NEurope

@ Gothicplague - Johnny Foreigner are doing a new album?!?! I'm still delving deep into Waited Up Til It Was Light, which has to be one of the best albums I've bought in a really long time by a British act. Looking forward to hearing more new stuff then from them and hopefully the new album won't be as hard to track down as the first one and I hope the disc art is as funky as the first one. Some of the best disc art ever there. :D

@ Haggis - :shakehead I'm finding that Carlsson song very catchy. You do seem to post some catchy tunes on occasion. I hate disco stuff but I, for some reason, feel that if this was on in a club when I was there I'd probably loosen up and dance to it. Probably being the key word as I'm not a big dancer unless it's jumping around in a crowd of hundreds of people waving arms in the air and joining in the circle of death.

Oh and to clear this up, I wasn't the one looking for alternatives to Alexisonfire. It was *quick look back up the page* Gizmo. Don't think I've ever listened to Alexisonfire, at least I don't think so.

Edited by Ganepark32

New Placebo album's leaked. Fast, full, different, beautiful.

@ Haggis - :shakehead I'm finding that Carlsson song very catchy. You do seem to post some catchy tunes on occasion. I hate disco stuff but I, for some reason, feel that if this was on in a club when I was there I'd probably loosen up and dance to it. Probably being the key word as I'm not a big dancer unless it's jumping around in a crowd of hundreds of people waving arms in the air and joining in the circle of death.

Yeah, if there's a catchy tune around, I'm usually it's bitch.

You're right, it's a good club track. It was huge on the club scene before it became big on radio. Some of the remixes on the single are so damn danceable. She looks like an attractive Leona Lewis, with a similarly powerful voice. Though, I've not heard anymore of her stuff.

--

The Saturdays -Work

Rez will love this.

Edited by Slaggis

I've been listening to Empire of the Sun rather a lot lately, awesome album, I'm sure at least a few of you have heard the more familiar tracks from the album like Walking on a Dream and We are the People but what about...

Swordfish Hotkiss Night

Personally I love it, the random lyrics, catchy beat, it's got it all Imo, just pure awesome ^^' anyway just thought I'd share, so enjoy! :heh:

Patrick Wolf was amazing live. Sadly in the shittiest sound venue for acoustics, thankfully the sound was much better by a third in. Really only opener Oblivion that suffered. He was probab;y the best performer I've seen live, very flamboyant, jumping all over the AMAZINGLY intimate (bets kind, no differentiation basically between stage/aduience), along the walls, and messing with the spotlights, ending up running through the crowd high-fiving me during an immense version of Battle.

He had great banter too, as well as just being great. Sadly couldn't do Vulture as the venue was kicking him out for almost going over time, but he made a point of annoying them by restarting a song mid-way.

Blackdown and Count Of Casualty from the new album really came alive, and some songs were obviously amazing live, like Tristan and The Libertine.

@ Gothicplague - Johnny Foreigner are doing a new album?!?! I'm still delving deep into Waited Up Til It Was Light, which has to be one of the best albums I've bought in a really long time by a British act. Looking forward to hearing more new stuff then from them and hopefully the new album won't be as hard to track down as the first one and I hope the disc art is as funky as the first one. Some of the best disc art ever there. :D

Oh and to clear this up, I wasn't the one looking for alternatives to Alexisonfire. It was *quick look back up the page* Gizmo. Don't think I've ever listened to Alexisonfire, at least I don't think so.

Yeah there's even a new song called Feels Like Summer that I posted earlier in this thread but rather than make you find it I'll simply get the link again:

http://www.radarmaker.co.uk/get/johnnyforeigner/johnnyforeigner_feelslikesummer.mp3

(Don't worry mods or admins it's being released as a free download so it's alright to link to it)

Also I'd had ten bottles of Stella when I posted that I was bound to make at least one mistake.

Actually everyone listen to Thursday because they're basically the best post-hardcore band ever

Never ever repeat this type of heresy. What the fuck were you thinking?

Ok maybe a slight exaggeration and I was thinking they're one of my favourite bands.

Still, dude! I mean, you're overlooking way to many great bands on that sentence. And yeah, Thursday are ok, but c'mon, you can't seriously believe they're better than Fugazi or At The Drive-In!

mmm. At The Drive In are the fucking bomb.

OW! hit me up some Fugazi recommendations. I've got one of their albums and I've been meaning to give them more time.

Journey are the fucking shit. No better driving music has ever been made. FACT.

Don't stop believing, hold onto the feeling.

I never knew what Journey was, until I heard that famous song Don't Stop Believing. I liked it in whatever cheesy 80's film it was in, but it's no Never Gonna Stop Us by Starship, is it?

No, it's not.

'Cos Don't Stop Believing is better than that turd by miles.

From Helsinki to Vladivostok! That's how many miles.

@ Paj - Nope. It's much better than that song by Starship. I mean, it's like the greatest song ever. :D

I've spent the last week listening to Relapse....

and it's quality. thank god for that.

*Listens to song*

*No, really, he did listen. He really did.*

You have the balls to say that that is better than Don't Stop Believing?

Ah, hell no. :nono:

What's so catchy about that? What's so anthemic about it? What about it that has a better output than a song with lyrics as sing-able as "She took the midnight train going an-y-whereeee..."?

But I admire your courage to say that. When it comes to your belief on things like this: Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeliiiinnnng!

Edited by Roostophe

Hard Times is brilliant. One of the best songs of the year so far.

It takes a bit of getting used to (and it takes time to get over the Eurovision-esque violin part), but its so stunning on my ears.

What, people actually REALLY like Journey? I thought that was like a joke that only made sense inside JD's head.

Either way, wtf are you going on about? Stop it! Driving music? ZZ Top or AC DC. 'nuff said.

It's not the best song on The Bachelor, but I find it immediate and energetic.

My favorite so far is The Messenger.

EDIT: This one:

EDIT 2:

Wow, he doesn't sing shit, live.

Ahh well, as long as he caries on being such a great composer, no problem whatsoever.

Still, dude! I mean, you're overlooking way to many great bands on that sentence. And yeah, Thursday are ok, but c'mon, you can't seriously believe they're better than Fugazi or At The Drive-In!

Yeah I realised how wrong I was today when I remembered this album:

Fugazi13Songs.jpg

Such a perfect album.