NEurope

No I agree, Muse were far from broken before, during OOS they were firing on all four cylinders, ever since then they've still been pretty decent on the whole but each subsequent album has never lived up to their sophomore effort and probably never will, it's something that happens to a lot of bands but it doesn't stop them from being really enjoyable. :)

"I got them from one of those book stores that had a cafe section but is now just a cafe. Its like evolution, but without the getting better part."

Just reminded of that. If the albums were released the other way (ie this being the first and they work their way to whatever the name of the first one is, slips my mind) it would be fine. In fact it would be a great progress but as it stands its just spiraling out of control.

Kinda reminds me of Scrubs, how that got really muddled around seasons 5-7 but then they apparently actually sat down and really thought about what the hell they were doing and 8 was pretty good. It seems like Muse are kinda...mucking around. Like "hey, wouldn't it be fun if we did something a bit like Queen?" and yeah, it would be but its not a very good song. Hell, from what I remember it wouldn't even be a good B-side.

But alas, they'll go on and make money while I'll sit here broke :heh:

I found out the other day that I work with the singer from Harlequin. They're a bigish local band and are actually not that bad.

Plus they're easy on the eye, which helps.

Mercury music prize WTF???????????

Bound to happen after Elbow won it last year. But damn so many good bands nominated like bat for lashes, florence and the machine, friendly fires, glasvegas, kasabian and even la roux but no that shit ends up winning it? damn

Muse - The Resistance has leaked. Sounds absolutely dogga so far.

Somewhere Stuwii just exploded.

Bound to happen after Elbow won it last year. But damn so many good bands nominated like bat for lashes, florence and the machine, friendly fires, glasvegas, kasabian and even la roux but no that shit ends up winning it? damn

I thought Speech Therapy was pretty good actually.

And it was suspected one of the lesser ones would win, too many famousies have won lately.

I thought Speech Therapy was pretty good actually.

And it was suspected one of the lesser ones would win, too many famousies have won lately.

Hmm I gave Better Days a listen when I saw it was imbedded in the news article anyway, I wasn't that impressed by it but it wasn't terrible either, just not you know 'amazing' anyway...

This isn't so bad, it means that Florence, La Roux etc will try even harder for the prize next time and hopefully both produce stunning sophomore albums :) as for Speech Debelle who knows? could go either way after this.

When Elbow won the Mercury Prize last year I was actually pretty happy because their earlier sophomore album was deserving of it I thought but would have never got a look in but now on their fourth album they became better known and while their fourth isn't their best I just view it as the prize is for their contribution to music overall because a lot of people will have maybe bought their latest album and checked out their better earlier albums anyway which are still pretty cheap on Play.com btw for anyone interested.

---------------------------------------------------

I quite like that - presumably new - track from Modest Mouse :) I bought their last album and rather enjoyed it, I love the fact that the lead singer looks borderline insane in the live performance, because he always sounds it and that's most definitely a good thing. :heh:

Edited by S.C.G

Holy shit new muse album is <3

Good to hear :) this means I'm going to enjoy it at the very least, got any highlights from the album Twozzok?

Good to hear :) this means I'm going to enjoy it at the very least, got any highlights from the album Twozzok?

Tracks 1 to 7 are highlights. I love them. Not fond of the rest of the album.

I'm onto track 8, where it got a bit slow, but then the clarinet came in and now it is back to fuckingawesome++ Also track 5 was different, but will probably grow on me.

On first listen, Unnatural Selection stands out as a great track. The rest sounds good initially at least, though Exogenesis failed to grab me as I had hoped.

Exogenesis has one problem- NOT A SONG it is a beautiful piece of music not a rock classical piece. A letdown a real real letdown. But everything else exceeded expectations

Exogenesis has one problem- NOT A SONG it is a beautiful piece of music not a rock classical piece. A letdown a real real letdown. But everything else exceeded expectations

They could have recorded Matt Bellamy shitting out of his mouth and you'd still get a raging boner over it.

Sorry I am an idiot- Exogenesis is the best thing I have ever heard and may ever hear. I just clicked it, if you don't love this you are an idiot

I am "this" close to infractioning you for that statement. You absolutely cannot decide someone is an idiot if they do not love something. If anything it only proves your own idiocy.

I am "this" close to infractioning you for that statement. You absolutely cannot decide someone is an idiot if they do not love something. If anything it only proves your own idiocy.

How many times have I been called an idiot-oui?

Judging from your blinded statement that anyone who doesn't love a song is an idiot perhaps not enough for it to make an impact upon your judgement of the nature of individual tastes.

I completely agree. I was really interested this year what with so many great albums, and then that wins :S Im partly bitter because I lost a massive £3 on it though.

In other news, as they seem to be widely loved in this forum, TEGAN AND SARA TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!!!! I have 2, so excited :D No idea how we're gonna get back from Manchester to Leeds yet but there we go...

Oh yeah and Stuwii. Seriously. Give it a rest. Your making me dislike Muse.

Back to an interesting topic, the Mercury, I feel most sorry for Bat For Lashes.

She COULD pull a PJ Harvey and be third time lucky (3 nominations, winning the third one), but It would be hard.

I'm just happy the Invisible didn't win.

I completely agree. I was really interested this year what with so many great albums, and then that wins :S Im partly bitter because I lost a massive £3 on it though.

In other news, as they seem to be widely loved in this forum, TEGAN AND SARA TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!!!! I have 2, so excited :D No idea how we're gonna get back from Manchester to Leeds yet but there we go...

I'm shaking in my boots, because I'll be in Oxford when they tour, and can't exactly buy tickets, because I have no idea how I'd get to the venue in London, and whether it would be plausible for my schedule.

Couldn't you buy tickets and try and schedule it in and if its not going to happen sell (as opposed to tout) if you can't?