NEurope
Nintenchris

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Getting the crowd clapping... this type of thing is great!

57371520070924_234136_2_big.jpg

Hahahah, thats brilliant! Def getting this.

I thought that's been known for ages, but I dunno what you can do with it yet or if it's just leaderboards.

So cool to play it online.

What!?...*gasp* Is this..Is this online!? Show me proof please...(lord gawdd)

Online is leaderboards only, still a very nice feature to have.

I think I'll get this as it looks to be the best multiplayer on the Wii, gonna be a tough decision between this and RRR2.

Online is leaderboards only, still a very nice feature to have.

I think I'll get this as it looks to be the best multiplayer on the Wii, gonna be a tough decision between this and RRR2.

Darn...A competitive online mode would have made this an extreme Wii essential. Btw what is RRR2?

Darn...A competitive online mode would have made this an extreme Wii essential. Btw what is RRR2?

Rayman Raving Rabids 2.

The online leaderboards is a nice idea. :)

However a full online mode would have sold the game for me! :D

*is sitting on the fence*

Isn't this game like, ideal for online multiplayer? Leaving it out is ludicrous.

Laughing your head off with 3 other people sitting round your TV whie playing this is more fun than playing online with some random person you can't see or speak to for this type of game at least.

I cant wait for this game! I want to know the full list of events (trampoline is a new one isnt it?) an cant wait for some reviews - one of my most anticpated games this!

Laughing your head off with 3 other people sitting round your TV whie playing this is more fun than playing online with some random person you can't see or speak to for this type of game at least.

I agree with that!

The crowd-clapping is brilliant, lets hope they add more things like this!

Still not interested in the game, until I see this game have lava, green pipes and other features from Mario (And sonic). This game will just be like any other Olympic game just with Mario and Sonic in it.

yeah but having the option to choose is better becouse no one has people around every day so when you alone and you want to play with someone its better to play online and more challenging thats why i think online play is a must in most games especially Fighting games and First person shooters ,

becouse with fighting games none of my friends could beat so when i play my dead or alive online haha people beat the crap out of me haha ( not always )

Why do people always cite this as a reason to not have Online? It's a reason to have both, ffs.

Why do people always cite this as a reason to not have Online? It's a reason to have both, ffs.

Have to agree there, 2 is better then 1 :heh:

Online is standard now, it's statistically proven (there was a report released recently that showed) that games with online modes sell double that of equivalent games without online. Nintendo fans have much higher expectations this generation and ignorance really is no excuse and will not remain to be accepted for much longer. Its only a matter of time before sales figures really start hurting developers of Wii games unless they make more of an effort (Nintendo themselves included as they are the primary cause of the problem)... Avoiding over emphasis of Wiis limitations is key to avoid consumers ultimately going permanently back to competitor offerings.

I'd rather not have it tacked on in the last minute though, I don't like how many games put so much into online multiplayer but put little into the offline stuff.

This type of game would work better offline it's events are mostly done in short bursts and they don't look like they would work well online, I can't imagine Raving Rabbids being online either that wouldn't be as fun as playing offline with 3 other people in person.

Online is standard now, it's statistically proven (there was a report released recently that showed) that games with online modes sell double that of equivalent games without online.

Any source for that? Cause it looks to be completely untrue in my opinion. I mean look at the PS2's best selling games, I don't think any of the top 10 are online.

Nintendo fans have much higher expectations this generation and ignorance really is no excuse and will not remain to be accepted for much longer. Its only a matter of time before sales figures really start hurting developers of Wii games unless they make more of an effort (Nintendo themselves included as they are the primary cause of the problem)... Avoiding over emphasis of Wiis limitations is key to avoid consumers ultimately going permanently back to competitor offerings.

I think the current software sales are hardly going to make Nintendo worried. Non of the Wii's online games have sold amazing (Mario Party 8 has sold double strikers has).

I do agree third parties need to pick up the quality of their titles, and their sales are already lacking due to a distinct lack of quality when compared to Nintendo's offerings, but adding online isn't really what they need to do. The problem is the games just arn't up to Nintendo's offerings as a whole, it looks like this is being addressed though.

Any source for that? Cause it looks to be completely untrue in my opinion. I mean look at the PS2's best selling games, I don't think any of the top 10 are online.

No offense jammy but as a consumer, why should that matter? It sounds like your saying that you dont want online multiplayer on the Wii because your scared Nintendo wont make money off of it?

Nintendo are in better financial shape than any other developer on the planet to add these features

Also this game is supposedly projected to sell 4 million copies. They can afford to add online multiplayer even if it sells half that many.

No offense jammy but as a consumer, why should that matter? It sounds like your saying that you dont want online multiplayer on the Wii because your scared Nintendo wont make money off of it?

Nintendo are in better financial shape than any other developer on the planet to add these features

Also this game is supposedly projected to sell 4 million copies. They can afford to add online multiplayer even if it sells half that many.

I'm just asking where this guy got his 'fact' from, out of pure interest. I like to know how important and mainstream online gaming is nowadays, as it helps me have my vision on the industry and what I should expect. (I work within the industry... if you want to know why I care).

Personally online gaming isn't really that important to me. I had a huge phase of my life playing Ps2 online, and I guess the friends I made on that and journey it took me on is never going to be filled, so I try not play online any more. There are other reasons now, but personally I aint too arsed.

Personally I think this game wouldn't really benefit from online play. Ultimately wouldn't it be the exact same as leaderboards? Where the person with the longest throw / fastest sprint etc wins. Provided this game lets you compare and attempt to beat your friends scores over wi-fi (much like big brain academy did) I think I'll be satisfied, if I actually get this game :/.

Online is standard now, it's statistically proven (there was a report released recently that showed) that games with online modes sell double that of equivalent games without online. Nintendo fans have much higher expectations this generation and ignorance really is no excuse and will not remain to be accepted for much longer. Its only a matter of time before sales figures really start hurting developers of Wii games unless they make more of an effort (Nintendo themselves included as they are the primary cause of the problem)... Avoiding over emphasis of Wiis limitations is key to avoid consumers ultimately going permanently back to competitor offerings.

I believe in this.

... it's statistically proven (there was a report released recently that showed) that games with online modes sell double that of equivalent games without online...

That particular research probably included MMORPGs, thus the sales monster that is WoW is counted towards that number, which would make it a bit confounded really.

Also, I'd be interested in how they deducted that number. After all, there are less online-enabled games than online-disabled games, which would mean they'd either have to select the best selling offline games, or simply put the numbers of both added up against each other. With each giving a wrong image of the way things are, imho. Certain genres are more likely to have online, and because of that, they're more liked, or the other way around.

In conclusion, I'd not put any weight on the results of that research if the figures aren't divided between genres, eg, "shooters with online sell better than shooters without online", not just "online games sell better than offline games."

Purely stating my personal opinion here, but online shouldn't be a given part of any game. I hate unevenly balanced games, even more so when there's too much emphasis on online when there should've been more on offline, and vice versa. For example, for this game, online isn't really a necessity, as playing this over the net instantly does away from the hilarity the game hopefully produces with real life friends. Generally speaking, I'd say: party games = no online. However, should the next... erhm... first AAA Wii-FPS not have online, I'd be pissed.

That would be a great edition if you could use your Mii and pick a 'type'. I want this game so much more now. It's shaping up to be really good with all these little features in them.

Miis!

mariosonicmiitg2.jpg

Seen in the very short amount of footage form here.

You mean Mii/me versus Sonic!? No questions - will be getting this.