NEurope

No, I thought it would sound sarky, but it wasn't intended to. It was just a statement. :heart:

Can you bitchslap the people who arent pisting on Pokequest though?

[Off topic]

Its Christmas though, to be fair.

[/Off topic]

Music. In the Amazon three download thing, I obtained Gabriella Clemi is it? Yeah I got her album. Winz.

[Off topic]

Its Christmas though, to be fair.

[/Off topic]

Music. In the Amazon three download thing, I obtained Gabriella Clemi is it? Yeah I got her album. Winz.

Cilmi.

As in; Kill Me.

I understand that by saying this I am in for an absolute world of pain and abuse...but....N-Dubz album isn't that bad...I quite like some of it....

*Runs like a kid runs from me*

Spenno:

Will be on the download there, really liked it. Sounds quite a bit like Explosions in the Sky which can only be good...

Tori Amos

Bjork

Madonna.

I LOL'd. 10characters..

After Music Warz 1 is over, I'm thinking of doign Music Warz 2 at some point afterwards.

Of course, no tracks from before allowed, but I thought maybe even no ARTISTS from the first allowed would be more interesting.

Only if people like listening to stuff they might not be inclined to normally though and stuff.

I had a rather silly idea for a Music Warz with only songs from the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games.

I thought it sounded good in my head, but I'd probably have to choose all the tracks myself, as I don't think that many people here have played those games, so they wouldn't really know what songs to choose.

Right after listening to Ride The Lightning again today i've realised i actually like it a lot more than ...And Justice For All. I mean both are great but Fade To Black, Call of Ktulu, Ride The Lightning, Trapped Under Ice and Fight Fire with Fire are all brilliant. Fade to black especially though, one of their best.

On a side note, Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon...how on earth can they write a song called that...i mean, LOOK at them, as if they've even had sex. Eugh i didn't mind it so much but customers kept putting it on today at work when sampling some BOSE speakers eugh :(

On a side note, Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon...how on earth can they write a song called that...i mean, LOOK at them, as if they've even had sex. Eugh i didn't mind it so much but customers kept putting it on today at work when sampling some BOSE speakers eugh :(

Haha. :laughing:

First off: I think they might have had a bit of poontang. All the girls on YouTube can be seen in the comments talking about how much they'd like to sex up the singer.

Second: While it's a good song; their other songs like Use Somebody, and most of their back catalogue, are much better. :indeed:

Second: While it's a good song; their other songs like Use Somebody, and most of their back catalogue, are much better. :indeed:

Indeed, while I quite like Sex on Fire, Use Somebody is better and while I quite like the rest of the album it's still just below par compared to the rest of their albums, but damn, they've still managed to produce yet another decent album despite it's shortcomings.

So people...

Single of the year?

Album of the year?

(No idea if this has been done in the thread in the past few weeks, my memory fails me)

I had a rather silly idea for a Music Warz with only songs from the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games.

I thought it sounded good in my head, but I'd probably have to choose all the tracks myself, as I don't think that many people here have played those games, so they wouldn't really know what songs to choose.

Too restricted too. Though I know that they actualy contain a big variety of songs that are pretty different, it's not the clash of genres that I like. :smile:

Maybe themed (smaller) ones? Like Msic Warz 90's or 80's. Or Music Warz Big Soppy Ballads. :heh:

Single of the year?

MGMT - Kids

Album of the year?

Silversun Pickups - Carnavas

Maybe themed (smaller) ones? Like Msic Warz 90's or 80's. Or Music Warz Big Soppy Ballads. :heh:

I had a thought that you could maybe do a Music Warz - Game Music or even... a film themed one and you could call it Music Warz II - Judgement Day, or something... >>

So people...

Single of the year?

Album of the year?

(No idea if this has been done in the thread in the past few weeks, my memory fails me)

Album of the year for me would be We Ate the Machine by Polysics. Favourite single? Too many good stuff this year to pick from.

I can't stop listening to Polysics!

I mean look at them, so awesome:

They also really got me into Devo.

I mean look at them, so awesome:

So people...

Single of the year?

Album of the year?

Album has got to be Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold or Funeral for a Friend - Memory and Humanity.

Single of the year?

"The Rip" - Portishead

Album of the year?

"Third" - Portishead and "Alas I Cannot Swim" - Laura Marling tied.

I had a thought that you could maybe do a Music Warz - Game Music or even... a film themed one and you could call it Music Warz II - Judgement Day, or something... >>

Not too keen on a game music one, personally. But movie tunes would be great actually! Either themes from the score or the "theme" songs of movies. :)

Single Of The Year

Throw up between:

L.E.S. Artistes - Santogold

Disturbia - Rihanna

Falling Down - Scarlett Johansson

Number 24 - Polly Scattergood

Night Terror - Laura Marling

Gospel With No Lord - Camille

Album Of The Year

Candidates:

Midnight Boom - The Kills

Music Hole - Camille

Alas, I Cannot Swim - Laura Marling.

Camille should win, since the highlighted letters on the front of Music Hole spell out LOL.

Camille should win, since the highlighted letters on the front of Music Hole spell out LOL.

I just love Music Hole so much.

Just a massive joke. Like, slagging off Mariah Carey and at the same time singing way better than her, with literally no effort put in.

I cannot sing Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie's praises more.

The lyrics are so amazing.

One of my favourite lyrics ever, from The Couch:

"You are wise, you are warm, you are courageous, you are big.

And I love you more now than I ever have in my whole life."

The word "big" in the song is my favourite use of a word ever. So uncliched. Like, literally a word you'd never think to describe someone - yet it fits so well. Someone you love is big in your life.

I love it.

I can't tell if that's intentional or not..

I read an interview where Camille said it was intentional.

camille.jpg

Camille does tell so many jokes, in such a good way, so frequently, it's only to be expected.

Music Warz 80's would be brilliant.

--

The single of the year for me would probably have to be I Kissed a Girl. I actually love Hot n Cold more, but for about a month I was addicted to Kissed a Girl. Any other song just sounded old and boring. It's obviously not "the best" single of the year - but it's still mine. (Plus, unlike most people I actually still love it) :)

Album of the year? I know it's not out here yet, but Lady GaGa - The Fame. So glad she's been added to the BBC Sound list for next year. "Just Dance" is fantastic, and some of her lyrics are rather amusing without feeling like she's forced it. You can tell that's just her style of writing.

Hmm just bought a single now which is pretty rare (usually just buy albums). Listen to my Friends by New Found Glory, guess its one of their tracks from their album out next year.

I cannot sing Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie's praises more.

The lyrics are so amazing.

One of my favourite lyrics ever, from The Couch:

"You are wise, you are warm, you are courageous, you are big.

And I love you more now than I ever have in my whole life."

The word "big" in the song is my favourite use of a word ever. So uncliched. Like, literally a word you'd never think to describe someone - yet it fits so well. Someone you love is big in your life.

That kidna thing is my favourite type of lyric. It feels unsettlingly human. (as you said) You can't ignore it, because it sounds real.

Also notable;

"Can you imagine I pay him 75 dollars an hour? Sometimes

it feels like highway robbery

and sometimes it's peanuts...

I wish it could last a couple more hours."

The transition from confident conversation to painful inner thoughts is amazing. (The fact there basically is no audible one in the song)

SFIJ is literally way better than Jagged Little Pill, I warn all of you who are naive.

Money Note - Camille

I love.