N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

No-ones posted to say how good your drawings are Dan so I thought I'd make sure you feel appreciated! I usually just let someone else say well done :p

They all look pretty creative and well designed, especially the N64 controller which is my favourite :)

Edited by Ellmeister

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made some more earrings. In retrospect, it might have been smarter to take pictures before glazing them. So much glare. :sad:

Earringsandglareeverywhere.jpg

Xbox controller

What.

You never properly posted the finished design after asking people for suggestions, Dan. :heh:

Lovely as always Ham man, big fan of that style.

You never properly posted the finished design after asking people for suggestions, Dan. :heh:

Ha a good point! Will post the finished thing back in the other thread when I get a minute

No-ones posted to say how good your drawings are Dan so I thought I'd make sure you feel appreciated! I usually just let someone else say well done :p

They all look pretty creative and well designed, especially the N64 controller which is my favourite :)

Cheers pal!!

I wasn't happy with it, and it is very hard to promote something you don't want people seeing.

DARK takes most of the elements of Qinc and I think... injects it with a heavy dose of actual plot. When I explain Qinc to someone, I talk about how it is a commentary on the religious wars happening between the Catholic Church and other religions and how it is very hard to see a side which is good or bad.

Which I realise that after about 60 pages, nobody could see that was clear. Things were ABOUT to start up... but they didn't.

DARK is essentially Qinc v.2 but with more semi-autobiographical elements and a more consistent design and story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's amazing @Magnus!

Have you made that for someone to sell at a high price [stranger], or just for you?

@Hamishmash, some great artwork there for your end of year show.

Also what site did you use to create your website? Or can you recommend any?

I'd like to put one together to put my Landscape Architecture work on from Uni, and then also either a seperate website I'd link to for photography, or have it as a subsection of the same website.

I made a Pokémon chess set:

Pokmonchessset1.jpg

Pokmonchessset2.jpg

Pokmonchessset3.jpg

You can see pictures of the individual pieces here.

Nice pieces.

What progress did you go through to decide on the pieces? I can see the horses work with knights, but the pawns? Little baby pokémon and stuff. It's cool though! Well done on making the matching pieces look the same. :)

Hamishmash, some great artwork there for your end of year show.

Also what site did you use to create your website? Or can you recommend any?

I'd like to put one together to put my Landscape Architecture work on from Uni, and then also either a seperate website I'd link to for photography, or have it as a subsection of the same website.

Thanks!

My site is made through cargo collective. It's kind of fancy, kind of up its own arse, and while you can use it for free (if you send them an email of permission, showing some of your work) I had to pay to make mine look this fancy. I'm quite happy with it though, and now I'm getting clients, its paid itself off now.

Nice pieces.

What progress did you go through to decide on the pieces? I can see the horses work with knights, but the pawns? Little baby pokémon and stuff. It's cool though! Well done on making the matching pieces look the same. :)

For the pawns, I just looked for unevolved Pokémon that I thought looked cute or funny and that weren't too big, and tried to spread them out evenly through the different generations. :smile:

Everything else was pretty obvious, except the rooks, where I finally just went, "ugh, fine, I'll just make rooks and put legendaries on top of them!"

external_zky.png

This is not actually that impressive, but I'm pleased because it's the first time I used the pen tool to draw something in PS. I always thought vector drawings were done by Pen (tool)-wielding wizards because of the weird curvy line thing it produces, but I have mastered it!

It's a thing from The External World by david oreilly.