NEurope
Hellfire

Ghost Squad Wii

Do Play-Asia just sell the zapper on it's own?

I want two zappers, but not two Links Crossbow training...or techinally thats just free with the zapper isn't it?

DiemetriX yeah Japanese Wii. Owen Nintendo have not released the Zapper on its own yet. Pretty sure they will soon though as people will wanna play multi-player.

Thats short. Very short. Lets hope the price is dropped to £19.99!

It is short, but ultimately that's what you expect with ports of arcade games. However, I think due to that and the outdated technology it should be a cheap one. Especially as the price of Link's Crossbow Training is so nice.

Can anyone give an educated guess on how many copies they have to sell of this game for it to be a success?

The game probably didn't cost that much to develop, and if It sell well We will most likely see a whole lot of Light gun games form Sega and other companies

(Virtual cop, House of the dead, Time crisis <3)

Can anyone give an educated guess on how many copies they have to sell of this game for it to be a success?

The game probably didn't cost that much to develop, and if It sell well We will most likely see a whole lot of Light gun games form Sega and other companies

(Virtual cop, House of the dead, Time crisis <3)

What's a success? Well, for the game to break even it probably needs to sell next to nothing. Ports cost almost zero, so the game will make a profit, guarenteed.

However, you're asking what would convince companies to bring more light gun games to the console. Well the genre has never traditionally been a big seller, mainly because they'd have to be bundled with a light gun. Now that obstical is out the way it's bound to happen more.

I'd say 250k worldwide would let people know theres a good market there, 350k will guarentee some more and anything above 500k worldwide means we'll have tons more of the games.

suprised as got it today. 4 day shipping with normal airmail!

will play once i get home so will try be back tonight with impressions.

update... game is damn cool with the zapper. graphics are not great but it is real fun game!!

2004298334599524920_fs.jpg

update... game is damn cool with the zapper. graphics are not great but it is real fun game!!

damn thats a sweet looking bundle... hope we get that here as well...

wow, very nice bundle indeed.

Is the Wi-Fi just for leaderboards? Co-op online would of been cool.

Yeah just Leaderboards. wish they would of included co-op. Some of the top scores are crazy. now idea how people scoring so high.

Yeah just Leaderboards. wish they would of included co-op. Some of the top scores are crazy. now idea how people scoring so high.
<--- take note Nintendo

So whats the zapper like?

feels great and very natural. the sensitivity on ghost squad is spot on! i have not bothered changing settings.

<--- take note Nintendo

But it wasn't Nintendo that made Ghost Squad... Unless you mean something else.

25th January 2008 for Europe. I swear these release-dates aren't getting any better! :indeed:

Something for the new year i suppose, but why is Europe only getting these delays?

25th January 2008 for Europe. I swear these release-dates aren't getting any better! :indeed:

Something for the new year i suppose, but why is Europe only getting these delays?

I suppose it makes business sense, I mean why release your game when there aint enough consoles to go around.

I suppose it makes business sense, I mean why release your game when there aint enough consoles to go around.

True, but there are quite a few people with Wiis in the UK now, and Ghost Squad isn't exactly a million seller is it?

Perhaps i'm being a bit too harsh, but i think Europe really have started to get behind in the game releases, espicially the ones which have been released in America like a month already and we have to wait till 08.

I wouldn't mind, but it's obvious that Nintendo will hold back Wii Fit, Mario Kart and Brawl because of the delayed Third-party/First-Party games.

Cause Software sales in December are going to be much much larger then those in Janaury.

It is all just a result of these companies being caught off guard to the Wii's success - still. They started making the games early 2007 and were rushing to get them out before xmas in the USA, I guess they just don't have time to translate most of them.

I'll get this game if it's £19.99 RRP, any more and it's just injust. Saying that, if HotD 2 & 3 are going to be coming out a month later then I'll just wait for them.

damn, i was shocked to see the release date being pushed back. It was really on top of my list along with RE:UC and SMG. Europe is getting a delay after delay.

First SSBB, Z&W, now Ghost Squad. There's not much left, huh? To me personally, I still have enough to get and play. I mean, RE:UC has yet to arrive. Still gotta buy SMG, MP3 and SPM. I guess I'll have more time to explore titles like MOHH2 and Mario & Sonic.

January is shaping up to be quite a nice month though. :)

Personally I like these delays, there's so many good games out, I don;t want to have to leave things on the shelves! Also, I feel a game like Ghost Squad, if released at the right time of year and at the right price would stand out and do a lot of business, however release it in the Christmas rush and you'll have a another story altogether.

Not surprising at all. One thing Sega suck at is to bring arcade games to home consoles.

That the visuals were crap was clear right from the start, and that Sega didn't at least tripple the ammount of levels is just stupid.

damn, i was shocked to see the release date being pushed back. It was really on top of my list along with RE:UC and SMG. Europe is getting a delay after delay.

First SSBB, Z&W, now Ghost Squad. There's not much left, huh? To me personally, I still have enough to get and play. I mean, RE:UC has yet to arrive. Still gotta buy SMG, MP3 and SPM. I guess I'll have more time to explore titles like MOHH2 and Mario & Sonic.

January is shaping up to be quite a nice month though. :)

Sorry dude but Medal Of Honour is now out Feb 8th in Europe, it's getting a complete joke!