NEurope
Emasher

General Gallery

Thanks. :)

tumblr_lybv8i5pNy1r5ejtko1_500.jpg

Part 1 in my Grimm’s Fairy Tales collection.

I’ll be designing a cover for a new edition soon, but I want to explore the characters first… the magical fairy tale worlds that are ingrained in the minds of so many children… and adults still to afraid to go into the woods.

How are these done - looks part digital but the watercolour effect looks physical - half and half? is the watercolour a texture? Looks lovely in any case!

I'd really like to know if people like this style, as I'm thinking of pressing on with it.

Basically, it starts out drawn with pencil, rubbed out, pencilled in again sharper.

I then scan that in in "black and white", so it more or less looks like pen (I might try not doing that next time, and scan it in greyscale).

Then I paint the colours I want. I'm really not very good at painting, but I use watercolour. But I just paint vague shapes on blank paper. I scanned this in.

24vsnrr.png

And then I just photoshop it to buggery. I use my painted textures to fill in my pencil work, and use paint-like photoshop brushes to give it some more shading and depth...

I can't really tell if it's any good. Took just over an hour, but I think my next ones won't take so long.

Ah, great idea of doing the colours separately! I always mess up my drawings when trying to use colour haha. Especially watercolours as I find them so tedious to work with, can't be bothered to put on layer after layer. =P

I love the result, best style you've done I think. Please continue.

Also I'm jealous at how quick you seem to draw. Just over an hour? This would've taken me a dayyyyy! =P

Attempting to vent through soft pastels (I hate them and can't use them, but there were no oil pastels around) and ink. I have nothing to say about this. BLEHHHH:

eyescream_by_yamitoyume-d4oq7ag.jpg

How do I get my own toothless?! :heart:

If you want you can make me an offer and give me your address and I'll send you this one. :smile:

Unless you're asking how to get a real one, in which case I don't have the heart to crush your dreams.

If you want you can make me an offer and give me your address and I'll send you this one. :smile:

Unless you're asking how to get a real one, in which case I don't have the heart to crush your dreams.

Offers? I know not what these things cost. :hmm:

Offers? I know not what these things cost. :hmm:

I don't know what a reasonable price is, either! You can just pay whatever you think it's worth. :p

How much do they cost you to make and how long do they take? Why don't you set up an online/etsy store to sell them? I reckon you'd get a fair bit for them. And you could always do commissions. Would give you a bit of motivation to do them and bring in a bit of cash on the side.

Just a thought anyway. If I had a saleable talent I'd be pimping it out. But I am greedy.

Well, you could always pimp yourself out. Now there's something that would be awkward to price.

The clay isn't very expensive for small things like this, but it's putting a price on my time that I find awkward. Especially since I work so slowly. :heh:

I've been thinking of doing the Etsy thing, but I'm worried no one would want to buy anything. Plus I'd have to price things! Ah, I should do it, though.

Well, you could always pimp yourself out. Now there's something that would be awkward to price.

No I'm pretty cheap actually.

Went to the National Gallery of Ireland today. Was kind of disappointing as the shop was closed for stocktaking (are they really that busy?), and about 70% of the gallery is closed due to renovations. Still, I got my fill of Jack B. Yeats and that scary/glorious painting of Judas betraying Christ (I never remember the name). Here are some sketches I made! The gallery really isn't big enough to comfortably sit and sketch (or even look). Also the staff talking loudly kind of ruins the overall ambiance, but still.

nationalgallery.jpg

Obviously when I said I'd take better pictures of these, I just meant I'd take more pictures.

XenobladeChroniclescharactersminusone.jpg

XenobladeChroniclescharactersthesecretone.jpg

XenobladeChroniclescharactersgroupshot.jpg

Tweetyearrings.jpg

Tweetymagnet.jpg

I have an aunt who really loves Tweety Bird, okay?

I'm kind of annoyed by how the earrings turned out now that I'm looking at them, but they were so annoying to make that I don't want to make another pair AAAAAH.

How the heck do you make the flat ones?!

Well, at the risk of ruining the mystery... :p

First I print a picture off the internet.

Then I cut it into pieces based on blocks of color (so Tweety would be one piece for the head and body, and one piece for each leg).

Then I flatten some clay and use the pieces I just cut out as stencils to cut around.

After that, I add the outline around the character.

Then I add little details like eyes and things like that (it helps to have made stencils for those, as well).

And lastly, I add the outline inside the character.

Basically, the answers is stencils, and lots of them! Which is ironic, because I hate molds. :blank:

Some 3am sketchings & drawings to combat my lack of creativity as of late.

tumblr_m0hv9dQUye1r7yxago1_500.png

tumblr_m0hve570xT1r7yxago1_500.png

tumblr_m0hwksu46p1r7yxag

Edited by Frank

To cut a long story short, I need to do a design for Little White Lies about the film Super 8.

Opinions?

tumblr_m0jdjlJ4G81qaczz9o1_500.png