NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Would you like a VC Board?

The problem is, when Nintendo start releasing original titles on the VC then all dicussions about them shouldn't be in the Retro board as they are brand new. I say create a VC board and then rename it once Nintendo give us details about how the Original Game download stuff will work to include discussion about VC games and the Original games.

Edit: While we're at it, create sub boards for Xbox and PlayStation in the Other Consoles board, there's a nice little community there.

Good point. I stick with the idea of a seperate board because retro does get some occassional peaks, and it's good for discussing past consoles and games. The Virtual Console board is different because it could also cater for Wii Channels and downloadable content.

Playstation and Xbox subforums are a good idea.

You aware the 'N' in N-Europe stands for Nintendo yeah? :grin:

Well i'm not sure. That all you need to know about vc thread is a little ridulous. i wish the retro board was more popular though. I am a retro fanatic.

You aware the 'N' in N-Europe stands for Nintendo yeah? :grin:

Hey whoa sorry... not that I own any other consoles than Nintendo, I just notice that there are plenty of others here who do.

Im more concerned with you resolving the VC Board matter, get rid of the Other Consoles bit all thegether for all I care! :heh:

Pop up a new board, then put a "BETA" sign on it for arguamental immunity.

if a vc board is made knowone will go to the retro board

i think you should re-name the retro board retro/vc [thesaurus]board[/thesaurus]

I agree with gaggle. Everything is in one place. I can check on VC updates and stuff then press back and be on the main wii page for general stuff. If there was threads about the games released I can imagine one of two getting buried with a couple of views and no reply.

I say start a new board. Renaming the Retro Gaming I think would be a big no no, as it means people wanting to talk other stuff will be find their threads swamped with all the individuals texts. But whereas with a VC Board we can easily have a thread for every new release that comes out to have it's own board, without it taking over too much, like it could in the retro thread, where people may want to discuss other old stuff that isn't on VC.

And Tellyn's fab VC Thread should be stickied at the top as the fountain of all knowledge.

I voted to merge it with the retro board, it just makes sense to me.

The only correct answer. :heh:

I think it should have its own board. There's a problem if the VC starts supporting new content from indie developers or whatever - that wouldn't be 'retro'.

Give VC its own board, I think it's vast enough that it both needs and deserves one.

VC as a sub-forum of the Wii forum makes the most sense.

1. The games are Wii games

2. Origional content will be released over VC in the future

3. The Retro board is for retro gaming, i.e. playing old games on old consoles. What little discussion that goes on in there doesnt want to be burried by VC titles and news

What advantages would merging with the Retro board really give?

I think the VC is major enough to warrant its own board. Hell i have way more VC games than Wii games as im sure alot of others do

I think it could do with it's own board. And why not get rid of the news board while you're at it?

A new board for the VC would be nice.

I normally don't look into the retro-board to talk about my (2) VC games and it would also make it easier to draw a line between which are VC games and just retro games.

why is the board still not here? it's clearly a winner amongst the common forumers, we just need some sort of mighty admin to go forth and create it!

Guys, there's never much going on in Retro. It makes the most sense to amalgamate the two.

Yes i now say Vc board just rename it. I already use the retro board as a vc board but whatever