NEurope

Ah, right! Dan!! Get this one right above me (13 songs) if you want a taste of what they were like when they first started, which is great because Fugazi is one those bands were you pretty much can't go wrong... but I'd advise you to start on The Argument or End Hits and work your way beyond that if you like what you hear. ^^

My favorite so far is The Messenger.

EDIT: This one:

EDIT 2:

Wow, he doesn't sing shit, live.

Ahh well, as long as he caries on being such a great composer, no problem whatsoever.

I saw him live last night, and he sung fine/well. However, I think a combinations of his ear-microphone and awful acoustics hindered some of the songs, but not vocally.

But as you say, I'd prefer he sacrificed some sound quality t obe such an amazing performer. Battle/Tristan last night = WOW. :bouncy:

some people might find this video funny. (hint: 2:10)

Edited by Dante

some people might find this video funny. (hint: 2:10)

Yeah, that was posted a few months back. There's an edited one that I found hilarious. She's really REALLY annoying in the few interviews/videos I've seen, but if she was just sans a speaking voice, her songs/videos are enjoyable enough, if you totally rubbish her claims that they are some high form of art.

awesome! Simian Mobile Disco are touring a new album late summer. Sheffield, London, Glasgow and others.

I need some summery songs to listen to whilst the weather is so nice, and whilst revising, any recommendations? So far all I have is Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say). Sounds so amazingly summery, with a video to match. Love it.

Went to see New Found Glory again last night, as expected they didn't disappoint.

I'm pretty sure you've posted that video before.

A relatively summery song:

I love how that video isn't just the song, it starts jokily.

I'm pretty sure you've posted that video before.

A relatively summery song:

...I have. It was an example of the kind of song I was looking for. But thanks for the recommendation, I really like it. Though I've heard it somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on where.

Edited by Slaggis

You might like this Haggis if you don't already have it:

Been listening to it myself quite a bit. Got a catchy beat and I like the strings at the beginning and end. Perhaps they should have been worked in more. Oh and the song ends like 25/30 secs before the time says and for some reason the guy who made the video has spliced in some advertising for another rock band so just ignore it (I did :D)

Haggis, Genius made this for me on iTunes

Eh Eh - Lady Gaga

Please Don't Leave Me - P!nk

If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears

Believe Again - Delta Goodrem

One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

Here I Come - Fergie

Now That You Got It (single mix ft. Damien Marley) - Gwen Stefani

My Delirium - LadyHawke

I Don't Need A Man - Pussycat Dolls

Breakout - Miley Cyrus

Paper Gangsta - Lady Gaga

Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner

Sneakernight - Vanessa Hidgens

Spaceman - Killers

I don't think I've ever listened to some of those songs. But seems prettt summery (and I assume you have most of them)

Been listening to it myself quite a bit. Got a catchy beat and I like the strings at the beginning and end. Perhaps they should have been worked in more. Oh and the song ends like 25/30 secs before the time says and for some reason the guy who made the video has spliced in some advertising for another rock band so just ignore it (I did :D)

Had that since the album came out in Australia in late 2007, love it to bits. If you like it, you should definitely check out the album (Hook Me Up), there's a fair few catchy tunes with a good beat on there. Especially "Hook Me Up", "Take Me On The Floor" and "Popular". It's nice they write their own stuff too, which is a change.

---

Haggis, Genius made this for me on iTunes

Eh Eh - Lady Gaga

Please Don't Leave Me - P!nk

If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears

Believe Again - Delta Goodrem

One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

Here I Come - Fergie

Now That You Got It (single mix ft. Damien Marley) - Gwen Stefani

My Delirium - LadyHawke

I Don't Need A Man - Pussycat Dolls

Breakout - Miley Cyrus

Paper Gangsta - Lady Gaga

Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner

Sneakernight - Vanessa Hidgens

Spaceman - Killers

I don't think I've ever listened to some of those songs. But seems prettt summery (and I assume you have most of them)

I have a fair few of them, yeah. But, I'd hardly call If U Seek Amy or Sneakernight (Worst song in existence, I swear) summery. But thanks anyway. :)

Edited by Slaggis

Haggis rims the Veronicas. He tried to make me too, but I refused. Untouched has so much promise, but is like a flabby pancake instead. The strings are great (love strings), but feel added, not integrated.

Haggis not that you'll probably like them but the Dexter soundtrack is summery. Well, its a mix of Spanish music and I find that summer...that and Sebastien Tellier which I find quite summery personally.

To appease you Dan Dare, I looked up SMD. I Believe specifically and I know I've heard it somewhere before but can't put my finger on where it was. It's not bad. Could easily listen to it so consider that a win on your behalf.

And I condone the inclusion of My Delirium, Paj. Love that song. One of the best on Ladyhawke's album.

I need some summery songs to listen to whilst the weather is so nice, and whilst revising, any recommendations? So far all I have is Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say). Sounds so amazingly summery, with a video to match. Love it.

Remi Nicole - Go Mr. Sunshine

Lily Allen - Mister Blue Sky

Animal Collective - Brother Sport

The Asteroid Galaxy Tour - Around the World

Steve Appleton - Dirty Funk

Little Boots - New in Town

Cut Copy - So Haunted

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

Franz Ferdinand - No you Girls

Girls Aloud - Long Hot Summer

The Go Team - Bottle Rocket

Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

Ladyhawke - Dusk till Dawn

Late of the Pier - Space and Woods

MGMT - Time to Pretend

Patrick Wolf - Accident and Emergency

Leona Lewis - Forgive Me

Miley Cyrus - Hoedown Throwdown

Vampire Weekend - A Punk

Tv On the Radio - Dancing Choose

Telepathe - So Fine

Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go

Shakira - Eyes like yours

___

That list was compiled by quickly going through my Itunes and one song per artist that I chose! :)

This has set me off to go and do a Summer Playlist properly now! :grin:

Lily Allen - Mister Blue Sky

Oh, God, please tell me that is NOT a cover of the ELO classic! :shakehead

Okay I didn't know! (just checked)

But sorry to tell you yes it is! :p

*cue raging*

*Raging*

:mad:

Have you actually listened to it?

Maybe it's absolutely brilliant, maybe it's abysmal. How can you judge? No song is untouchable. It depends on how the coverer interprets the song and does it themselves. The original isn't harmed.

In fact, the only covers tha offend me are ones that sound EXACTLY the same. Like Veronica's take on Mother Mother. They just impersonate Tracy Bonham for the whole song, virtually identical but worse, as they can't sing as well. That's just an exercise in cashing-in.

Of course I haven't listened to it, I've only just heard that it exists!

I can't listen to it now, anyway, I'm shaking from rage...

She's a fucking Londoner! ELO are from Brum! How dare she! :nono: