N-Europe

Within this thread:

2uy4y9x.jpg

w1p7i1.jpg

Which means 1% of all posts in this thread are you talking about Bjork :heh:

(although I don't really care that much as I'm used to the nature of this thread now, but stats are always nice)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Sorry, that single post about her must have really annoyed you to skip. I'm pretty sure I've not gone about her for almsot a year or something.

Something hasn't been said for a year, and therefore needs to be said?

It's not "I love you" to your partner. It's boring, pretentious dross which boils down to you drooling over the same artist and album over and over. I don't mention how much I love The Sufferer And The Witness constantly. Once it's been said, people will read it, take in the information if they want to, or not, and then move on. Repeating it over and over does nothing except annoy the people who choose not, by forcing them to do so.

In short: GET IT ALL!

Sweet, thanks for that Paj, in that case I won't listen to the two I've picked up straight away - well maybe a quick listen - and I'll keep my eye out for the rest, I'm in no rush to get it all but will definitely be checking out the discography in the not to distant future I reckon. :)

Kid A is just fucking awesome. Everything in it's right place, especially the live version, is quite possibly my favourite song ever. Closely followed by Kid A :D

On another note, I have just discovered La Roux and am wondering what took me so long. :D

Kid A is just fucking awesome. Everything in it's right place, especially the live version, is quite possibly my favourite song ever. Closely followed by Kid A :D

On another note, I have just discovered La Roux and am wondering what took me so long. :D

The first half of this post is great, but the second half is a right let-down... ::shrug:

Something hasn't been said for a year, and therefore needs to be said?

It's not "I love you" to your partner. It's boring, pretentious dross which boils down to you drooling over the same artist and album over and over. I don't mention how much I love The Sufferer And The Witness constantly. Once it's been said, people will read it, take in the information if they want to, or not, and then move on. Repeating it over and over does nothing except annoy the people who choose not, by forcing them to do so.

Next time you can ask me to loosen my grip around your neck as I force your head against the screen to read my posts. Ignore me if waxing on about about something I really love once in a while offends you so much.

Calm down people.

Daft Punk are one of those bands I'm in desperate need of listening to properly. And considering I want to, and they're so advertised on this site, I've not yet to. I'm avoiding listening to the songs posted here out of context, insted waiting for the sacred time when I'll listen to a full album. Are they on Spotify? *goes to check*

In other news, I broke down and bought a single track from the High School Musical 3 soundtrack. I Want It All. I've never such an OTT, brilliant song in my life. The bit in the film is amazing. I might end up buying all the songs by Ashley Tisdale's character. They're gold. The rest I hate.

Daft Punk are one of those bands I'm in desperate need of listening to properly. And considering I want to, and they're so advertised on this site, I've not yet to. I'm avoiding listening to the songs posted here out of context, insted waiting for the sacred time when I'll listen to a full album. Are they on Spotify? *goes to check*

They are indeed on Spotify.

I wouldn't know how to suggest listening to them. My first instinct would be to listen to 'Discovery', which is by far their most accessible album but I've been listening to Daft Punk well over 10 years now and 'Homework' is undeniably fantastic. I suspect you'll find 'Human After All' the weakest, and as a studio album that'd be my reckoning. Played live, it is completely different. I think 'Alive 2007' is simply the best live album I have ever heard.

I think 'Make Love' is my favourite Daft Punk track (off 'Human After All' :heh: ). It's less a song and more a perfect vibe. :smile:

I know a lot of people like Daft Punk but I've listened to them so long they have taken on a completely different meaning to me. Not sure if that makes sense.

Edited by Daft

Next time you can ask me to loosen my grip around your neck as I force your head against the screen to read my posts. Ignore me if waxing on about about something I really love once in a while offends you so much.

I've just realized; now that I'm not playing the mafia games anymore, I can do this. Thanks for the reminder.

I suspect I will like her for a month or so before forgetting about the music, like I did with The Klaxons or Hadouken =P

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with liking artists like La Roux, they are decent afterall even if it's one of those albums that's played a lot within the first few weeks and then sparingly after. :heh:

Anyway lol it's not as if you were comparing Radiohead to La Roux, just stating that they are another band that you are interested in, I like both too for that matter. :)

I been solidly playing La Roux since I got it (near end of June). Love it.

I think it would be PERFECT, if Reflections Are Protection was left off the album though. It's good, but just not as good as the rest, and so brings the whole thing down a bit. A perfect 10 track playlist would be brilliant.

I think the thing that puts me off that album is she sounds so bored and distinterested herself. Like in Bulletproof she sound slike she's struggling to get through the lyrics "And...I'll....be...bullet.......proof" I imagine she gives a long sigh after that part which is edited out. Its a good and interesting album but not for me.

Been listening to alot of Pacewon & Mr Green of late, The Only Colour That Matters is Green is a pretty great album. And The Joker samples Daft Punk (Back on topic, pow!)

In other news, MEGAWINZ, my friend won Simian Mobile Disco tickets from itunes for tomorrow, convinced him to take me, yey. Any fans? I need to listen to more of their stuff quickly

I think the thing that puts me off that album is she sounds so bored and distinterested herself. Like in Bulletproof she sound slike she's struggling to get through the lyrics "And...I'll....be...bullet.......proof" I imagine she gives a long sigh after that part which is edited out. Its a good and interesting album but not for me.

I get that feeling in some of the live performances, but otherwise, not really. You said yourself you were put off by her media personality, so that probably coloured it for you.

I find her style quite refreshing. I'm bored of the vocal gymnastics of "smokey voice babe of the month" like Pixie Lott, Duffy, Paloma Faith etc..

I find her style quite refreshing. I'm bored of the vocal gymnastics of "smokey voice babe of the month" like Pixie Lott, Duffy, Paloma Faith etc..

This... her style is different and her voice is likable, I don't think she sounds bored when singing, quite the contrary, she sounds like she's having fun singing most of the tracks but still manages to perform them in a serious way.

This... her style is different and her voice is likable, I don't think she sounds bored when singing, quite the contrary, she sounds like she's having fun singing most of the tracks but still manages to perform them in a serious way.

Hmm. On the album, I find a lot of the tracks are more happy and joyous than serious or bored-sounding. There are a lot of joyous hooks on the albums, like As If By Magic, Colourless Colour, the singles etc.

Just played 30 secs of uprising- epic epic facepalm

I think I'll take your opinion with a large pinch of salt given your dislike of Origin of Symmetry :heh: still though... why only 30 seconds? if you have access to the full track then give the whole thing a listen at least.

I think I'll take your opinion with a large pinch of salt given your dislike of Origin of Symmetry :heh: still though... why only 30 seconds? if you have access to the full track then give the whole thing a listen at least.

I love OOS but not the mastering of New born and Citizen erased and find megalomania, darkshines and screenager shit