• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised how many songs I like of Madonna's, going through Madonna i-tunes essentials.

Music <3

Madonna actually has such a life, music-wise.

Like, what is Erotica realistically? Like such a lovely under-appreciated album.

And American Life; my fave. Nobody Knows Me - the least uncliched dance song ever.

Little Boots - Meddle (Treasure Fingers Remix) is quite frankly beyond awesome.

http://tashed.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/little-boots-meddle/

That was quite cool. I enjoyed it more than this Madonna talk :p

(she's alright and yes done a hell of a lot with herself/music/pointy boob tops but meh, the music isn't really my thing)

While you're here Daft; best Daft Punk album? About time I got another one and I know you've told me before but you know what my memory is like.

Just realised how many songs I like of Madonna's, going through Madonna i-tunes essentials.

Music <3

Madonna is the only pop solo female singer I truly respect. She writes virtually all her own stuff, has broken down barriers etc.

DON'T get her new album (unless you like Timbaland esque stuff...it's defo her low point), but Ray Of Light (1998) by all means a masterpiece of electronica/ambient music. Honestly in my top ten albums ever.

I'd seriously get albums, rather than greatest hits, or collections. I don't own her first 2 albums, as they seem too 80's poppy and throwaway, but True Blue onwards is a goldmine.

That was quite cool. I enjoyed it more than this Madonna talk :p

(she's alright and yes done a hell of a lot with herself/music/pointy boob tops but meh, the music isn't really my thing)

While you're here Daft; best Daft Punk album? About time I got another one and I know you've told me before but you know what my memory is like.

Studio album, Discovery.

But overall Alive 2007 in my opinion. Although it kills me I didn't get to see them.

Someone was trying to convince me it was a badly recorded live album but after listening to A Cross The Universe I have no doubt it is an awesome recording.

Madonna is the only pop solo female singer I truly respect. She writes virtually all her own stuff, has broken down barriers etc.

DON'T get her new album (unless you like Timbaland esque stuff...it's defo her low point), but Ray Of Light (1998) by all means a masterpiece of electronica/ambient music. Honestly in my top ten albums ever.

I'd seriously get albums, rather than greatest hits, or collections. I don't own her first 2 albums, as they seem too 80's poppy and throwaway, but True Blue onwards is a goldmine.

Music/Ray Of Light/American Life/Confessions on a dance floor all interest me judging by the previews on i-tunes.

Don't really like her new singles, and can't STAND Timbaland.

But yeah, just re-discovered loads of songs from her, will have to think about picking the albums up :)

Are Danger even a band? Or is it just someone(s) who remix stuff? Or more what I was wondering...do they have an album? Was trying to look into this while cooking earlier but...this method is easier.

Oh and I have Discovery. Win.

Alive 2007 is great, I just love it so much. Always makes me want to dance.

So is that A Cross the Universe worth getting? I like the few Justice songs I know about, so I'd be interested in getting one of their albums (even though apparently there's only two =P ).

Lets have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick!

My computer just magically downloaded Lady GaGa's new album (I blame Razz :p). I'm literally in love with it.

Bastard.

I want to give it a listen (not sure I'll like it...her lyrcis sound pretty dire)...but yeah. It's not officially out yet.

Bastard.

I want to give it a listen (not sure I'll like it...her lyrcis sound pretty dire)...but yeah. It's not officially out yet.

Her lyrics just work. There's no explanation for it, but once you listen you will see what Razz and I mean. I've fallen in love with the album already, and I'm not at the end. Oh no..I have a new obsession. :heh:

Her lyrics just work. There's no explanation for it, but once you listen you will see what Razz and I mean. I've fallen in love with the album already, and I'm not at the end. Oh no..I have a new obsession. :heh:

Woo! You finally like Lady GaGa. :grin: I was waiting for this to happen!

I agree the lyrics just work.

LET THE HYPE BEGIN! :p

Danger is one man.

Alive 2007 is great, I just love it so much. Always makes me want to dance.

So is that A Cross the Universe worth getting? I like the few Justice songs I know about, so I'd be interested in getting one of their albums (even though apparently there's only two =P ).

Worth getting but not a patch on Alive 2007.

Might be because I've seen them live 4/5 times and they virtually always play the same set.

Last.FM Best of 08!

Albums

10 - Sigur Rós - með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

9 - Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static

8 - Hot Chip - Made In The Dark

7 - Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs

6 - The Kooks - Konk

5 - The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing

4 - Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV

3 - Portishead - Third

2 - MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

1 - Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Tracks

10 - MGMT - Kids

9 - Coldplay - Strawberry Swing

8 - Coldplay - 42

7 - Katy Perry - I Kiss A Girl

6 - Coldplay - Cemeteries Of London

5 - Coldplay - Life in Technicolour

4 - MGMT - Electric Feel

3 - MGMT - Time to Pretend

2 - Coldplay - Violet Hill

1 - Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Artists

10 - Santogold

9 - Does It Offend You, Yeah?

8 - Bon Iver

7 - Foals

6 - The Last Shadow Puppets

5 - Katy Perry

4 - Fleet Foxes

3 - Sara Bareilles

2 - The Ting Tings

1 - MGMT

Agree or disagree?

I prefer everything on The Warning.

But to be honest, Hot Chip leave me alternatively hot and cold.

I prefer The Warning as a whole but Ready For The Floor just grabbed me from my dreary train ride filled with screaming children and fat people and just made me want to dance!