N-Europe

Once the Girls Aloud tour is over, Cheryl Cole will start work on her debut solo album, which is going to be released at some point in late 2009. Frankmusik just said he's going to be producing the album, and she'll be working with Soulpower too.

I question her ability to hold a song by herself, but Frankmusik is good, and good production can save almost anything from shitehood.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I question her ability to hold a song by herself, but Frankmusik is good, and good production can save almost anything from shitehood.

Agreed, it's hard to imagine her performing on her own, without the back-up of 4 other voices. Apparently Nadine will be working on an album once the tour ends too. The others...no clue. Unless Nicola decides to, I really hope they don't. Neither Sarah or Kimberly have strong enough voices.

--

I'm completely in love with Sam Sparro's album. Hot mess probably being my favourite track, I love his lyrics. It's kind of disco-ish, and completely danceable. Poket and 21st Century Life are damn good too.

New album in Autumn too, Yay!

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

Once the Girls Aloud tour is over, Cheryl Cole will start work on her debut solo album, which is going to be released at some point in late 2009. Frankmusik just said he's going to be producing the album, and she'll be working with Soulpower too.

As I just glanced over that and I am currently tired I read that as Cheryl Cole is going to cover Frank Sinatra. Which would have been...interesting.

So here's some old blue eyes for everyone's ears.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I made a playlist for my intense revision coming up in the next few weeks. Decided to go with nothing too thought provoking but rather just great, mellow and summery music that essentially functions well as background noise.

But a taste:

The Golden Filter - Solid Gold

Bat for Lashes - Pearl's Dream

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero

PJ Harvey - Long Snake Moan

Tori Amos - Cruel

Pati Yang - All That Is Thirst

P!nk - Funhouse

Ladytron - Burning Up

And consequently:

Pati Yang - All That Is Thirst.

Something I reckon anyone could like to chill-out to, and Paj I'm sure you've heard of her before?

I'm loving laid back and almost dreamy songs at the moment, I feel they go hand in hand with the slightly improved weather.

EDIT: For all the Dub-steppers. Not a huge fan myself but find myself addicted to this track:

Chase and Status - Eastern Jam

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Razz

Tangled Up is by far Girls Aloud's best album. Every single song on it, was a potential single. I cannot believe they only released 2 (And...Sexy! No No No, though that was waaaay before the album came out).

Call The Shots, Can't Speak French, Black Jacks, Fling, Sexy! No No No, Girl Overboard and Damn are all brilliant slices of pop music. I wish their latest effort had been a little less boring. Apart from a few tracks at the bottom end of the album, it was annoyingly average. I have no idea why Out Of Control has sold so many copies (about 800,000 I think) whereas Tangled Up only went Platinum.

Edited by Slaggis

Yes indeedy.,

*Sigh* Bards douchebagery is understandable...it's Bard. But, why bother making an utterly pointless post in agreement? It's a music thread, I made a post about music I'm enjoying. How about either doing the same or, you know, fucking off.

The amount of times the words "Girls Aloud" have been repeated in this thread, far outweigh the value of the musical monotony they refer to. Basically...go look for new music (fairly simple...Spotify or Last Fm should give you decent artist reccommendations...and if not you could try and give a listen to something that you're completely ignorant of) listen to it, write your impressions, and wait for somebody to respond.

Yes, I know it requires effort, but at least it means you won't be stuck listening to what will effectively be filling the musical landfill in the near future.

As I've said before I don't mind what is talked about on here. People think every post has to be recommendations for them personally, when it isn't.

I too thought that Girls Aloud post was a bit random, since it neither open nor continues a discussion, but it didn't offend me in any way.

The amount of times the words "Girls Aloud" have been repeated in this thread, far outweigh the value of the musical monotony they refer to. Basically...go look for new music (fairly simple...Spotify or Last Fm should give you decent artist reccommendations...and if not you could try and give a listen to something that you're completely ignorant of) listen to it, write your impressions, and wait for somebody to respond.

Yes, I know it requires effort, but at least it means you won't be stuck listening to what will effectively be filling the musical landfill in the near future.

Could you be any more condescending? I could make an annoyingly lengthy reply, but I figure that would require effort (;)) and either way I'll come to the same conclusion. You're a knob.

--

GIRLS ALOUD

Oh no. :heh:

Edited by Slaggis

This thread fills me with rage, I come here every so often hoping to find a worthwhile reccommendation (in my infinite lazyness and inability to actually discover for myself) from the few members who actually seem to find it worthwhile peruse the periphery of musical awareness, but every time I'm here all I seem to see is infinite repititions of "Girls Aloud," "Tori Amos" The Yeah Yeah FUCKING Yeahs. Yes. Alright, we are all aware of the existance of said bands. Move on.

A reccommendation does not have to be to me in person, I like to cleanse my palate from time to time with whatever is flung my way, why, it was from this very thread that I got reccommendations to give a listen to Mogwai and Battles for example.

But anyway, that, of course, was before the time that this thread got afflicted with aspergers (yes, in this metaphor, you are, infact, aspergers. You know who you are), with your fairly abnormal ability to fill almost 500 pages with the same thing.

So. I propose some sort of revolution. A martial law if you will. If you have nothing to say, I will personally come in here and defecate on you for no other reason than my own enjoyment. And perhaps because I enjoy being both the perpetrator and onlooker to humiliation.

I'm actually in a good mood today.

This thread fills me with rage, I come here every so often hoping to find a worthwhile reccommendation (in my infinite lazyness and inability to actually discover for myself) from the few members who actually seem to find it worthwhile peruse the periphery of musical awareness, but every time I'm here all I seem to see is infinite repititions of "Girls Aloud," "Tori Amos" The Yeah Yeah FUCKING Yeahs. Yes. Alright, we are all aware of the existance of said bands. Move on.

A reccommendation does not have to be to me in person, I like to cleanse my palate from time to time with whatever is flung my way, why, it was from this very thread that I got reccommendations to give a listen to Mogwai and Battles for example.

But anyway, that, of course, was before the time that this thread got afflicted with aspergers (yes, in this metaphor, you are, infact, aspergers. You know who you are), with your fairly abnormal ability to fill almost 500 pages with the same thing.

So. I propose some sort of revolution. A martial law if you will. If you have nothing to say, I will personally come in here and defecate on you for no other reason than my own enjoyment. And perhaps because I enjoy being both the perpetrator and onlooker to humiliation.

I'm actually in a good mood today.

Translation: You're a sour grape.

Okay, I was listening to some Chris Cornell and I stumbled across Temple of the Dog. Absolutely brilliant stuff, on par with his Soundgarden efforts but it sounds so different due to the album being slower, warmer, more emotional. Have no idea how I haven't heard them before. Really into Say Hello To Heaven and Hunger Strike at the moment. It's weird how the other members are from Pearl Jam, not a big fan of them myself.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing CC at Download now, just hope he doesn't sing too much of his recent crap!