NEurope

so, um...I kind of finally decided to listen to some Tori Amos. Little Earthquakes to be precise.

fuck if it isn't actually pretty good. Consider this some kind of concession that Paj might have a sort of point. By no means an amnesty for his constant blithering on, mind :heh:

Pray you listen to Under The Pink.

Haggis has this habit of sending me these songs on msn that are, as we can both admit, pretty darn horrific. But I end up getting hooked on them and having various hooks floating around my head all day. Also a lot of it ends up on my running playlist. I must say I love him for it!

EDIT: Speaking of whom, I got Tori tickets again for The Hammersmith Apollo in September, yay!

Edited by Razz

Love Like A Sunset Part 1 on the new Phoenix album is their amazing song Twenty-One One Zero...except with half the good bits taken out. How lame.

Ah well, at least I have the original. HA!

Also got the watch but that's a different matter. :heh:

Haggis has this habit of sending me these songs on msn that are, as we can both admit, pretty darn horrific. But I end up getting hooked on them and having various hooks floating around my head all day. Also a lot of it ends up on my running playlist. I must say I love him for it!

Even I'm embarassed by the latest one...but it's so amazingly catchy.

Evaaacuaaate the daance flooor! I'm infeeected! (So wish the chorus ended there).

---

This would be the song: Don't hate me. :p

I love how she looks like she's rearranging her bra throughout the entire video.

Cascada is everything I despise in music personified.

And usually I would agree, but that song is just so amazingly catchy, however atrocious it may be. It's much more electro-pop than their previous dance stuff which everyone sane grew to hate.

Edited by Slaggis

My god that Cascada song is awful, which is no real change from the normal for her. Wasn't really intending to listen to music at this time of night but after having that song plague my ears, I'm now flushing it out with some Within Temptation. Ice Queen to be precise.

*draws deep breath* ah... much better.

Haggis have you realised yet the common factor in these "oh so crap but enjoyable" songs is your ears. Clearly something is wrong in that general department.

New Phoenix album? Must remember to give it a listen tomorrow. Cheers for the heads up :)

Glastonbury line up looking pretty aces this year:

thefinalposter2m.jpg

Will be seeing the specials and Bruce Springsteen if nothing else. Spinal Tap :awesome:

Well damn; Glasto looks pretty mega this year. Hoping for some bigger bands to be announced for Reading Festival personally, though that said, the music is only half the reason for going!

wow

Neil Young, CSN and The Boss? Holy Fucking Shit!

Classic Rock-o-rama! :D

So many bands I like...!!!

Why are Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Bat For Lashes not in bigger font? That's a poignant question.

I love VV Brown having 3 goes at success.

Well shocked but happy about Glastos lineup. More bands i want to watch than expected :)

Edit: Prodigy and Blur clashing is horrible though. And potentially Gaslight Anthem and Spinal Tap :/

Edited by Davey_T

Song ID request here.

It's played in the clubs a lot. It has that melody bit then BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, in a dirty bass.

Even I'm embarassed by the latest one...but it's so amazingly catchy.

Evaaacuaaate the daance flooor! I'm infeeected! (So wish the chorus ended there).

---

This would be the song: Don't hate me. :p

that is the most shameless rip off i have ever heard

Song ID request here.

It's played in the clubs a lot. It has that melody bit then BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, in a dirty bass.

Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyes Peas? No idea really. I hate that song.

Song ID request here.

You've pretty much just described every song that is played in clubs.

Song ID request here.

It must be Infinity by Guru Josh Project. LOL.

The soundtrack to Coraline sends shivers down my spine.

Brilliant film :)

In absurd random music news of the day; McFly have arranged something with NASA. Details to follow...

McFly have arranged something with NASA. Details to follow...

Anything involving a one-way trip via a rocket into the sun? :heh: [/needless comment of the day]

Attitude rated Patrick Wolf's The Bachelor and Grizzly Bear's Veckatimest both 5/5.

Two stunning albums.