NEurope
Hellfire

Ghost Squad Wii

Well I'm No. 1, Hawke is another pseudonym of mine. I intend to go back and get No. 3 in the world but with Fire Emblem coming out, I can't see myself doing that anytime soon.

It's better if you're a Marshal and have the reticule off! How else did I get such a high score? As for mission levels, level 8 for 1, level 4 for 2, and level 6 for 8 are the best. Make sure you get all 5 SUCCESSes in missions 1 and 3 that includes the H2H bits. Actually, there is so much to tell you, I don't have the time currently. I've recently set up a clan at officialnintendomagazine.co.uk (still can't post urls) in the Nintendo Online Gaming thread. It's for ALL online Wii games, including Ghost Squad.

Drop me a PM if you any questions, either about a game you might be stuck on or about the clan :) .

Thanks for the tips, I had already cottoned on to the 'successes', however on mission 3 it's hard because the hand to hand in the hideout is luck as to whether it comes up. I usually assault the base, do the thermo vision, do whatever comes up in the hideout, move into the jungle for the knife fight, clear the mines then the rest is just what fixed.

Argh, I must be weak!

Since no store could confirm the release of the standalone game anytime soon, I went and bought the Action Pack. I bow my head in shame, I do.

Still, atleast I got the game! :yay:

And trust be told, that Squad Gun isn't too shabby at all! I was premature in calling it a cheap Wii-zapper ripp-off. The nunchuck is quite steady and the trigger responsive.

Still, I don't use it much at all, since I picked up one of these:

0251890.jpg

The BigBen Shoot Active Gun!

Can't say how it stackes up against Nyko's Perfect Shot, but I'm happy as can be! This is way better than playing Umbrella Chronicles or Ghost Squad with that large Zapper! The nunchuk can be connected at the bottom of the grip. There is a security so that your Wii-remote won't fall out of it while in a frantic game of GS. The only gripe I thought I would be having, was that the trigger only only registers when it 'clicks' when you press it all the way back, so you have to pull the trigger all the way back, or never really release the trigger completely. (Hmmm, that sentence is badly written...) But strangely, I haven't found that an issue at all! As a matter a fact, I forgot all about it once I played with it. I only remember it now because I was thinking of possible gripes.

Now, if you'd excuse me, there are some terrorists that need adressing to.

So you now have two guns to choose from? Some of the weapons you'll unlock are rifles and some are handguns, so if you wanted a completely immersive experience, you could switch between the Squad Gun and BigBen! ;)

Zechs, ephidel, which in-game gun do you use for your high scores?

So you now have two guns to choose from? Some of the weapons you'll unlock are rifles and some are handguns, so if you wanted a completely immersive experience, you could switch between the Squad Gun and BigBen!

True!

Not to mention dualwielding with HotD 2 & 3! :wink:

So you now have two guns to choose from? Some of the weapons you'll unlock are rifles and some are handguns, so if you wanted a completely immersive experience, you could switch between the Squad Gun and BigBen! ;)

Zechs, ephidel, which in-game gun do you use for your high scores?

Awww, if I told you that you'd be cheating!

Oh well, I use the XMW21. Level 99 isn't easy to reach either, it's very boring.

It's better if you're a Marshal and have the reticule off! How else did I get such a high score?
Awww, if I told you that you'd be cheating!

Haha, so gun selection is where you draw the line, huh? Oh well, I'll stick with my Guardian II for now then. ;)

Level 99 isn't easy to reach either, it's very boring.

I'm on level 51 at the moment. Now that the unlockables drop off a bit, I'm not sure if I can be bothered getting higher.

It's funny beause playing with the aiming reticule doesn't actually boost your accuracy score, it boosts the enemies cleared score at the bottom. The max you get for that with the reticule on in 10,000, but with out it I've seen it rise to 30,000.

The decision to whether to play with it on or off seems to be whether the bonus of 20,000 on enemies cleared outweighs the bonus on accuracy that you lose when you turn the reticule off.

I play with the shotgun as you can juggle enemies and get 'double down' a lot. The only tough thing is hostage situations. I didn't score as highly with the level 99 gun, which was disappointing, so more tips please lol!

Should be getting a Wii this weekend, this will be one of the games i buy.

My question: What is the best gun shell?

I'd be looking for something that has a bit of weight to it, not some flimsy piece of plastic. An assault rifle is preferable, but if there aren't any good ones then a handgun will do fine.

Does the shell make it easier for high scores? I might pick one up one day, probably the Link's bundle. I'm up to 3rd in the UK and 23rd in the world now, and am still trying!

I asked in the House of the Dead thread about it having online leaderboards, I can't find any info on that but I hope it does.

Should be getting a Wii this weekend, this will be one of the games i buy.

My question: What is the best gun shell?

I'd be looking for something that has a bit of weight to it, not some flimsy piece of plastic. An assault rifle is preferable, but if there aren't any good ones then a handgun will do fine.

The Wii Zapper, especially for arcade games like Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2&3. Adds a bit of weight, feels firm and a lot more accurate than the Wii Remote on its own... just don't play it with Link's Crossbow Training.

Check out my review, I talk a bit about the Zapper in it.

Well as it's really hard to find the Zapper or Perfect Shot im gonna leave it for now. I'll try the game out with the naked remote for a while, then probably pick up both shells

bump :)

Found this in Asda the other day for £15, and me and my girlfriend have been loving it. Although it's annoying cause she's always beating me on the score, because she's shooting all the guys on my side of the screen.

I couldn't see myself picking this up for full price or £30 and still enjoying it as much, but for this price it's more than worth it.

They also had NiGHTS in there for £15 too, so may pick that up soon aswell.

Cool. It's good fun with a second player, and they don't need to know anything other than 'Aim, shoot and reload'.

It's one of those games I keep meaning to come back to. Getting to Level 99 would be my aim.

I know Argos are doing this and House of the Dead together for £34.99 with a free 'gun' (though it looks a bit dodgy!) ..and I have been a little tempted to go with both. GAME had them both in Buy One Get One Free too for £29.99 so if I was to take the plunge it would be there probably!

Anyway, mainly just came into the thread to say that this game was in New Tricks tonight on BBC1.. a nice touch :heh: