NEurope
Retro_Link

Pro Evo 7 Wii?

Trust me, Links 2004 is awesome. :) I don't have it any more, but when I did, I used to play the career mode for 6 hours a day at one point.

Sebass do need to freshen Winning Eleven up. I more bothered about the 360/PS3 version of Winning Eleven 11 rather than the Wii Version too be honest. The Wii version will probably be using the same engine as the PS2 version so I doubt I will buy it. I have bought every Winning Eleven game since WE6FE on the GC andthe series is getting stale as Sebass have been using the same engine for the last 3 years.

Master League is boring and the CPU cheats. The A.I is predictable, the GK's are still very poor.

Seabass have got lazy and things need too change! even the so called next-gen 360 version was BS. there was nothing next gen about it. honestly WE11 better be totally next gen or I will probably give up on the series.

As for Tiger Woods being a better sport game. no fcuking way!! Tiger Woods is not realistic at all. any golf game that lets you boost power or use spin after you have hit the ball is silly!!

I expect that in Mario Golf yeah but not Tiger's.. and yeah Links 2004 was awesome!!

I don't think I need to say anything here. The fact the thread has 30 posts in just a few hours reflects my sentiments perfectly :D

The Pro Evo games are far from perfect, imo. They've clearly got a lot to work on, probably with improving the realism of goalkeepers, the actual pace of the game (sometimes the pitch seems far too big for my liking), and the fucking godawful commentary.

But, I would be very pleased to see a Pro Evo on the Wii.

What they need to do is to give the player 360 degrees of movement, and not make it so the CPU controls so much of the game. As it is now, it's just a decent game.

The Pro Evo games are far from perfect, imo. They've clearly got a lot to work on, probably with improving the realism of goalkeepers, the actual pace of the game (sometimes the pitch seems far too big for my liking), and the fucking godawful commentary.

But, I would be very pleased to see a Pro Evo on the Wii.

The english commentary sucks! the Japanese Commentary rules.. :)

I used to import the game from Japan myself. I had WE7, WE7 Int, WE 8, WE 8 LWE, WE 9, and WE10. The commentary kicked ass. I don't bother with the game at all these days though. Not even the PES versions.

This would make Wii complete. If this one gets released, Wii can die a happy console.

i really dislike most sport games. Virtua tennis 2 however i loved and i also love mario power tennis. I also like wwe games if thats included but probably not

I love Pro Evo and the only game I play the 360 for :)

Wii pro evo has the danger of fucking the game up, but with serious thought could be the difinitive version. A bit of me wants them to play safe so we know it'll be awesome, but then throwins, gesture shooting and passing, on the flyer tactics with the dpad - all sounds incredible to me.

And nando I LOVE your corner idea!!

What they need to do is to give the player 360 degrees of movement, and not make it so the CPU controls so much of the game. As it is now, it's just a decent game.

I know what your trying to say, but the way you are putting it is wrong. If the CPU doesn't control the game, what the hell will. I do think the game should be more skill based though.

I know what your trying to say, but the way you are putting it is wrong. If the CPU doesn't control the game, what the hell will. I do think the game should be more skill based though.

Yeah I see what he is trying to say aswell, we don't want it like Virtua Striker, where the computer did all the runs for you, and decided if it was a through ball or not and planted every cross of a strikers head...

I think you will have to strap the wii mote's to ur ankles and one ur head and go in to first person mode and select one player from ur team, so i'd take Ronaldo from United and you have to pull those tricks he does and end up looking like an ass infront of everyone! :bouncy: want ideas that will make u look stupid? just send me a PM :grin:

My main concern about getting thw Wii over the other consoles was it's lack of Pro, so this news has me all tingly inside, and a little fearful (DS version :shakehead:cry: )

As long as the controls are solid and it has online. SOLD.

Yeah, this'll be pretty much a given for me too... and by solid controls I mean solid motion controls... of some sort, kinda like what me and Nando were talking about.

Yeh.. on the control side of things, I feel if we were getting Pro Evo with a normal controller, we'd know what we're getting and sure, that would be cool. But with the Wii, there are many types of games where we just don't know what developers are gonna do with the controls. In my opinion, this could make Pro for the Wii even more exciting as, to be honest, I wasn't entirely sure how a serious football game would work.

The more thought I put into it, the more I can see the experience of really cool new controls maybe even enhancing the game. Football games (in particular) have become totally predictable- shoulder button to run, A to pass, B to shoot etc in practical every single version (whether it be FIFA or Winning Eleven, ISS..)

At least the Wii has got us thinking (well.. me anyway) about new ways to play. Bring on new controls I say : peace:

The CPU controls every single pass, header, tackle, and shot that you make. I'd like to have complete control over those things. Don't get me started on the off ball movement as well. It is just plain out broken.

The CPU controls every single pass, header, tackle, and shot that you make. I'd like to have complete control over those things. Don't get me started on the off ball movement as well. It is just plain out broken.

Imagine drawing a path for other (computer-controlled) players mid-play.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't fuck with the controls. Classic Controller.

I agree. I think weird controls in this kind of game would be merely gimmicks.

Also, FIFA will be a definite for next season, with nearly 7 million Wii's shipped to the PS3s 3 million, the Wii looks to be an increasingly good bet for developers, especially as the development costs are far lower. I think by Christmas the Wii will have outsold the 360 too leaving it as market leader.

Imagine drawing a path for other (computer-controlled) players mid-play.

Can you elaborate more? I'm not sure what you mean.

Off the ball movement. The pointer could be used to highlight an off the ball player by pointing at him and holding C, you could then move the selected player independantly to the player you're controlling with the analogue stick, by "dragging" him with the pointer while holding C

Can you elaborate more? I'm not sure what you mean.

Think he means something like that.

As a huge football fan and also a fan of Pro Evo, I really believe that all Konami need to do is make sure its online. Any kind of control alterations will just mess with the flow of the game.

Wii has many strengths but I hope developers don't feel they need to add gimmicky controls to games that don't need them.

In my opinion Pro Evo is good as it, ok maybe the AI needs improving a little bit, but the controls are spot on perfect.