Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

Well it's never too late to start doing it again. ^____^

Edit: Didn't see Paj's post before I wrote this. But Paj, I think it looks good! It's a bit hard to comment from this picture though, but it looks nice to me. Just needs some more fleshy colour, but you're already doing that I guess. Love her hand. =)

Your drawing class seems so much more interesting than the one we have, heh. We don't really do anything big (not that I mind, I hate my drawing class X3 ).

Though, right now we have a project to work on, and I'll be doing an animation of drawings. I just need to find a "story" that depicts a movement, either from an animal or a human being. Can't really think of a nice movement though...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did another drawing today, yay! Had the sketch laying around for ages, finally got around to finishing it. Actually planned on getting a bit more colour in this, but the final result is a lot more... sepia like (even though I also used red and yellow ink). Maybe the texture is a bit too much though... Hmmm.

musicislife1.jpg

Damnit woman, I want that as a poster too.

I love all your work, it's always so innocent and peaceful, no bad guys! :yay:

Damnit woman, I want that as a poster too.

I love all your work, it's always so innocent and peaceful, no bad guys! :yay:

Hahaha. X3

And yes, that is like, my motto! Sort of. No bad stuff in my drawings, as the world is bad enough as it is. I just want to bring out some more smiles with my work, hopefully. ^____^

I know I've told you this already, but that picture is my favourite one by you so far, Ine. :)

Haha, I love eeet. You've got style. :)

*rubs eyes for tiredness*

=)

• 3 weeks later...

lol random...

Can anyone compare a before and after for me? And promptly (as im running behind with this)

This is the before:

1030276lf1.jpg

And the couple wanted it landscape so obviously I had to fictionalise a load of stuff. Plus there was a fence behind them so I had to cover that up.

coupletestio3.jpg

Obviously im not going to claim it to be the best photoshopping ever but does it look okay, not too arteficial?

Thanks people.

-edit-

Looking at it myself; grass is a bit samey. Needs to be bought to life. And I know the edging between tree/grass is a bit off but edging has never been my thing.

Also imageshack seems to have shrunk the images which isn't really a problem with the first but heres the second in full (will have to download it) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQN6U0L8

I think you did a pretty nice job, especially on the parts where the grass goes over into the trees and stuff (as I imagine that would be hard to do).

However, there's some parts in the grass where the same "thing" is repeated again and again, which gives away that it's a Photoshop job. Maybe just work on that a tiny bit? You can use the clone stamp and clone from anywhere, doesn't have to be from exactly right next to where you are going to clone to. =)

I think you did a pretty nice job, especially on the parts where the grass goes over into the trees and stuff (as I imagine that would be hard to do).

However, there's some parts in the grass where the same "thing" is repeated again and again, which gives away that it's a Photoshop job. Maybe just work on that a tiny bit? You can use the clone stamp and clone from anywhere, doesn't have to be from exactly right next to where you are going to clone to. =)

Hehe I know. Was just about to work on that now with some grass from other images. I think the problem with the original was there was so little 'suitable' grass I unintentionally ended up using the same bit.

Thanks for your feedback everyone, much appreciated :D

aaand a bit more variety:

1ilrit.jpg

...although still not much. Frak. Will work on it again tomorrow.

Indeed looks a lot better Ashley!

There's just one part that still kinda bothers me, which I circled in red.

1ilrit.jpg

There's like, a small black part that gets repeated a couple of times. Yes, I'm annoying like that. =P

But looks a lot better already. =D

Looks nice Paj, I especially like the colours in the first one (it all fits nicely together). Though oil paints in a sketch book? Don't they take days to dry? =O

Well I only used them cause I had loads left on my pallette from the night before. In general, they tend to look better than acrylics (with me, anyway), so I decided to try it out.

I think I just left it overnight, and I did dry it under a dryer for a while too. Pretty thin coating too.

Thanks!

Wow those are both fantastic. As Eenuh said, fantastic colouring. Wonderful stuff.

(inspired by The Virgin Suicides or was that just lying around?)

Thanks! How sharp-eyed of you! Nah, these were done a while back, I just got the DVD/watched it yesterday night, and so it was just lying around.

But I guess I'm looking at the relationship between humanity and deity etc...could loosely tie into The Virgin Suicides...:blank:

:heh:

I like it, reminds me of one of those visualiser things on WMP.

Another before and after. Just to partially show off (its not brilliant and im sure others could do better but it was a right faff and im pleased with it).

deljt4.jpg

mh38jq.jpg

(and yeah the bits around the lights need fixing but the child was a bigger problem)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!