NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I been playing the game for awhile, the aiming works well, i can see a real difference in my hit ratios at the end of each chapter to when i played the GC version, i think my best on teh GC was like 75%, my worst so far on the Wii up to after the Del Lago boss is 86% and that was the first part getting used to the controls.

I love the motion control for the context sensitive scenes, the bit after the Del Lago boss i was actually swinging the controller at my leg like i was trying to cut the rope, brilliant.

Also I almost forgot how scarce ammo can be and that you have to upgrade your weapons, i was wondering at the start how come it was taking so many hits to kill people (too used to replaying the GC game with max power weapons), ended in a few situations really low on ammo, but still managed to get through, thanks to my lovely knife swinging. Though it would have been nice if they could have added more swing animations and get Leon to mimic your actual swing would be cool if you could stab too, haha.

Oh yeah just wanted to ask, what age rating was the GC game in Britian?

My GC game only has a PEGI rating, no BBFC or IFCO symbol, and it is rated PEFI 18+, so I assumed the BBFC and IFCO would have done the same, but the Wii version i noticed the BBFC only rated it 15?

Oh and one last thing, did Nintendo publish the game? There's a star points card thingy in it, isn't that only for games Nintendo publish themsleves... i don't remember getting stars for the GC version?

My GC game only has a PEGI rating, no BBFC or IFCO symbol, and it is rated PEFI 18+, so I assumed the BBFC and IFCO would have done the same, but the Wii version i noticed the BBFC only rated it 15?

GameCube version was PEGI 18+ in Europe and BBFC 15 in the UK. (The RE4 I used to own was BBFC 15)

Well i changed alot of my TV settings today and it looks a bit better, but in all honestly, the GC version looks better to me overall from remembering, although i could check and compare i suppose.

Some time ago I played the GC version and it actually didn't look as good as I seemed to remember. I must admit though that I forced the TV to ignore the black bars so everything was a bit upscaled.

I think another thing though is that with true widescreen we have a higher resolution and see more details and also graphical mistakes.

Ah-ah! It's on sale at a shop in lisbon! Tuesday this will be mine! =D

Although Ill only play it on the 13th. :D

Ah-ah! It's on sale at a shop in lisbon! Tuesday this will be mine! =D

Although Ill only play it on the 13th. :D

Most Portuguese people I know are importing from GAME spain though:

-> http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?sku=049099

Most also received the game the following day, meaning some actually received it on the 28th (shipped on the 27th).

I won't import from there though since I really dislike Spanish game covers, rather have all in english (I'm real picky) :heh:

Still haven't got mine in... *Sues Amazon*

Haha. Wanna take a race to the finish of the game? Not really though, I play games very slowly... I just checked yesterday, and RE4 is now in the mail. Will take a few days to arrive probably since it's UK to Finland. Hopefully it'll be here soon!

Im really having trouble with the controls as I cant get used to just shooting with the Wiimote, I keep trying to look around with it for some reason and its getting me killed. I think I have doubled my deaths due to this compared to the Cube version, methinks I will put in the Cube pad and play it like that.

Wii controls make this game even better. I'm glad I bought it again.

I wonder if the German version of this is censored again?

Im flying through it now that I have got the Wavebird plugged in, I just feel alot more comfortable using an old skool pad.

i have 2 copies of res4 wii pal,

one is rated 15 with a red circle in the bottom left of the front cover,

and the other one says 18+ http://www.pegi.info

are there any diffrences in these 2 games? gore or what have u?

probably not. But if you have both copies. Can't you figure it out your self?

Im flying through it now that I have got the Wavebird plugged in, I just feel alot more comfortable using an old skool pad.

:shakehead

So, you bought Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition to play it with a Gamecube controller? Then why didn't you just save some money and get the Cube or PS2 version?

are there any diffrences in these 2 games? gore or what have u?

No. Apart from the German version.

So, you bought Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition to play it with a Gamecube controller? Then why didn't you just save some money and get the Cube or PS2 version?

Already got the Cube version, played it to death. I got this for Seperate Ways storyline. What difference does it make how I want to play the game?

Whats the point in struggling to get used to the controls when I have a more comfortable solution next to me.

Jus seems pointless buying the Wii version, if your not going to embrace the Wii controls, ya know?

Especially as the Wii controls are so intuitive. I didn't think this game could be bettered as i loved the cube version and controls but the Wii controls take this classic to another level.

Her's hoping this doe's well and capcom make a new Wii resi in this style.

Already got the Cube version, played it to death. I got this for Seperate Ways storyline. What difference does it make how I want to play the game?

I'm buying the Wii version, not for the Wii controls, but for the extrs that I missed out on in the 'Cube version.

Finally, got the game and I love it! The controls were a little weird at first but I got used to it after around 5-10 minutes, Wiimote aiming rocks! It's so clever how they used the stocks (Which I was wondering how on earth they would make work with the Wiimote) it was so awesome when I found out that attaching the stocks to the gun just decreases the sensitivity setting on the Wiimote :D

Waggling for QTEs and the knife works really well (much better and more responsive than in TP!) but I am disappointed that they didn't redraw the menus and onscreen displays (They just took the GCN letterbox ones and blew them up :( )

Overall, it's awesome so far!

I'm having trouble looking up in this game...

For example you know that beginning bit with the people standing on the village houses, i couldn't actually look up to shoot them...is this just happening to me?

It kinda goes to the top of my TV but the camera in the game won't go further up...

Strange.

For example you know that beginning bit with the people standing on the village houses, i couldn't actually look up to shoot them...is this just happening to me?

It kinda goes to the top of my TV but the camera in the game won't go further up...

Strange.

You have to get your knife or weapon out and use the direction on the nunchuck to look up and down

Are you looking up using the analogue stick while aiming?

edit: quick question: Riot Gun or (as upgraded as possible by end of Chapter 2) Shotgun?

Strange.

Sounds like you are doing what I was. I couldnt break the habit of doing that in the first 20 mins hence the Cube pad coming into play.