let the hyping/speculating/fake announcements start......now.

Bit early? Still hyped though I am always on that sweet sweet hype train. :grin:

Bit early? Still hyped though I am always on that sweet sweet hype train. :grin:
"Only" 6 weeks away.

I want Brawl news,Mario news,Metroid news,NiGHTS news,Final Fantasy news.Offcourse 'news' includes release dates and trailers and some nice info :heh:

I'm on holiday when this is on,so i'll have a lot to come back to.

"Only" 6 weeks away.

Hmm thats true 6 weeks is nothing on with the hypage! Btw on a side note pedro have you seen the new RE4 wii movies on gametrailers? They show a noticable improvement I think above the GC version as your the expert in these things just wondering what you thought.

Should have called it the E3 Megaton thread, cause that's what it is going to be.

Damn you for steeling this thread from me!

I have ZERO anticipation atm for E3 unless Mario Galaxy gets a 2007 date for Europe or they announce Wii Zelda-which they won't. Apple's WWDC and Blizzcon is more exciting for me this year. Seems the old E3 excitement is on hold-usually a month or so before i'm shopping at the bit but nopes, no chopping action.

I'll expect nothing. That way, I cannot possibly be disappointed. :)

(Unless they announce 3,784 minigame collections for the Wii...)

Personal Top 5 Predictions/Factless Guesswork:

1. 6 new characters for Brawl revealed with more (a.ka. Sonic) to be unveiled at TGS

2. Brand new Pikmin sequel.

3. Playable Olympics demo.

4. Reggie details upcoming online games.

5. Oodles of Brain Training cash ins.

i think we can expect all 3 big guns (smash bros metroid mario) playable especialy mario since it was playable last year.

i'm hoping for disaster and hammer info/footage/screens/demos/dates/apple style release

There gonna be a live stream this year? I really enjoyed watching it last year.

Oh yeah, if Nintendo doesn't announce a DS F-Zero or a Wii Starfox then I'll buy a PS3 in spite. (I was gonna get one anyway but without the spite) :heh:

"Only" 6 weeks away.

Its six and half weeks alway and everything is going to be low-keyed, no live streams etc.

great. I'm on MedSim then for 3 days from the 11th-13th.

DAMN!

Its six and half weeks alway and everything is going to be low-keyed, no live streams etc.

Are you absolutely sure there is not going to be any live streams?

Hmm thats true 6 weeks is nothing on with the hypage! Btw on a side note pedro have you seen the new RE4 wii movies on gametrailers? They show a noticable improvement I think above the GC version as your the expert in these things just wondering what you thought.
Sorry for the delay answering. From the new videos in the website that I've seen... the game looks mostly the same with some general color scheme changes (might be from the video quality) and like some users pointed seems quicker in the movie set execution.

So... nothing new (that wasn't said) to add about that. :heh:

Everything? Even the keynote before the expo?

That should be hosted by Nintendo not E3 itself, right?

great. I'm on MedSim then for 3 days from the 11th-13th.

DAMN!

OFF TOPIC: Really I might be going? *went to medisix* When did you book and is it too late for me to book?

EDIT: btw I might add you on MSN if thats OK, PM me ure addy ;)

OOOoooo a little slip from Matt on IGN in their new podcast:

Roughly what was said:

Peer: Ok, next question is 'What's your most anticipated Wii game that you've played, whether it's been showcased or behind close doors'. Yeah if you ask a question like that don't expect him to tell you any secrets *slight laugh*.

matt: I think Galaxy would still be my favourite, it's up there. metroid too, those games are shoe-ins. Brawl obviously. Then there are some 3rd party games too; Manhunt 2, which we put up a preview today of. It's disgustingly sick it's almost funny. it's so gross and out there; we had a lot of fun :D. There's also a couple of behind close doors games we can't really talk about but they seem cool. (HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART!!!!!) Now, there was this one game that I played a few months back that i quite liked; Peer you'd remember because i had to travel there to play it, bit it's nice to know Nintendo are making new games that are.....*Matt stops realised what he said and Peer bursts out laughing*.

Peer: *laughter for the next 5 seconds*

Matt: I meant 3rd Parties and Nintendo...

Peer: God i guess you can get stuff out of him.

Off topic: Yeah demuwan you can add me...You have my adress?

OOOoooo a little slip from Matt on IGN in their new podcast:

Roughly what was said:

Peer: Ok, next question is 'What's your most anticipated Wii game that you've played, whether it's been showcased or behind close doors'. Yeah if you ask a question like that don't expect him to tell you any secrets *slight laugh*.

matt: I think Galaxy would still be my favourite, it's up there. metroid too, those games are shoe-ins. Brawl obviously. Then there are some 3rd party games too; Manhunt 2, which we put up a preview today of. It's disgustingly sick it's almost funny. it's so gross and out there; we had a lot of fun :D. There's also a couple of behind close doors games we can't really talk about but they seem cool. (HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT PART!!!!!) Now, there was this one game that I played a few months back that i quite liked; Peer you'd remember because i had to travel there to play it, bit it's nice to know Nintendo are making new games that are.....*Matt stops realised what he said and Peer bursts out laughing*.

Peer: *laughter for the next 5 seconds*

Matt: I meant 3rd Parties and Nintendo...

Peer: God i guess you can get stuff out of him.

Off topic: Yeah demuwan you can add me...You have my adress?

Still can't work out what it could be?

and nah I don't.

Can't wait for E3!!

Bring on Smash Bros!!

Also can't wait to see more of Mario Galaxy, FF:CC, Resi:UC etc...

Btw on a side note pedro have you seen the new RE4 wii movies on gametrailers? They show a noticable improvement I think above the GC version as your the expert in these things just wondering what you thought.
Sorry for the delay answering. From the new videos in the website that I've seen... the game looks mostly the same with some general color scheme changes (might be from the video quality) and like some users pointed seems quicker in the movie set execution.
Are you guys talking about this video?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20019&type=wmv&pl=game

If so, it's from the PC version and looks terrible in comparison to all other versions!

E3 is gonna PWN!!!

ps Goron whats ure MSN?

[email protected]

Add me (that applies to anyone who wants to chat aswell).

I really loved E3 last year; was such a big turning point. Everyone came out knowing the Wii worked and it occured to Sony they had a lot of work to do after everyone went round saying 'Riiiiidge Racer' for the next 6 months.

Hopefully this year will be good too, despite the changes.