• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

And while I respect Springsteen the nickname 'The Boss' makes me do anything but respect him. I'm not aware of its origins but it sounds like the nickname an under-sexed frat boy would give himself.

apparently it came from this

Springsteen has long had the nickname "The Boss," a term which he was initially reported to dislike but now seems to have come to terms with, as he sometimes jokingly refers to himself as such on stage. The nickname originated when a young Springsteen, playing club gigs with a band in the 1960s, took on the task of collecting the band's nightly pay and distributing it amongst his bandmates.

Rich Girls is my least favourite, yeah.

My faves are probs Cool, Danger Zone and WYWF?. Maybe Bubble Pop Electric, that's great fun. The background vocals that start "Drive-In Movie!", then become "Drive-In Move-Me" and end as "Drive In To Me!".

Strangely I was wandering round Oxford once and some girls asked me if I was Johnny Greenwood. Still to this day I'm not sure why as I don't really look like him and must be at least ten years younger.

On a completely unrelated note I got Deerhunter's album Microcastle a couple of months back, but only over the last couple of weeks given it a good proper listen. Not sure what to say other than it's good stuff, love the guitar on Nothing Ever Happened. Hope to see them some time soon as their live gigs look class.

Guest Captain Falcon
Radiohead, I love. Too many amazing songs to have a favourite. Street Spirit probably because I used to hear it all the time when I was younger. Otherwise, Paranoid Android is also awesome.

Okay, this song needs ATTENTION.

The Presents - If I Know You

Strange and awesome video.

That song was is really good and video was quite interesting to boot too.

By the time it was getting toward the end, it was beginning to sound like I've heard it many times before. But that's not a bad thing at all - it felt familiar in a comfortable way that makes you feel good inside.

On a completely unrelated note I got Deerhunter's album Microcastle a couple of months back, but only over the last couple of weeks given it a good proper listen. Not sure what to say other than it's good stuff, love the guitar on Nothing Ever Happened. Hope to see them some time soon as their live gigs look class.

I need to give it more runthroughs, but I think it's pretty good too!

That song was is really good and video was quite interesting to boot too.

By the time it was getting toward the end, it was beginning to sound like I've heard it many times before. But that's not a bad thing at all - it felt familiar in a comfortable way that makes you feel good inside.

Glad you liked it! :smile:

I know what you mean about it sounding familiar. I was listening to the whole album, 'Apocalypso', on Spotify and it's the only song on there like that. A pretty good album actually, the other songs are more upbeat though.

Guest Captain Falcon
Glad you liked it! :smile:

I know what you mean about it sounding familiar. I was listening to the whole album, 'Apocalypso', on Spotify and it's the only song on there like that. A pretty good album actually, the other songs are more upbeat though.

Just been listening to the few tracks on their myspace page from that album.

"Talk Like That" is pretty decent, but I really love "This Boy's in Love".

The other two tracks from that album which are on there aren't doing much for me. "My People" is too much like noise, though there is nifty breakdown in the middle which is good, and I don't think the vocals are doing any favours to the poor underlying track on "A New Sky".

Does the album have more stuff like those tracks I like?

Yeah I liked that song too by the way, really like his voice. Not sure why but even though it's not really like them at all it remind me of The Petshop boys.

Also listening to a song by that Gavin De Graw chap called "Jealous Guy", he really does have an amazing voice.

Guest Captain Falcon
Yeah I liked that song too by the way, really like his voice. Not sure why but even though it's not really like them at all it remind me of The Petshop boys.

I know what you mean about reminding you of the Pet Shop Boys. For me, I think the way the guy sings the lyrics slowly over music composed of an up tempo electronic beat married with long and powerful piano chords.

Just been listening to the few tracks on their myspace page from that album.

"Talk Like That" is pretty decent, but I really love "This Boy's in Love".

The other two tracks from that album which are on there aren't doing much for me. "My People" is too much like noise, though there is nifty breakdown in the middle which is good, and I don't think the vocals are doing any favours to the poor underlying track on "A New Sky".

Does the album have more stuff like those tracks I like?

I only listened to it once but it seems to lean towards the first two you like. It's all on Spotify if you want to give it a listen.

I reckon they sound a bit like Editors.

Guest Captain Falcon

I only listened to it once but it seems to lean towards the first two you like. It's all on Spotify if you want to give it a listen.

Well I've just got spotify, despite the thing not letting me have a username it said was valid.

So I'll go check out the rest of the album. Even those two I didn't initially like are being to grow on me a little.

The Bends is my favourite album by them, never gave the new album much of a chance but didn't like it on the 1st few listens.

The Bends is a quality album, worth it for Fake Plastic Trees alone :) as for In Rainbows, I'd urge you to listen to it a few time after you've listened to some of their older stuff, I find that in doing so (personally anyway) their latest album is easier to appreciate and actually quite rightly so as it's a decent album and lol don't worry, it didn't click with me the first few times I listened to it but now it does, gonna listen to it again tomorrow. ^^

Weeeee, turns out what I thought was a complete collection of Muse songs was missing about 20 songs. I shouldn't neglect them so.

All patched up now.

You were missing 20 MUSE songs? for shame! lol actually which ones Dyson? I'd hate to know that I'm missing any :/ I have all their major albums + Hullabaloo so yeah if there are any rare B-sides or something left to get I'd love to know, afterall there isn't such a thing as having too much Muse imo. :p

You were missing 20 MUSE songs? for shame! lol actually which ones Dyson? I'd hate to know that I'm missing any :/ I have all their major albums + Hullabaloo so yeah if there are any rare B-sides or something left to get I'd love to know, afterall there isn't such a thing as having too much Muse imo. :p

Took Me ages to find a studio version of "In Your World"

One of my favourite Muse songs as well..

Guest Captain Falcon

Having been thoroughly impressed with Empire of the Sun (everyone go get their album), I thought I'd check out PNAU since it's one of the same guys.

And I must say, I'm liking what what I've heard so far. I've only been listening to their latest release which was their self titled album from 2007.

My favourite track, featured below, is With You Forever, but Embrace is really good as well and worth checking out - it's not on spotify though unfortunately.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've warmed to Clarksons new album more now. "Don't Let Me Stop You" is fucking fantastic, one of the best songs she's ever done. If it's not a single, I may...do nothing. But still, it should be. She says "If you don't love me, then GTFO" in such a brilliant way.

You best be reading this, Clarkson!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Well, I went to listen to Absolution in its' entirety earlier, but noticed I was 5 songs down :| Really odd - I basically never finished my library of Muse songs on my PC. I was missing about 3 songs from Absolution, half of Origin of Symmetry and half of Showbiz, plus some songs were tagged with the wrong album names and incorrect track numbers. I've heard them before because I own the actual discs but never got the full things on my Hard Drive. :heh:

But on top of that, I got all of the Japanese bonus songs and a couple of other b-sides too, as well as a couple from Hullabaloo - the only Muse release I'm not particularly fond of, though it does hold some crackers.

Took Me ages to find a studio version of "In Your World"

One of my favourite Muse songs as well..

Brilliant song. Still unable to find a studio version. On the upside, I do have a studio copy of Crying Shame - absolutely brilliant song.

NME Awards results..

Best British Band: Oasis

Best International Band: The Killers

Best New Band: MGMT

Best Live Band: Muse

Best Solo Artist: Pete Doherty

Best Album: Kings of Leon Only By The Night

Best Track: MGMT "Time To Pretend"

Best Video: Last Shadow Puppets "My Mistakes Were Made For You"

Best DVD: Arctic Monkeys At the Apollo

Best Album Artwork: Muse HAARP

Best Venue: London Astoria

Best Live Event: Glastonbury

Best Blog: Noel Gallagher

Best TV Show: The Mighty Boosh

Best Dressed: Alexa Chung

Worst Dressed: Amy Winehouse

Godlike Genius: The Cure

Outstanding Contribution to British Music: Elbow

Hero of the Year: Barack Obama

Villain of the Year: George W. Bush

Worst Band & Worst Album: Jonas Brothers

Sexiest Male: Matt Bellamy

Sexiest Female: Hayley Williams

Best Website: YouTube

Philip Hall Radar Award: The Big Pink

Yays for Muse winning Best Live Band (again) and the Best Album Artwork Awards. Oh, and lol at Matt Bellamy winning sexiest Male. xD