Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

Eenuh that pastel work is incredible.

And it's probably just my dirty mind but I don't like the way the queen is holding that flamingo. Damn you plufim, now I'm seeing softcore hentai in everything.

Haha, I think that's just your own dirty mind yes. =P

But thank you!

That is amazing!

What is a commision? You get paid for it?

Yep, a commission is when someone requests a drawing and pay me to make it for them. =)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o,0 How many hours did it take you and how much are you getting?

Don't know the exact time it took me, but with the sketching included, it took me quite a few hours (more than 6 for sure, if not more).

I asked for a set price though (not based on the time), which I got before I made the drawing (but after showing the sketch). Got $35 plus $10 for shipping to the US (even though that ended up costing more).

• 2 weeks later...
What ink do you use? I used Quink Ink (however it's spelt), to get the flame-coloured effect in the past, but it didn't work when I used bog-standard ink.

I like the first one a lot.

I use Pelikan! I've not tried Quink, but my mates use it - the effects are seemingly the same. I've also tried permanent inks and coloured inks, but it isn't as nice an effect and ordinary Pelikan :smile:

I use Pelikan! I've not tried Quink, but my mates use it - the effects are seemingly the same. I've also tried permanent inks and coloured inks, but it isn't as nice an effect and ordinary Pelikan :smile:

Coolio Mendez. I'll probs buy some at some point. I laughingly bought mauve textile/material spray paint, on the spur of the moment. I want to just buy a whle load of stuff to make pieces more interesting.

Been trying to get back into my drawings and have started using Photoshop as well to smooth things out/add come colour...

Merlin-1.jpg

MerlinColour.jpg

This is the first time I've ever gone on to edit a drawing of mine on the computer. I'm pleased with the way the first one turned out, but I'm not really happy with the horses mane on the second, but then practice makes perfect!

Edit: Gah, Photobucket has fucked up the colours on the second one, god knows why its done that!

Been trying to get back into my drawings and have started using Photoshop as well to smooth things out/add come colour...

Merlin-1.jpg

MerlinColour.jpg

This is the first time I've ever gone on to edit a drawing of mine on the computer. I'm pleased with the way the first one turned out, but I'm not really happy with the horses mane on the second, but then practice makes perfect!

Edit: Gah, Photobucket has fucked up the colours on the second one, god knows why its done that!

Like the first one, can you post a pic of the original drawing?

I'd be interested in that too.

The first one you did in Photoshop looks quite nice, though I'm not a fan of the smudge tool really, makes things look a bit "cheap".

I like the pencil sketch, though it's a tiny bit light. Maybe try working with some softer pencils, like a 2B or even 4B? Using pencils with a different softness can give your drawing a lot more depth. =)

The first one you did in Photoshop looks quite nice, though I'm not a fan of the smudge tool really, makes things look a bit "cheap".

I like the pencil sketch, though it's a tiny bit light. Maybe try working with some softer pencils, like a 2B or even 4B? Using pencils with a different softness can give your drawing a lot more depth. =)

I did use softer pencils, I think I went up to a 4B. It seems to be lighter in the scan than it is in my sketch book, dunno why!

I did use softer pencils, I think I went up to a 4B. It seems to be lighter in the scan than it is in my sketch book, dunno why!

Well scanners can do funny things with drawings. But since you have Photoshop anyway, you can change the levels of the drawing. Just go to Image>Adjustments>Levels and start fiddling with the settings. Basically, move the left arrow a bit to the right and the right arrow a bit to the left until the drawing looks better. At least that's what I do if the scan didn't turn out very good. =)

Well scanners can do funny things with drawings. But since you have Photoshop anyway, you can change the levels of the drawing. Just go to Image>Adjustments>Levels and start fiddling with the settings. Basically, move the left arrow a bit to the right and the right arrow a bit to the left until the drawing looks better. At least that's what I do if the scan didn't turn out very good. =)

Yeah that's what I was doing with the image i smoothed, couldn't be bothered with the sketch though since it was just a quick scan so you guys could see it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!