Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

DCK

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally hyped for the maths calculator.

I'll like publically scream if my calculator runs out of batteries though.

I would as well, so i'm being well prepared and taking 3 caculators. :D

If all of those ran out then i'd scream even louder!!! and fail the exam as the calculator is the key to all my mathematical knowledge and without it i'd be powerless.

Firebell went off during my geography exam. We had to get out but we couldnt talk. I had done it all apart from the last question, which was a long one (14 marks out of 60). You had to write a letter to the Vietnamese government about developing Hanoi. I just couldn't get into the right mind afterwards.

Anyone that has History Medicine Through Time, it is a source test right?

How do you revise for a source test?

Mine is but it's a different exam.

You need to revise all the content still because although it is source based they still ask you to use your own knowledge and if you don't know you are screwed.

Also you have to learn the techniques of tackling a source based question. :D

Mine is but it's a different exam.

You need to revise all the content still because although it is source based they still ask you to use your own knowledge and if you don't know you are screwed.

Also you have to learn the techniques of tackling a source based question. :D

O.K, thanks.

How many history exams do you have? What board, I'm Edexcel for History.

I have two knowledge based ones and a source based one. I'm pretty sure (based on the mock) that the source based one is pure sourcework and no knowledge questions as in the mock, we did the Medicine source test without doing the subject yet so I guess this would be the same. No harm in re-reading my notes, revision guide though.,

As for the techniques, making inferences, declaring the reputibility and reliability of sources, etc, right? Or not?

O.K, thanks.

How many history exams do you have? What board, I'm Edexcel for History.

I have two knowledge based ones and a source based one. I'm pretty sure (based on the mock) that the source based one is pure sourcework and no knowledge questions as in the mock, we did the Medicine source test without doing the subject yet so I guess this would be the same. No harm in re-reading my notes, revision guide though.,

As for the techniques, making inferences, declaring the reputibility and reliability of sources, etc, right? Or not?

i have two, i had one last Friday which was purely knowledge based and another tommorrow which is source based but having to apply your own knowledge as well.

You have to now what the source is trying to get at and who is saying it to see what views on the subject they would have and whether it is biased or not and as you said see whether it is reliable.

Do you also have sources with a cartoon picture?

i have two, i had one last Friday which was purely knowledge based and another tommorrow which is source based but having to apply your own knowledge as well.

You have to now what the source is trying to get at and who is saying it to see what views on the subject they would have and whether it is biased or not and as you said see whether it is reliable.

Do you also have sources with a cartoon picture?

In the mock, there was one. It had lots of people drawn as cows or with miny cows bursting out of them. It was showing the percieved ill effects of vaccination. :awesome:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!