NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
canocha

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

First pictures .. Wii version!

th_12458_55131520070405_224919_0_big_122_262lo.jpgth_12459_55131520070405_224919_1_big_122_203lo.jpgth_12464_55131520070405_224919_2_big_122_242lo.jpg

After the versions Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Electronic Arts reconsiders the front of the scene by revealing the first images of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Wii. Identique on the plan scenaristic to the various versions, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be dissociated on Wii by the use of the controller of the console at the time of certain sequences. Indeed, for the image of a magic wand, the player will be used of Wiimote in order to throw various fates with his many enemies. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is programmed for the summer on all the platforms

Looks decent... but WTH is wrong with all the fuziness and compression?!

This canocha guy is hilarious, "looks decent" haha. Worst one of the books, who can be bothered with the game?

Graphics look a bit shoddier than they should be, but I can't deny the appeal of being able to use the Wiimote as a wand! I will keep an eye on this, being an overage Potter fan ;):)

Everything looks nice in a 160x90 resolution.

But hey, don't go around dissing the family!

IGN Preview

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/779/779905p1.html

The Wii-specific controls for the game seem remarkably well put together. Once Harry's wand is drawn, the Wiimote can be used to directly control the spells you cast. Everything is handled through accelerometers; there is no pointing in the game whatsoever. Any of the game's spells can be cast quickly and easily, merely by a flick of the wrist. Thrust the Wiimote forward, and Harry will propel an object away from himself. Motion upward with both the Wiimote and nunchuk, and Harry will cause an object to levitate in the air.

Once you have an object floating, you can move the Wiimote around in 3D space to reposition it. This actually worked better than we had assumed it would, although it is not yet perfect. There are puzzles that require placing objects in specific places, which is somewhat irritating because of the inaccuracies involved in the motion controls. Despite this, it was a lot of fun to wave the Wiimote in the air and see Harry react in turn. Hopefully the spell system sees some refinement before the game's release because they were already enjoyable, even at this early state.

harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070411051204250.jpg

harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070411051203844.jpg

WTF is up with the screenies? They look as bad as the first Harry Potter game on the PS1!

This canocha guy is hilarious, "looks decent" haha. Worst one of the books, who can be bothered with the game?

or the film and yes it was the worst of the books.

I think it looks a lot better in the videos than in those pics, I'm actually looking forward to this (I love the books and I've always hated the video games, but this could be fun with the wand-waving and the big castle). I just fear this game is being dubbed in my country, like all the previous HP games.. :/

Dear lord you people have no notion of graphics. It looks like a PS1 game? lol

And don't you already that Wii screenshots always suck? There's something seriously wrong with screenshots on the SDKs.

WTF is up with the screenies? They look as bad as the first Harry Potter game on the PS1!

lol I have that game. Graphics look shit for being next-gen hmmm but Harry Potter does suck. Maybe if the movies came out faster...

I find this quite interesting... Normally it is Neogaf that bitches about Wii games graphics, but now it is complete opposite. They like graphics, Revo-Europe users bitch about them. You can't beat mob mentality, it seems. :)

why does this game look like good simple fun to me?!

After watching the video, I'm really psyched about this game. I am a Potter fan (at 25 no less), but even so, the gameplay looks brilliant - a proper use of the Wiimote for a change!

After watching the video, I'm really psyched about this game. I am a Potter fan (at 25 no less), but even so, the gameplay looks brilliant - a proper use of the Wiimote for a change!

I totally agree. This game seems really good if you remotely like Harry Potter!

The screenies are bad but in motion the game looks great. Together with what I heard about the controls, i have to admit i'm interested.

Yeah it does look good, surely this is the best version of the game!

I hope it sells loads on Wii, and seeing how many Harry Potter fans there are out there, even sell some consoles!

Sign in to follow this