NEurope

Well, I listened to !!! but just couldn't get into it. It's strange as I've heard similar and liked it but while there's a good beat underlying the likes of Must Be The Moon when it comes to the actual singing, it doesn't really fit, I feel anyway.

Anyway, first song of the day for me: Sexx Laws by Beck. Just wanted to listen to it and watch that strange as hell video. Nice way to begin the day.

Rule Number 1 Of Music

Never cover Kate Bush, or any of the Trion, unless you are ridiculously good.

n.b - Lieutenants are not part of this rule. But it's advised they remain uncovered as well.

Add Queen to that list and it is the first rule of Music. There have been many Queen covers over the years and they've all been horrible. Some covers are good but the majority are bad (see Girls Aloud and the Sugababes attempt at covering Walk This Way. That really made me angry that one).

Rule Number 1 Of Music

Never cover Kate Bush, or any of the Trion, unless you are ridiculously good.

While it's not a patch on the original, i maintain that The Futureheads take on Hounds of Love is brilliant in it's own right for taking the lyrics in a whole new direction and meaning. In fact, that's the first rule of a good cover.

While it's not a patch on the original, i maintain that The Futureheads take on Hounds of Love is brilliant in it's own right for taking the lyrics in a whole new direction and meaning. In fact, that's the first rule of a good cover.

Yeah, I do love.

But then, that's just them proving they're good. In the same way Placebo and Patrick Wolf proved they're good.

forgot to say: least you gave !!! a shot ganepark. Everyone else should too because they're amazing.

Muse - The Resistance World Tour announced:

http://www.muse.mu/

Ladies and gentlemen... start your engines. :grin:

HOLY SHIT! SO EXCITED!! MUST GET TICKETS!!! If I don't people will die

Muse - The Resistance World Tour announced:

http://www.muse.mu/

Ladies and gentlemen... start your engines. :grin:

Can't help but notice it only covers Europe. ;) :P

Not too into Muse, I can't help buth think they were just a flavour of the week kind of band. Very much like Kings of Leon, been about for ages and then burst into limelight with one album, that wasn't really that good just had a few catchy singles. Though I know loads of mates who'll be pleased about the announced shows.

You do realise they have more than one album? :P

Origin Of Symmetry is immense and their live show is amazing. I would definately see them again if I could organise it/be arsed/had funds.

Not too into Muse, I can't help buth think they were just a flavour of the week kind of band.

I thought Muse's bag is that they are the total opposite of that.

Radiohead, Muse, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos and Bjork are the artists that immediately spring to mind when someone mentions a varied live show - mostly because they all have so many albums.

Kate Bush too, but she never does live shows.

I personally have known as Muse being fairly popular and loved for many years.

I love how Alanis Morrissette arguably overuses the word "Supposed" (pronounced sup-pose-ed).

I just love all her lyrics too much.

You do realise they have more than one album? :P

Origin Of Symmetry is immense and their live show is amazing. I would definately see them again if I could organise it/be arsed/had funds.

I know they have many albums, I've even got Absolution and Origin of Symmetry. But I often find people who never heard of them before Black Holes and Revelations. Before that album they were known but no where near as popular as they've become.

Blame Razz for both of these being posted.

Missy Elliot - Pass The Dutch - The bassline to this is freaking orgasmic. It's amaaazing.

Spice Girls - Stop - I remember knowing all the moves to the chorus when I was a kid (How manly am I). God, I loved this so much. Wannabe and Say You'll Be There were brilliant too. So many memories!

Ooo, and N.E.R.D - She Wants To Move. I'd forgotten how much I loved the beat to it.

Edited by Slaggis

Stop was my first CD ever. On single. I remember getting it.

Stop was my first CD ever. On single. I remember getting it.

First ever single CD I bought was, embarassingly. Where Do You Go by No Mercy.

nomercywheredoyougo.jpg

I remember purchasing it, and then ordering a CD player (must have really liked ther song). :laughing:

My first casette is a little harder to remember, I recall purchasing a Louise album because I thought she looked fit on the cover and it was in the bargain bin. But I couldn't tell you if I bought anything before that.

Psychic City by YACHT

Already my summer anthem. Saw them on Friday, with no idea who they were, loved them (met them briefly at the end too).

This song is available for free download on Pitchfork, who gave it 9/10.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Psychic City

I love the concept of a kitchen making a cake.

----

ALSO

The Bachelor by Patrick Wolf is now out, at a BARGAIN PRICE OF £5.99 on iTunes.

Likely my favourite/best album of the year at the moment, absolutely brilliant beginning to end. Highly recommend, money well spent etc. Or just Spotify it if you're a greedy bugger. But seriously. BUY. Listen. EXPERIENCE.

Today and yesterday I've been giving Patrick Wolf a good listen. :) The Bachelor, Magic Position and Lycanthropy! :D

The Bachelor is just amazingly good. Everyone needs to listen to it! GOGOGOGO! Probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite album of the Year. Can't decide whether I prefer Grizzly Bears Veckatimist or this.

I think at the moment over all I prefer Lycanthropy kind put my finger on why though!

Today and yesterday I've been giving Patrick Wolf a good listen. :) The Bachelor, Magic Position and Lycanthropy! :D

The Bachelor is just amazingly good. Everyone needs to listen to it! GOGOGOGO! Probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite album of the Year. Can't decide whether I prefer Grizzly Bears Veckatimist or this.

I think at the moment over all I prefer Lycanthropy kind put my finger on why though!

Lycanthropy is good, but it's charming rough-around-the-edges feel also lets it down a bit (relative to his other albums). I find Wind In The Wires to be a "better version" of it, really. But To The Lighthouse is a brilliant song. And he's not yet got as insane since Childcatcher. I love Magic Position, despite it being "his worst". It's wonderfully produced, and all the songs are great.

The Bachelor is just an epic though. Part 2 (this album is technically called "The Bachelor (Battle One) ), The Conqueror is coming out next year. I wonder how that'll be.

The Sun Is Often Out kills me. So sad. About the suicide of his friend, a poet.

It is just delightful when a song you like for quite a while suddenly creeps up on you and you start to not just like it, but bloody love it.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Beautiful song. :heart::heart::heart: