NEurope

Kid A is an amazing album, but then everything radiohead is pretty much amazing.

I don't have Pablo Honey or Hail To The Thief and the only one of the 4 I have that hasn't clicked yet is OK Computer. I just don't love it yet.

The rest are amazing. In particular The Bends.

At first I wasn't so keen on OK Computer, and didn't get the hype. I mean I liked them, but didn't see why people were putting it above the others as favourite.

I do now though.

Also, get HttT now. Best of the lot imo. Although it's somewhat like OK Computer, in that it takes a while to get into.

At first I wasn't so keen on OK Computer, and didn't get the hype. I mean I liked them, but didn't see why people were putting it above the others as favourite.

I do now though.

Also, get HttT now. Best of the lot imo. Although it's somewhat like OK Computer, in that it takes a while to get into.

It feels funnier staggering getting the albums though. The only one I feel I really know is In Rainbows, and The Bends is coming close, but loads of the songs still drift into one for me.

I like knowing albums.

@ Dog-amoto - I couldn't be hard for Death Magnetic to be much better than St. Anger. That album was awful. And it was all because they went with that producer guy. What's his name again? argh.... he was responsible for producing the new Offspring album as well. Something Rock. Anyway, he has a way of ruining albums. Looking forward to Death Magnetic though. Been getting back into listening to Metallica lately.

Anyway, I haven't bought any CDs in ages. Must really go and do so. I still need to pick up My Winter Storm by Tarja Turunen and Supernatural by Santana. Just been listening to my older albums. More Santana and for some reason Creed. :wtf:

@ Dog-amoto - I couldn't be hard for Death Magnetic to be much better than St. Anger. That album was awful. And it was all because they went with that producer guy. What's his name again? argh.... he was responsible for producing the new Offspring album as well. Something Rock. Anyway, he has a way of ruining albums. Looking forward to Death Magnetic though. Been getting back into listening to Metallica lately.

Bob Rock. He produced all their albums from the Black Album to St Anger so you cant really say that because those albums werent half as bad as St Anger. I know theyre nothing compared to the older stuff though. He just influenced their sound too much on St Anger so now theyre with Rick Rubin :)

Rubin is fucking wicked. The 4 albums he did with Jonny Cash are some of my favourites.

rick rubin is a pieve of genius in human form. so many of my absolute favourite albums were produced by him. He is the one reason I have not written death magnetic off already. Although iirc he did also do stadium arcadium, so maybe he's lost the touch...

I'm loving the AceK Remix of "I Kissed a Girl" - it's so odd actually hearing Katy Perry sound like an actual woman and not a drag queen half the time. I would love to hear this in a club, would be fantastic. This is the guy that did the "Take Me On The Floor" Remix I linked earlier in the thread.

I fail to see how The Ting Tings got signed. For one she's barely above speaking and she also has a really grating voice.

That is all.

Because it's great pap you mean. Not even her vagina is worth listening to, it most likely sounds as dull and irrelevant as her music. And it probably doesn't look much better.

Am lovin' Black Stone Cherry's new album at the moment.

Good, old fashioned, no nonsense rock

I like the 3 singles by Ting Tings, but they get old quick. I think I'm seeing them next month, see how that goes.

---

Sometimes when I hear Uninvited by The Freemasons, it makes me sad that the average teen has only ever bee nexposed to it's blandness, when they should be listening to the amazing original. I actually get saddened by it. But then, I jizz over pictures of Alanis' face.

Uninvited - Alanis Morissette

I'm going for something totally new and letting out my musical frustration by listening to Crystal Castles. They're fucking insane.

I'm going for something totally new and letting out my musical frustration by listening to Crystal Castles. They're fucking insane.

You hadn't listened to them before? They win me.

---

I can't decide how much I like Noah And The Whale. I love songs like 5 Years Time, and the fact Laura Marling is backing vocalist makes them 10x better for me, but often the guys voice drags on ever so slightly. I dunno. I'm still listening to it, so I must like it!

I've always tried to dislike Kylie Minogue's music. I'm not sure why, I mean when "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" came out I loved it, but I've always made a conscious choice not to listen to her.

I was utterly bored tonight, so I changed my mind and went on youtube in search of some of her videos from Fever to her latest. Most the singles are "Meh" to "Good" but I'm in love with "Slow". I remember loathing it when it was released, but wow - from the video to the track itself it's brilliant.

Kylie Minogue has some very good pop songs. Slow is one of the best, but Chocolate is my favourite. Also In Your Eyes is good too.

It's just like stepping into a dream, it's beautiful, the melody does me in.

----

The awesome Tricky jokingly covered Slow for his last album too.

You hadn't listened to them before? They win me.

I actually saw them live last Sunday at Reading Fest after a recommendation from a friend, a pleasant surprise I must say.

I actually saw them live last Sunday at Reading Fest after a recommendation from a friend, a pleasant surprise I must say.

You saw them at reading? :o

AWESOME. : peace:

Damn, Zero from B'Z is freaking amazing. I like these guys more and more each day.

Oh.

My.

God.

I went to the last day of the Hydro Connect Festival yesterday evening, and met up with Chair and other friends. One of the greatest music experiences of my life.

Elbow (hated the sound of what I heard before seeing them live...great fun, but not my kinda thing)

Goldfrapp = One of the 2 bands I specifically wanted to see, and they were stupendous. Great!.

However, Sigur Ros was probably the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life, whilst also hearing it. I'm not a fanboy, I just like them, but NOTHING compares to this. Not even the Bjork show (more emotional attachment), but this was ecstacy. Amazing. Never lagged, just a dreamsoundscape of beauty and anger and awesome and love.

If they are anywhere near you playing, It will be worth almost anything to go and see them. I'm still reeling from it.

Absolutely unspeakably unbelievably terrific. The greatest thing I've ever been to, ever.

New Mogwai is out, guys. I know a few of you follow them, ear wise.

I bought Come On Die Young, and was left ever so slightly cold. I've listened to it a couple of times, but I dunno.

Get Mr.Beast. It's way better, and may just blow your face off. The Hawk Is Howling is, so far, on a par with that one.