N-Europe

Football Season 05/06

Eddage

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbed, down right robbed. Cheating scum bags Barcelona. I mean come on pass the parcel went on long enough, cheating tactics all the way through.

gahahaha dont be a moron. if it was still 1-0 Arsenal don't deny they wouldnt have been doing the same thing. Besides it was never a freekick for the Arsenal goal.

A bit of a mixed bag really... I think wrong decisions went both ways, some major, some minor. So in that sense it's no different from prem games we see every week.

It's probably easier to find games where everyone comes out happy with a refree. Bearing that in mind, this game was no more, no less than usual.

Being a Chelsea fan, I know how it feels to go down to 10 men against Barca, go one up and then lose 2-1 with the ref against you!

But there's still no denying it, Barca deserved to win!

even tho i didnt want arsenal to win, from a neautral position they didnt deserve to win. they were moaning at each other and not acting like a team.

We didn't deserve to win??? Why don't you try playing with 10 men against the best team in Europe......I thought we played well enough considering what happened. Firstly we got the goal (which was superb Sol:awesome: ), hung onto the lead for the majority of the game and only toward the end of the match, started to tire slightly (not hard to imagine with 10 men), thus resulting in the two quick barca goals.

And what a stupid excuse for the gooners not deserving to win.....oooh "they were moaning at each other" OMG!!!!.......they aren't perfect angels or anything...its natural...things weren't going our way and its a bloody cup final.

We didn't deserve to win??? Why don't you try playing with 10 men against the best team in Europe......I thought we played well enough considering what happened. Firstly we got the goal (which was superb Sol:awesome: ), hung onto the lead for the majority of the game and only toward the end of the match, started to tire slightly (not hard to imagine with 10 men), thus resulting in the two quick barca goals.

And what a stupid excuse for the gooners not deserving to win.....oooh "they were moaning at each other" OMG!!!!.......they aren't perfect angels or anything...its natural...things weren't going our way and its a bloody cup final.

cmon, at the time of crisis you should stick together.

or maybe you should stop whining and accept the fact that the better team won?

Henry complaining about the ref is a laugh because the free-kick Arsenal scored from was never a foul

Eto'o was level when Larsson touched the ball onto him

gratz to Barca and Henke, and 'mon the Hoops, Celtic now go straight into pot 2 for next years group stages :)

Yeh maybe our players should have been bumming each other when Balletti scored the 2nd goal........:indeed:

So becuase you lost your reverting to the homosexual jokes?

Fair score - Lehmann had to go, and tbh - I would have allowed the goal to stay. Eboue dived - thus Arsenal's goal shouldn't have happened. The ref was alright in my opnion - very little to contest about.

Arsenal lost fair and square.

I agree that 10 men arsenal did surprisingly well against 11 men barcelona. They are both top class teams and 1 man would make all the difference (which it did in the end), but considering that handicap arsenal still played put up an even fight generally.

Going down to 10 men in itself is nothing glorious or credit to arsenal, however. It was a foul play by Lehmann and as a team arsenal are responsible for it.

About that video 10 german bombers, hilarious!! now that catchy tune is going around in my head I won't be able to sleep tonight :hmm:

the thing is, even if the goal was allowed and left lehmann on, arsenal still would of lost.

Who is to say how the match would pan out had he not been sent off.

I think certain Arsenal players didn't rise to the ocassion, the ref got decisions for both teams wrong. We were never going to win by sitting back for 60 odd minutes.