N-Europe

I guess Nirvana is more of a youth developed taste. Always listened to them growing up and they have just become apart of my daily listening cycle. To me Kobain was the voice of the 90's.

And Aesop Rock is nice man, abstract hip hop ftw!

Alice in Chains IS grunge, for me. =) And Soundgarden.

And yes, sir... Abstract hip-hop for the win indeed. : peace:

I totally disagree with the OK Computer criticism, to me it is their best album and most people disagree to go against the grain. Obviously, some people just dont like it as much but to me it is a perfect album. Even songs like Lucky and Let Down you have criticised I love to death.

That's pretty much it.

I'm not criticising it, I love it. I just like Kid A and The Bends even more.

Kid A is perfect. So is Ok Computer. The Bends is great, but not on the same league as those other 2. But yeah, it's all about personal taste. :awesome:

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Avril Lavigne's next single off 'TBDT' is going to be "The Best Damn Thing" according to Sony BMG.

Woo, the songs not too bad, though it should have been "Contagious".

--

Finally managed to get hold of "Better in the Dark" by Rogue Traders (*High-fives Raining Again*), it cost me £13 though, which is a little annoying.

Avril Lavigne's next single off 'TBDT' is going to be "The Best Damn Thing" according to Sony BMG.

Woo, the songs not too bad, though it should have been "Contagious".

--

Finally managed to get hold of "Better in the Dark" by Rogue Traders (*High-fives Raining Again*), it cost me £13 though, which is a little annoying.

High five ^_^

Rogue traders are pretty awesome! The songs are soo catchy ^_^

*waits to hear about how poor my taste is*

Just remembered how good of an album Gentlemen by Afghan Whigs is. Whooo

It's a shame that Black Love and 1965 sucked so hard. Gentleman and Congregation are class albums.

listening to Daydream nation by Sonic Youth, forgotten how good it is.

That would make sense... it's Sonic Youth. Plus, it's their BEST album, so...

Speaking of Hate Crew, new Bodom album get :D

Listening now.

Is it made of win? Or is it phail again? Are they really dead yet this time?

I'm relistening to loads of old albums from years back I used to listen to.

Listened to Laundry Service by Shakira yesterday. It's actually a good album. Much better than Oral Fixation imo, less mainstream.

Listening to Mistaken Identity by Delta Goodrem. It has one of my favourite songs ever on it, Out Of The Blue. I don't know the rest very well, but I know I love her voice.

------

Got the Juno Soundtrack.

Annoyed Doll Parts by Hole isn't on it (I have it, but it would have given them more exposure).

I totally disagree with the OK Computer criticism, to me it is their best album and most people disagree to go against the grain. Obviously, some people just dont like it as much but to me it is a perfect album. Even songs like Lucky and Let Down you have criticised I love to death.

Hmm while I can appreciate that OK Computer may well be there best album, I love Kid A so much more. In fact I prefer Amnesiac as well, which is my second favourite RH album. I think How To Dissapear/Pyramid Song are two of the very best they have ever written. Then again it's very much a matter of opinion when it comes to this matter and Kid A/Amnesiac are just more my thing.

Is it made of win? Or is it phail again? Are they really dead yet this time?

Ugh, downloaded what I thought was the promo version, turned out to be some Avenged Sevenfold shite. Who would do that? It's a fucking crime.

Anyway, the first Single is pretty much more of the same as the previous two albums, pretty industrial influenced, but the neoclassical influence is more apparent than "Are You Dead Yet?" It's also nowhere near as speedy as anything from Hatebreeder or Reaper. To be honest though, I quite like it...at least it seems better than their last effort, though nothing like classic Bodom :(

So what does everyone think of Joy Division? It's a band I've heard quite a few good things about recently and they seem to be promoted in store in Zavvi at the moment. Listend to a few tracks and it sounds like quite good stuff I have to say.