N-Europe

Pfft, so what? Everybody knows the version I posted is the best version by a country mile. It might have even been the cause for every other bugger to make theirs. You just don't know.

Maybe if it wasn't for The Animals, half of us here wouldn't even know of that old American folk song.*

That's why it's Vintage. :grin:

*Two year-old research there.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that as though Kate Bush wasn't credible.

It does.

"I thought I could organise freedom...how scandanavian of me!" - Bjork, Hunter

No I dont, im saying it as though I like Placebo but their best song isn't even their own.

House of the Rising sun is my Dads favourite song, listened to it before going out last night actually.

The Muse cover is pretty decent too.

No I dont, im saying it as though I like Placebo but their best song isn't even their own.

Their cover of "Running Up That Hill" is a totally different version to the original, and although superior in my view, it's a matter of opinion as to whether it's their "best" song.

Without You I'm Nothing is a classic album and their most clever lyrically imo, with [/i]My Sweet Prince[/i] and the title track being the best examples. The former; cleverly weaving the idea's of rejection and unrequited love with the downward spiral of an emotional and physical heroin addiction.

Placebo's sixth studio album - "Battle For The Sun" - released June 8th

There will be a worldwide exclusive play of the title track 'Battle For The Sun' this week on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show at around 7.00pm on Tuesday 17th March so make sure you tune in and listen out for any special announcements!

The album will be released on download, CD, limited edition CD + DVD, LP and a very limited special Deluxe Box Set! The first 500 copies of the Box Set ordered will be hand signed by the band!!

We are going to hide 5 Golden Laminate passes inside 5 of the Box Sets - 1 per continent. The Golden Laminate will win you and a guest an amazing VIP day with Placebo. You'll come to a gig within your country, we'll provide 2 nights accommodation and you'll get to watch the band soundcheck, have dinner with Brian, Stef and Steve at the venue before finally watching the show from side stage...!

Does anyone read the lyrics while listening to songs?

What I've been listening to recently,

The Animal Collective Experience:

I already listened to the excellence of Merriweather Post Pavillion and Strawberry Jam and so set my ears on to Feels and Sun Tongs. :D I think Sun Tongs is my favourite Album from them but Post Pavillion is a close second and one of my Album's of the year thus far!

I'm really enjoying them at the moment.

Taylor Swift: Fearless

Hugely greater than her first album and a great experience. I really like her voice. :)

Radiohead: In Rainbows

Wow. I'd put off Radiohead for too long. Fantastic album from start finish.

I have so many albums to make my way through as well. (a good thing) I'd have got Ok Computer and Kid A done as well if Itunes hadn't screwed me over.

Shontelle: Shontelligence

I'm not a big fan of her single "T-Shirt" but it is easily the weakest song on the album and I found it had a different style which i really liked and wasn't expecting.

M83: Saturday = Youth/Dead Cities,Red Sea's and Dead Ghosts.

Musically wonderful. That's all that needs to be said.

M Ward: Hold Time/Post War

He has a good voice and it is fairly relaxing to listen to and solemn at times but after two albums back to back his voice wasn't doing it for me. My own fault kind of album you listen to one and not both one after the other.

Jenny Wilson: Hardships

A new contender for Album of 09'. Brilliant album that came out of nowhere! :grin: It just clicked with me.

Fanfarlo: Reservoir

Mantastic stuff. Beautiful sound, good to read a book to, which is exactly what I did.

Kelly Clarkson: All I Ever Wanted

I'd never properly listened to her before. My life would Suck with out you just doesn't sit comfortably on my ears at the start. Still as I made my way through it was clear to me that is was a good album.

Need to give it another run through though, Also her other albums so I have something to compare it to!

Emilia De Poret: Pick me up!

Funness Pears. Great for the middle of the afternoon to blast out of my Laptop speakers.

J-Lo: J-Lo

Some classic tunes in here. I like her.

Sofia Somajo: The Laptop Diaries

YESYESYES! 2009 is heating up! loved this the whole way through at times unsettling while comforting as well. I also liked the names of the songs I think!

Malajube: Labrynithes

Yay! I like french being sung. (See Camille) Good at the time but I don't really remember it now.

Solange: Sol-angel and the Hadley St. Dreams

Her voice is ace. : peace: She needs to get more attention!

Also on my Ipod which have unfortunately not been scrobbled. >____<

Girl Talk: Feed the Animals

I've listened to this too much. Far too enjoyable for my liking. :heh: I like guessing what songs are in it. This is how to do a mash up unlike those god awful ones on 4 music.

*shudders*

Royksopp: Melody A.M./The Understanding

absolutely Lovely. (to steal Chairdrivers word)

CSS: Cansei Der Ser Sexy

*see Girl Talk*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

:yay:

Now currently listening to mewithoutyou. I finally got round to it Jayseven. next probably Brand New since there has been talk of them and then Brandy as I said to my friend I'd listen to her about 2 weeks ago, kept putting it off!

Edited by Coolness Bears

Does anyone read the lyrics while listening to songs?

Of course.

I love when on albums I love, theres a track that I like, but realise I have no idea what it's about/what the lyrics are. So I read them along to the music.

Being a Tori Amos fan requires a lot of time spent reading into/trying to decipher lyrics, too.

Of course.

I love when on albums I love, theres a track that I like, but realise I have no idea what it's about/what the lyrics are. So I read them along to the music.

Being a Tori Amos fan requires a lot of time spent reading into/trying to decipher lyrics, too.

Win. :D

I just started doing it yesterday. It makes the songs so much better when I know what they are singing about. :grin:

Like Grizzly Bear, The National, Radiohead etc!

Reading them along to the music makes them hit home more to me. :)

I hate that I bought Love Story by Taylor Swift off iTunes. I really didn't like it at first, but the bit "You were Romeo you were throwing pebbles.." or whatever is a form of eargasm.

Though I hate that she misinterprets the story of Romeo & Juliet. But then again, their love, rather than their fate is what most people reference them for...

Still. it adheres to the story up until the end.

I never read the lyrics along with the music on the first listen. Ruins the experience for me.

I agree not on first listen.

I meant like...months/a lengthy time after hearing/knowing the song. When I realise I'm not sure what it's on about.

Glad some other people are finally listening to Taylor Swift, nobody took any notice when I mentioned her ¬¬

Also, fallen in love again with Sol-Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, such a fucking fantastic album, found myself loving "Cosmic Journey" which I always skipped before.

Also Jennifer Lopez's new song leaked, rumoured to be from her upcoming greatest hits album:

Bloody love it, way better than anything from her last album "Brave" expect for maybe the song "Brave"...

Have a listen!

Edited by triforce_keeper

Glad some other people are finally listening to Taylor Swift, nobody took any notice when I mentioned her ¬¬

I didn't like it the first few times I heard it.

Bloody love it, way better than anything from her last album "Brave" expect for maybe the song "Brave"...

Have a listen!

Really? I think it's rubbish! Heard it when it first leaked, and it sounded like a bad demo or something. Truly awful. Maybe in higher quality it'll sound better, but I doubt much could save that mess. It sounds the backing track is in the wrong song.

There's a fair few decent tracks on her last album too, IIRC. The Way It Is.

I didn't like it the first few times I heard it.

Really? I think it's rubbish! Heard it when it first leaked, and it sounded like a bad demo or something. Truly awful. Maybe in higher quality it'll sound better, but I doubt much could save that mess. It sounds the backing track is in the wrong song.

There's a fair few decent tracks on her last album too, IIRC. The Way It Is.

Ahhhhh, it's a good dance track, can't get it out of my head, I have it in high quality, and it does sound better than that.

Blasted, bass up high, its bloody awesome.

On Lopez, I was just listening through her albums today, and what a great back catalogue she has, remind me so much of when I was younger :D, listening to my sister music in the next room :D

Just been listening to the Lily Allen and Ladyhawke albums. I'm liking the Lily Allen but Ladyhawke isn't doing anything for me. Might try flogging it or something.

Ladyhawke was a dissapointment for me. There's a few excellent songs on it, but the rest kinda blend into one mass of..meh. Magic is the best.

They're a side project of a band called Orgy. They started by doing Sonic music, first with "This Machine" for Sonic Heroes in 2003 (which is what got me into them in the first place), and then in Shadow the Hedgehog with "Waking Up". Oh, they also did the end credits track for the first Transformers movie, it's called "Technical Difficulties".

I'm only on track 3, and it sounds incredible!! But I'll post impressions later.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

They started by doing Sonic music, first with "This Machine" for Sonic Heroes in 2003 (which is waht got me into them in the first place), and then in Shadow the Hedgehog with "Waking Up".

That'll explain it, then. This Machine is a cool song.

I too like the Ladyhawke album.

My Delirium, Better Than Sunday, Love Don't Live Here, and Dusk Till Dawn are all really good songs.

It's mainstream music that I can actually listen to and love.

I couldn't really tell which song was which, as they all sounded the same :(

That name sounds familiar...I'm sure I have a song of his on my computer somewhere.

julian-clary-3.jpg