NEurope

Nevermore... well, they're fantastic, but his voice really is somewhat dificcult to get used to. Try listening to the song "

", it helped me fall in love with his voice... it's so powerfull in the chorus. It's the first track out of This Godless Endeavor.

Yass finally I have been able to rip my cd's, copying them over to my external HDD as I type...

Also being the geek I am found it quite amusing that my total overall for Bjork would be 1337 plays on last.fm. Easily entertained I am.

Three should be a

"Best of generic Indie band riding off the success of Arctic monkeys and other similar bands" CD.

Shite including

Scouting for girls

The Wombats

The Hoosiers

The Kooks

Please, add more.

They do not deserve to be in that list. They're a brilliant little indie pop band.

Three should be a

"Best of generic Indie band riding off the success of Arctic monkeys and other similar bands" CD.

Shite including

Scouting for girls

The Wombats

The Hoosiers

The Kooks

Please, add more.

May aswell add Cobra Starship, Editors and Linkin park to that list aswell.

I kid, I kid

Three should be a

Shite including

Scouting for girls

The Wombats

The Hoosiers

The Kooks

Please, add more.

I think all of these bands are in there own league of badness, and arctic monkeys are actually above them. Only slightly. God i hate what has now become pop music. The hoosiers suck so many balls its untrue,. I would rather East 17 were popular again.

Yass finally I have been able to rip my cd's, copying them over to my external HDD as I type...

Also being the geek I am found it quite amusing that my total overall for Bjork would be 1337 plays on last.fm. Easily entertained I am.

3,028. :smile:

http://www.last.fm/user/dodoriazarbon

No they aren't. Listen to when he sings that "my old friend" line... it's Ian Curtis.

Bah, that's just one line :P I could pick a line sung by Barry white that makes him sound like little bo peep, doesn't mean the influence is overbearing. And besides, bands like Joy Division influenced entire generations of artists. If you ask me, The Bravery are far too happy to be seriously comparing themselves to Curtis & co :)

My last.fm is http://www.last.fm/user/jayseven/ ... It never gets updated, really :P Barely listen to music on my 'pooter as teh speaker's shit. Don't walk many places by myself so I don't get the chance to listen to much music at all... My 'chart' is accurate to my musical tastes from two years ago, at least. Zebrahead, especially, is from a couple of years earlier. As you can see, it's emo :( My top four most-played tracks are awesome, though :D

Bah, that's just one line :P I could pick a line sung by Barry white that makes him sound like little bo peep, doesn't mean the influence is overbearing. And besides, bands like Joy Division influenced entire generations of artists. If you ask me, The Bravery are far too happy to be seriously comparing themselves to Curtis & co :)

Well duh... I was only saying, the singer does emulate Ian quite well. It's not just that one line, there are several lines, that one just happens to be the most poignant.

Fair doos! :)

After my previous post I decided to whip my iPod out, got some Dandy Warhols going, intermixed with mewithoutYou (of course)... Right nice way to start the day. Must do again.

A Bird In Hand by Cerys Matthews = the most awesome feel-good song ever

I've just realised how little male voices I actually like.

I like:

Paulo Nutini

Anthony Kiedis

Antony Heggarty (His voice is so unique)

And I'm struggling to think of more. (There are probably more, but I can't think of them right now)

I don't know exactly why, but the female voice appeals to me so much more than the male voice.

Three should be a

Shite including

Scouting for girls

The Wombats

The Hoosiers

The Kooks

Please, add more.

Totally agree with this but I do like the arctic monkeys for the ok spikey 'punky' band they are with some clever lyrics IMO. However as usual with music the generic copyist rubbish that followed (happens all the time in music) was reliabley (sp?) awful.

A Bird In Hand by Cerys Matthews = the most awesome feel-good song ever

I've just realised how little male voices I actually like.

I like:

Paulo Nutini

Anthony Kiedis

Antony Heggarty (His voice is so unique)

And I'm struggling to think of more. (There are probably more, but I can't think of them right now)

I don't know exactly why, but the female voice appeals to me so much more than the male voice.

For me its the other way round I just cant get away with female singers a lot of the time, I like some female vocals sometimes but there not really appealing to me mostly (dont know why).

My favourite vocalists are Billy Corgan, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland and Thom Yorke.

The Kooks? Don't you just want to stab someone as soon as you hear that crappy fake sounding accent on the radio? Them, Scouting for Girls and Arctic Monkeys make me want to scream bloody murder. (*Realises he is being a complete hypocrit for having some artic monkey songs scrobbled on last.fm* - I would fob you off with an excuse, but I don't have one. :p)

I find it pretty ironic that I hate the spoken Glaswegian accent, but Paolo Nutini and Amy Macdonald are some of my favourite vocalists - both from Glasgow.

41BxvHoRfPL._SS500_.jpg

Just got Sia's new album. :D wow her voice pwns

I need that. I love her baby face.

I agree that I prefer female vocals most of the time. They just can convey a wider spectrum of emotions, and one Tori Amos or Bjork is worht a dozen typical male voices.

There are of course exceptions.

Highest played male singers on last.fm;

My Chemical Romance

Darren hayes

Placebo

30 Seconds To Mars

The Killers

Patrick Wolf

Fightstar

White Stripes

Jeff Buckley > any female vocalist

This is true.

Although I do like a bit of the Imogen Heap/ Regina Spektor, female vocalists just ain't ma thang.

Oh come on, Lydia Lunch is far better than Jeff Buckley. And that's just one female singer who's better than the man.

Someone confirm for me that that was just said and I'm not reading things :|

Oh come on, Lydia Lunch is far better than Jeff Buckley. And that's just one female singer who's better than the man.

I like you. You're