NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
canocha

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I'm now half way through the game and really enjoying it. I found the remote action a bit clunky at first and I'm still having some issues with it if I'm honest. It's a lot easier now, probably because I've mastered the spells but it doesn't always react very quickly, which is a problem when you are battling with Malfoy or Crabbe and Goyle. Fortunately, this isn't a frequent occurrance and if you don't want to risk losing a fight you can just run around avoiding their spells whilst Ron and Hermione finish them off! Apart from that, using the remote as a wand is fun with wingardium leviosa probably the most useful spell in the game. Some of the tasks are a bit repetitive and boring but there are plenty of other things to do. There's a lot to collect in the game, which really adds to the main story and means that running from one end of Hogwarts to the other in order to undertake a task is not dull as there's plenty to waylay you. There's a really useful stats screen so you can see what you have left to collect/complete at any one time. The Maurauder's Map is good but the accompanying task list can be a bit confusing as it's not always obvious what the task is and what you need to do to complete it. Ron and Hermione are supposed to help you out if you get stuck but Ron just talks about the DA constantly and Hermione is always banging on about going to the library! Fortunately, the tasks aren't very complex and you can usually figure out what to do easily enough.

The great thing about the game is that you can play it for 10 mins or a couple of hours as there are lots of bits to it. It took a while to get into it as the first task has you spending ages recruiting DA members and does go on. Once you've done that though, things start to move a bit faster. If you are a fan of Harry Potter then it's definitely worth picking this up. It's not without its flaws and is pretty easy but wandering round Hogwarts casting spells is lots of fun.

You're right. There is not enough dueling in this game, and when you do get challenged, the gameplay is awful in that department. Final duel, was very disappointing.

Sign in to follow this