NEurope

He was also the worse of the two, the blonde guy had a great voice, just had bad songs, and in the final he was over shadowed by his co singer.

CURSE LEON! CURSE LEONA LEWIS! CURSE BLEEDING LOVE

Bjork.

I want, what are her best albums? I've been told to stay away from Volta.

Leon?

Meh, he won't get anywhere, he is like a bad version of Ray Quin.

Not possible. Ray Quin made me want to throw up, I couldn't stand him. Then again, this years XFactor sort of sucked anyway.

Bjork.

I want, what are her best albums? I've been told to stay away from Volta.

Volta is absolutely amazing.

It takes about 6 months to actually realise that it is awesome though.

If you can't be bothered buying her first 5 albums, get Greatest Hits. That's got all the essentials.

In fact I'll do a quick review of each of her albums.

Debut

Great album, and is probably the most mainstream. It also features one of my favourite songs of hers, "Play Dead".

Highlights: Human Behaviour, Venus As A Boy, Big Time Sensuality, Violently Happy, The Anchor Song (just plain quirky - epitomises Bjork), Play Dead.

Another great album, and is not too crazy unlike her following albums. It's quite dancy aswell. I'd recommend getting this first, but that's probably because it's the first I listened to. It has her most famous song "It's Oh So Quiet" on it too, but it's far from her best.

Highlights: Army of Me, Hyper-Ballad, I Miss You, Headphones (for the lulz)

Homogenic

Definetly her best album. It just works so well as a whole. Every song has it's place.

Highlights: Hunter, Joga, All Neon Like, Immature, Alarm Call, Pluto, All Is Full Of Love

Vespertine

Get this if you like classical music. The most pleasing to the ears of all her albums. Features Pagan Poetry, another of my favourites.

Highlights: Hidden Place, Pagan Poetry, Aurora, Unison

Medulla

The most crazy. Recorded with no instruments, only the human voice. This idea works on some of the songs, but others you just think it would be so much better if she just used instruments. I wouldn't recommend it, it's technically the worst.

Highlights: Where is the line?, Ancestors, Truimph of a Heart

Volta

My favourite album. Some people don't like it though. Features "Declare Independance" which the music guru in my year at school hailed "like the best dance song since they started recording music", he's a bit like The Bard (always calls everything shit) lol.

Highlights: Innocence, The Dull Flame of Desire, Wanderlust, Hope, Declare Independance.

Basically, get The Greatest Hits, Homogenic (or Vespertine if you like classical/calm music) and Volta.

Theres also other albums like "The Music from Drawing Restraint 9" but I can't be arsed going into them, partially because I haven't listened to them enough to have a real opinion.

Something in the above post reminded me of the Mars Volta. Like the best band ever. They'll make you horny.

Thats another band I've heard good things about but have not listened to yet.

Thanks for that chairdriver, amazon and play don't seem to have the her greatest hits in stock but cdwow did so I might just get if from there. The only thing is I'm not too keen on buying greatest hits as usally there are always some gems that are missed or I just prefer the songs that wern't popular on albums. However if I see one of them during the sales cheap when I'm in town no doubt I'll buy it on a impluse. Pagan Poetry is awesome, I just can't watch the video.

Volta is absolutely amazing.

It takes about 6 months to actually realise that it is awesome though.

If you can't be bothered buying her first 5 albums, get Greatest Hits. That's got all the essentials.

In fact I'll do a quick review of each of her albums.

Debut

Great album, and is probably the most mainstream. It also features one of my favourite songs of hers, "Play Dead".

Highlights: Human Behaviour, Venus As A Boy, Big Time Sensuality, Violently Happy, The Anchor Song (just plain quirky - epitomises Bjork), Play Dead.

Another great album, and is not too crazy unlike her following albums. It's quite dancy aswell. I'd recommend getting this first, but that's probably because it's the first I listened to. It has her most famous song "It's Oh So Quiet" on it too, but it's far from her best.

Highlights: Army of Me, Hyper-Ballad, I Miss You, Headphones (for the lulz)

Homogenic

Definetly her best album. It just works so well as a whole. Every song has it's place.

Highlights: Hunter, Joga, All Neon Like, Immature, Alarm Call, Pluto, All Is Full Of Love

Vespertine

Get this if you like classical music. The most pleasing to the ears of all her albums. Features Pagan Poetry, another of my favourites.

Highlights: Hidden Place, Pagan Poetry, Aurora, Unison

Medulla

The most crazy. Recorded with no instruments, only the human voice. This idea works on some of the songs, but others you just think it would be so much better if she just used instruments. I wouldn't recommend it, it's technically the worst.

Highlights: Where is the line?, Ancestors, Truimph of a Heart

Volta

My favourite album. Some people don't like it though. Features "Declare Independance" which the music guru in my year at school hailed "like the best dance song since they started recording music", he's a bit like The Bard (always calls everything shit) lol.

Highlights: Innocence, The Dull Flame of Desire, Wanderlust, Hope, Declare Independance.

Basically, get The Greatest Hits, Homogenic (or Vespertine if you like classical/calm music) and Volta.

Theres also other albums like "The Music from Drawing Restraint 9" but I can't be arsed going into them, partially because I haven't listened to them enough to have a real opinion.

Wow... I agree 99.5%. Like, Homogenic is totally her best album, and you're the only one who agrees with me!

And about those 0.5%, how could you forget to highlight Possibly Maybe? It's the best song from post! :D

Argh, I can't get Misery Business and CrushCrushCrush out of my head! Damn Paramore! Damn them!

*Starts humming/Kills self*

Well, if you don't wanna know other peoples opinion on it, why the fuck would you post it on a forum??? :indeed:

That exception applies to everything.

AshMat, my dear, no matter how hard you opinionate otherwise, The Beatles will always be superior to Blink-182. Always. No opinion in the world can change that. That, my dear, is called quality. There is such a thing as bad music... And therefore, the contrary must also exist. The fact that you people choose to ignore that in order to live comfortably with your won foul taste is a totally different story.

Actually... My dad is one of the biggest Beatles fans in Trondheim, if not Norway. And I've grown up listening to The Beatles nearly every day, learning to love the songs and know them. But when I was like 9 years old. I discovered the band blink-182 and from that day on, they have been my favourite band of all-time. In MY opinion blink-182 were a way better band than The Beatles. No "quality" or whatever can change that.

And sorry for replying to such an old post, I just found it funny that you mentioned those two bands (and you misspelled blink-182 btw. No biggie though =P)

Actually... My dad is one of the biggest Beatles fans in Trondheim, if not Norway. And I've grown up listening to The Beatles nearly every day, learning to love the songs and know them. But when I was like 9 years old. I discovered the band blink-182 and from that day on, they have been my favourite band of all-time. In MY opinion blink-182 were a way better band than The Beatles. No "quality" or whatever can change that.

And sorry for replying to such an old post, I just found it funny that you mentioned those two bands (and you misspelled blink-182 btw. No biggie though =P)

As you put it so well, that's your opinion. Opinions are irrelevant to the truth.

My sister got me White Chalk by PJ Harvey for Christmas, and I'm just listening to it now.

It's quite weird that she got it though, because Paj Meen Ah (my best friend) is obsessed with it, and my sister said she only bought it because she asked the store attendant for a new "alternative female vocalist" which they could recommend, and they recommended it. So yeah, weird coincidence.

Rappers Delight may well be the best song ever.

(well not... but awesome all the same)

Argh, I can't get Misery Business and CrushCrushCrush out of my head! Damn Paramore! Damn them!

*Starts humming/Kills self*

Aaaaah!

Ditto! XD

....they taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, your little spies....

Aaaaah!

Ditto! XD

....they taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, your little spies....

Woo, I'm not alone!

Though I read "....they taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, your little spies...." at the exact time it was coming out of my speakers. Freaky!

I think I'm going to have to buy the album.:)

Woo, I'm not alone!

Though I read "....they taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, your little spies...." at the exact time it was coming out of my speakers. Freaky!

I think I'm going to have to buy the album.:)

Hahaha Freaky! It is awesome tho, serioously. "Let the Flames Begin" is also an awesome song on the album.

Go

Buyyyy!

<3

I love Misery Business, one of the songs of the year imo. I love Fences and Let the Flames begin, they're the best songs on the album. Have you got their first album aswell? If so, is it any good?

I love Misery Business, one of the songs of the year imo. I love Fences and Let the Flames begin, they're the best songs on the album. Have you got their first album aswell? If so, is it any good?

No I don't I bought the album on impulse, totally new to me, may have to go and ...source... their old one at some point. =D

No I don't I bought the album on impulse, totally new to me, may have to go and ...source... their old one at some point. =D

Haha! I've heard it's a different style to Riot. I've only heard one track, "Whoa" and it was pretty good, but did sound a little different. I think their older ones a little more rock whereas Riots more Rock/Pop. I'm probably talking out of my arse here btw.:p

I really don't like Riot!.

I bought it on impulse, and I wasn't really impressed.

Lol, says he, the man with Riot! in his sig. I don't know how I've played it so much, but I don't actively choose to listen to it lol.

I really don't like Riot!.

I bought it on impulse, and I wasn't really impressed.

Lol, says he, the man with Riot! in his sig. I don't know how I've played it so much, but I don't actively choose to listen to it lol.

lol! I do that. I leave itunes on random, turn the music down and don't realise what I'm listening to while I'm busy doing something.:)

Anyhoo, What don't you like about it?