Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Emotional Songs

spirited away

I was just thinking about songs that evoke powerful emotions when I listen to them, and was wondering which songs do that to you.

Be it sadness, adrenalin, hope, happiness, yadda yadda (wright next to each one, and perhaps give a link to the song so others can listen if they want.)

(If this is a crappy idea for a thread, just say,:heh: .)

First off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRsRTTp1Pw - Kamakawiwo ole somewhere over the rainbow - This song makes me feel really hopeful/reflective and at the same time sparks a little sadness. The most Beautiful song imo.

- Hallelujah - Rufus wainwright - another beautiful song (i'm in a soppy mood). Makes me feel kinda sad, and altough i'm not a religious man, the lyrics mean something.

it just makes me happy! having a pretty sucky time at the mo with family arguments and stuff so been surrounding myself with happy things! happy films, tv, BOYFRIEND ( cant forget him) and burrying myself in school work...

i even did a presentation on jamesbond music and made sure i had a slide on that song!

Gives quite an adrenalin rush.:smile:

'Gone Away' by The Offspring.

beautiful song, and im sure i'm not that only person who's really been touched by it. It's helped me throughout some tough times and you can really feel the pain when Dexter Holland sings it (his girlfriend died in a car crash :( ).

I love t so much.

A lot of L'arc-en-ciel songs, My Dear makes me feel sad, Driver's High makes me feel awesome.

A lot of Jack Johnson songs can make me feel lots of different things, from sadness like "Crying Shame" to those that just make me feel really good, just lying around on a hot lazy Summer's day listening to Jack Johnson can be so soothing and relaxing - too many to name.

Josh Radin- Winter. I know most people will completely ignore this and continue reading like everyone does in every thread about songs, but I really urge you to give it a listen.

That's a beautiful song. :smile:

A lot of L'arc-en-ciel songs, My Dear makes me feel sad, Driver's High makes me feel awesome.

A lot of Jack Johnson songs can make me feel lots of different things, from sadness like "Crying Shanme" to those that just make me feel really good, just lying around on a hot lazy Summer's day listening to Jack Johnson can be so soothing and relaxing.

I Totally agree. Jack Johnson songs can make me drift of to sleep on hot summer days - in a good way. :heh:

- Hallelujah - Rufus wainwright - another beautiful song (i'm in a soppy mood). Makes me feel kinda sad, and altough i'm not a religious man, the lyrics mean something.

Jeff Buckley does that song so much better. (IMO of course).

I think 9 Crimes by Damien Rice is pretty depressing song, and there's something about Karma Police by Radiohead that always makes me want to listen to it, especially when I'm down.