NEurope

As much as I defend/promot her other albums, Jagged Little Pill is just so damn good. Especially...

Alanis Morissette

New bloc party song is out called Talons. :)

Got my foot tapping...but once again I find myself not liking the song much, first impressions. It doesn't seem to take off at any point. Anti-climactic, if you will.

Still, Mercury has hugely grown on me. Really like it now, since I heard it live now that I think of it..

Edit: First impressions are not always the best - it's growing, it just feels like it takes too much time to build up. The first half of the song seems to..go on a bit. I had a similar problem with Maximo Park, mainly their song Our Velocity which I absolutely loved, but it just wound me up at how it seemed to end quite suddenly. Sounds like it could have gone on longer.

Got my foot tapping...but once again I find myself not liking the song much, first impressions. It doesn't seem to take off at any point. Anti-climactic, if you will.

Still, Mercury has hugely grown on me. Really like it now, since I heard it live now that I think of it..

Seconded!!! The song on the album isn't that great but when he played it live at Reading it became epic!

Santi has a few good songs, the newest album is horribly generic and only has one song worth listening to. Disappointing, Almost here.. was my guilty pleasure.

I'd have to agree with you. I love "Almost Here" - Black Mamba and Slow Down are fantastic. The newest album is utterly average, run of the mill stuff.

I'd have to agree with you. I love "Almost Here" - Black Mamba and Slow Down are fantastic. The newest album is utterly average, run of the mill stuff.

Its the same for most of the decaydance label bands. Usually good first albums, then they become over hyped cash cows and shit out crap albums from then on out.

I saw Elbow live and they weren't that impressive. I can understand why they won, but I don't think they deserved it.

I would have loved to have seen Laura Marling win, but then I think it's good that she doesn't get a massive acknowledgement so early on in her career, it will encourage her to do another, better, album.

Yeah, I think Burial should have won, but before I got the album, I would have preferred Laura Marling.

Admittedly though, Elbow were very enjoyable live (without knowing any of their stuff, bar the current single).

Of course Radiohead are great, but it's almost like they aren't allowed to win, lol!

My friend bought us tickets of my birthday to see Sébastien Tellier on the 24th of January. I am so happy. Best birthday present ever, and I didn't even have to buy it for myself!!! :yay:

That's the feeling I'm getting. I'm hoping I warm to it though.

I love The Warning.

Look After Me is just the most brilliant song.

The Warning is their best album, that's a no brainer. As for tracks... Boy From School is just too good, they'll never make anything like it.

i have spent most of my day falling in love with this will destroy you.

Haven't heard the album yet... and while the EP was pretty average Post-Rock stuff, there was this one track that really stood out in a magnificent way, which was There Are Some Remedies Worse Than the Disease.

Pretty good day today, as this came out.

I love the close ups of her at the last 1/3, I'm not took keen on the start but it may grow on me but I guess I just was hoping this could be another classic music video.

Pretty good day today, as this came out.

I love the close ups of her at the last 1/3, I'm not took keen on the start but it may grow on me but I guess I just was hoping this could be another classic music video.

The start had a good idea of the stars, as it's somewhat refelcted by the style of the third part. However, it took too long to get started, and wasn't animated enough.

The second part had some nice bits, but seemed to dull (no pun intended). Third bit was the best.

However, I wish she'd just had done one video where she was actively "in it". Like moving around and stuff.

Britney Spears new album

Britney Spears is to release her comeback album on December 2, her 27th birthday, her label has revealed.

Spears has named the album, her follow-up to last year's Blackout LP, Circus.

It will feature contributions from Swedish songwriter Max Martin and US producer Nate 'Danja' Hills, both of whom have worked with Spears previously.

The first single to be taken from the album is called 'Womanizer', it was also announced.

Wasn't her last album, "her comeback album"? It did pretty well, gave her some of her biggest hits, didn't it?

Anyway, I don't like how quick these are being pumped out...she had previously made some pretty good pop songs (In The Zone), but I can't be bothered with her, or other pop tarts, when looking for good pop nowadays.

Wasn't her last album, "her comeback album"? It did pretty well, gave her some of her biggest hits, didn't it?

Anyway, I don't like how quick these are being pumped out...she had previously made some pretty good pop songs (In The Zone), but I can't be bothered with her, or other pop tarts, when looking for good pop nowadays.

Not really, no. It had some hit singles but the album has sold far less then Spears albums usually do - this is the first album she's releasing since she finally began to get herself together and she will be doing promotion for it unlike Blackout.

No offence, but that's a bit of a crappy attitude. Blackout was a solid/good album with some pretty good tracks on it. I'd say it was one of, if not her best album. If anything, her last album was pumped out quickly to capitalise on all the publicity she was getting. Don't judge something before you've given it ago, or at least seen the reviews. Otherwise you make yourself sound a little conceited.

Plus, the song she's dancing to in the video that leaked of her dancing actually sounded rather good.

Britney Spears.. solid and good album in the same sentence. Did the LHC create some alternate universe?

No offence, but that's a bit of a crappy attitude. Blackout was a solid/good album with some pretty good tracks on it. I'd say it was one of, if not her best album. If anything, her last album was pumped out quickly to capitalise on all the publicity she was getting. Don't judge something before you've given it ago, or at least seen the reviews. Otherwise you make yourself sound a little conceited.

I have it on my iTunes, I bought it for my sister for her birthday, and so copied it. I've listened to it a fair amount...I could probably hum you most of the hooks of a lot of the songs. (lol, street cred)

Doesn't make it particularly good, just annoyingly infectious. : peace:

EDIT: I think I have In The Zone from her otherwise, and it's far better.

Sugababes new video - Girls

Finally, a Sugababes song I like again. I LOVED Angels With Dirty Faces and then I feel they tailed off from there. It's better than Girls Aloud New single, from what I've heard so far anyway.

got death magnetic the other day and im actually pleasantly surprised as a few people seemed to have dissed it. overall it seems quite good so far, not quite sure on unforgiven 3 at the mo however.

Which are the best Nine Inch Nails albums? My friend recommended them to me but they have so many albums I don't wanna download them all at once.

I'm totally into Miyavi atm (If you couldn't tell...)

I totally came onto the scene about a year too late, but he's awesome :D

Which are the best Nine Inch Nails albums? My friend recommended them to me but they have so many albums I don't wanna download them all at once.

I don't thave them all, only 3 (2 plus a long EP), but Broken is fucking amazing. (That's the 8 track EP)

I think The Downward Spiral is the one that's considered a fave by a lot of people.

Downward spiral. And Pretty Hate Machine, too... but Downward Spiral wins the prize.

Ignore that, Pretty hate machine quite sucks... I meant Broken. lol.

But yeah, The Downward Spiral.