• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Well yes, I'd gathered that. But that's not the point, it shouldn't be any different. I've never understood why one of them is still considered so taboo whilst the other isn't paticularly anymore. I await the day for a "I Kissed a Boy" to be released, and for it to be succesful. But with the masses of homophobic chav types you get, it'll never happen.

Really? The less fortunate social class (I hate stereotyping people, and refuse to brand people by use of the word chav) in my local community are actually pretty open-minded when it comes down to sexuality. It's probably because they're influenced by a a 'senior' member of their community, who happens to be gay. In fact, if you asked someone if they'd sleep with you if you paid them, most would reply 'yes'.

Anyway, back on topic, and Mint Royale's 'singing in the rain' is the order of the day currently.

Really? The less fortunate social class (I hate stereotyping people, and refuse to brand people by use of the word chav) in my local community are actually pretty open-minded when it comes down to sexuality. It's probably because they're influenced by a a 'senior' member of their community, who happens to be gay. In fact, if you asked someone if they'd sleep with you if you paid them, most would reply 'yes'.

Anyway, back on topic, and Mint Royale's 'singing in the rain' is the order of the day currently.

I never said I described a Chav as a "less fortunate person". I describe them as the teenagers that hang around till 3am in the morning, assult people, cause general annoyance to the community etc - you realise just being "less fortunate" doesn't make them behave like this don't you?

And no, it's "cool" to be aggresively homophobic amongst people like that, always has been and always will be until people actually start doing something about it.

It's one of the greatest factors contributing to that exact behaviour, actually.

Right, ok, great...I don't get what this has to do with what I said. The kind of people I described are the exact kind of people that would be utterly disgusted if a song like that was ever released. That was it, all I was saying. I wasn't saying "Only poorer people are homophobic in that sense and would hate something like that being released" at all.

Not really. You still get the ones who act like that just because they want to feel "cool", irrelevant of whatever their families personal wealth may be.

Most Ashley's are girls, but not all girls are Ashley's. However, there are a few Ashley's who are male. (See; Our beloved admin, and that dude on Corrie)

Not really. You still get the ones who act like that just because they want to feel "cool", irrelevant of whatever their families personal wealth may be.

Most Ashley's are girls, but not all girls are Ashley's. However, there are a few Ashley's who are male. (See; Our beloved admin, and that dude on Corrie)

somewhat LIES!

"As a given name, like most surnames turned into first names, Ashley was originally used for male children, but it gained popularity as a female first name in the United States in the late 20th century...in the United Kingdom the name is still used for boys."

Its a male name here, a female name in America.

Also the name of many towns and the name of the lead character in the Evil Dead films. Thus my name literally kicks undead ass!

And in un-my-name related news Kristen Bell singing Little Mary Sunshine in dominatrixey gear. Gotta love any song that ends with "shut it bitch!" :p

LOL at the end of that.

Why haven't I heard of this movie?

Chances of anyone in the UK having heard of a Showtime TV movie that aired once... pretty slim. Awesome film though. Keep meaning to get friends round to drink and watch.

"Creeping like a communist, it's knocking at our doors

Turning all our children into hooligans and whores"

Chances of anyone in the UK having heard of a Showtime TV movie that aired once... pretty slim. Awesome film though. Keep meaning to get friends round to drink and watch.

"Creeping like a communist, it's knocking at our doors

Turning all our children into hooligans and whores"

Ah right :/ lol

Know anywhere I could get it?