NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I'm having trouble looking up in this game...

For example you know that beginning bit with the people standing on the village houses, i couldn't actually look up to shoot them...is this just happening to me?

It kinda goes to the top of my TV but the camera in the game won't go further up...

Strange.

You are not the only one....I was having the same problem last night.

I was drunk at the time though.

You are not the only one....I was having the same problem last night.

I was drunk at the time though.

What are you implying? cheeky. :heh::)

Yeah i realised that you have to press C and get your knife out, then you can kinda free-roam the camera with the analogue stick...a little fiddly though.

Still it's no been a major problem yet.

Most Portuguese people I know are importing from GAME spain though:

-> http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?sku=049099

Most also received the game the following day, meaning some actually received it on the 28th (shipped on the 27th).

I won't import from there though since I really dislike Spanish game covers, rather have all in english (I'm real picky) :heh:

That makes two of us, then. ;)

That makes two of us, then. ;)

I'll probably cancel my choicesuk delivery, those bastards...

Wow I got this today and the control system is absolutely awesome :D Scoring headshots is easy and it's nice and easy to shoot different enemies quickly. I'm in love with it again :)

Just about to battle El Gigante for the 2nd time.

Just about to battle El Gigante for the 2nd time.

I chose the second route.

Threw a grenade and three incineration grenades at the sisters, my only 2 shotgun shells and my 30 rounds of TMP ammo, had to run away from them - all the way to the entrance to that area.

So there I am, with just a handgun with two chainsaw-wielding women after me. They got right in front of me and I managed to shoot one in the hip and then kick them both - one died. I then finished the other off soon after. Shooting the one in the hip would have taken too long on the GC version.

I then discovered soon after that there was another large group of people later on - a few time I had to run through them all to pick up some ammo. Used my last bit of ammo on the last Ganando. Then a Las Plagas popped out. In a feeble attempt I just threw a flash grenade and discovered that they kill the Las Plagas instantly. Phew.

Anyway: Riot Gun or (as upgraded as possible by end of Chapter 2) Shotgun?

So, you bought Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition to play it with a Gamecube controller? Then why didn't you just save some money and get the Cube or PS2 version?

You can play Wii games with a Gamecube controller?:confused:

I chose the second route.

Threw a grenade and three incineration grenades at the sisters, my only 2 shotgun shells and my 30 rounds of TMP ammo, had to run away from them - all the way to the entrance to that area.

So there I am, with just a handgun with two chainsaw-wielding women after me. They got right in front of me and I managed to shoot one in the hip and then kick them both - one died. I then finished the other off soon after. Shooting the one in the hip would have taken too long on the GC version.

I then discovered soon after that there was another large group of people later on - a few time I had to run through them all to pick up some ammo. Used my last bit of ammo on the last Ganando. Then a Las Plagas popped out. In a feeble attempt I just threw a flash grenade and discovered that they kill the Las Plagas instantly. Phew.

Anyway: Riot Gun or (as upgraded as possible by end of Chapter 2) Shotgun?

I do both routes :)

Go for the riot gun. Upgrade each setting on it once (apart from power, do that twice) until you can buy the striker at the beginning of chapter of 4 (The striker is an AMAZING shotgun).

I do both routes :)

Go for the riot gun. Upgrade each setting on it once (apart from power, do that twice) until you can buy the striker at the beginning of chapter of 4 (The striker is an AMAZING shotgun).

me too, the completist in me won't allow anything else!

Did you get any Nintendo Stars with the game? I got my copy from HMV looks likes it been open =(

You can play Wii games with a Gamecube controller?:confused:

Some you can. Mortal Kombat Armageddon is another you can use the GC pad for.

Did you get any Nintendo Stars with the game? I got my copy from HMV looks likes it been open =(

Yeah i did, it was sealed as well...

Bought this game yesterday, still haven't played it (bloody part-time job *shakes fist*!)

I like the overall response in this thread with the Wii controls, it looks like capcom have got it right, can't wait to finally play this!

And wait, we get stars with this game?? I though we only get stars with games that Nintendo had a hand in (like devoloping or publishing, not licensing)?

I'll probably cancel my choicesuk delivery, those bastards...

Já há na fnac, caralho. =D

Já há na fnac, caralho. =D
The thiefs...

digitalizarcustomjy4.jpg

That's a portuguese Fnac catalog Scan... like hell I'm paying that.

The thiefs...

digitalizarcustomjy4.jpg

What the hell? To think I had doubts on buying this game for €40. Good thing I did eventually, the Wii controls and the additional content (which I have yet to play) are worth it.

Bought this game..I havent played Re4 for the Cube and also havent deal with resident evil series so much..I had Eternal Darkness in the GC which was a great game..

But Resident evil 4 wii edition is just one of the best games i have ever played.So atmospheric...The graphics is the best i have seen for the Wii.The controls are excellent(after the first 20-25 minutes i had no problem).

Have completed the first 2 chapters.I am very anxious to see whats next!!

Bought this game..I havent played Re4 for the Cube and also havent deal with resident evil series so much..I had Eternal Darkness in the GC which was a great game..

But Resident evil 4 wii edition is just one of the best games i have ever played.So atmospheric...The graphics is the best i have seen for the Wii.The controls are excellent(after the first 20-25 minutes i had no problem).

Have completed the first 2 chapters.I am very anxious to see whats next!!

I've just started chapter 3 too :)

Let me just say, it gets A LOT better!

What the hell? To think I had doubts on buying this game for €40. Good thing I did eventually, the Wii controls and the additional content (which I have yet to play) are worth it.
I think it's worth it, but we're being stolen here, it's not like I'm paying the extra 20/30 euros to Capcom or Nintendo but the store itself, it's really unacceptable.

On Spanish GAME it's selling for 30€ so most Portuguese people are importing from there. (I usually dislike spanish packaging so I'll import from UK) £24.99/40€ is fair to me though.

The thiefs...

digitalizarcustomjy4.jpg

What the fuck? How can they inflate the price like that? O.O

I've just started chapter 3 too :)

Let me just say, it gets A LOT better!

I hope so!Have to say that in second chapter i had many difficulties..I understood why this game is called SURVIVAL horror game..lol..after a moment i was run out from gun ammo and with only the knife and some health stuff tried really to survive from the teams of zombies!I was searching like mad for a barel or another ammo sources! fortunately was not so far from the end of the chapter and made it without the need of restart..!:yay:

Edit:in what difficulty level you play it?I 've started it in normal mode..its not as easy as i was thinking..lol

OH those fuckers are going down! They can't mess with the mafia! Just wait until my cold goes away!

I hope so!Have to say that in second chapter i had many difficulties..I understood why this game is called SURVIVAL horror game..lol..after a moment i was run out from gun ammo and with only the knife and some health stuff tried really to survive from the teams of zombies!I was searching like mad for a barel or another ammo sources! fortunately was not so far from the end of the chapter and made it without the need of restart..!:yay:

Edit:in what difficulty level you play it?I 've started it in normal mode..its not as easy as i was thinking..lol

Lol, it gets really hard to conserve ammo sometimes. Just try and get enemies to their knees and knife/kick/suplex them.

I'm playing it on normal mode. I'm 3 hours through it and I'm about to start chapter 3-2.

Yeah i did, it was sealed as well...

=O motherfuckers! HMV I will ring ur ass tomorrow and then go down!