NEurope
Stocka

Skies of Arcadia Official Thread

I'll remake official threads for the RPGs like before :hehe: Keep em as busy as before guys!

(I only had them for ToS and BK at CE but as this game is very popular with everyone here and quite rightly deserves to be I tohught i'd do an official thread for it :))

I'll remake official threads for the RPGs like before :hehe: Keep em as busy as before guys!

(I only had them for ToS and BK at CE but as this game is very popular with everyone here and quite rightly deserves to be I tought i'd do an official thread for it :))

sorry to barge in, but maybe someone knows where to buy this game cheap? I didn't get it yet because I only saw it full price, I used to play it on DC, so I think it should be players choice already (since 2002 on stores?), and one of the best RPG's for gcn... by instance, does anyone know a cheap store with it?

sorry to barge in, but maybe someone knows where to buy this game cheap? I didn't get it yet because I only saw it full price, I used to play it on DC, so I think it should be players choice already (since 2002 on stores?), and one of the best RPG's for gcn... by instance, does anyone know a cheap store with it?

Try Amazon or eBay :yes:

Think ebay is your best bet, thats where I got my copy from.

Glad to see this thread has returned especially since I'm currently playing through it for the first time and loving every second, roughly 30 hours in (not sure though) and am just about to go to Yafatuma (sp?) I wont mention any more because I don;t want spoil it for anone but there are so many legendary moments!

If you don't have this game then do everything in your power to get a copy... NOW!!!

I just started this, what seems to be, masterpiece. Can't wait to get into it.

ive been lookin for this game for a while,it sounds like a great a RPG and i love RPGs,i it one time in HMV for £20 and hopefully there might be a copy left so ill grab it and get another game for the hell of it

Yeah the boards are extremely bare, it wouldnt be the same without Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia floating around on the first page. Good thinking Stocka, makes the place feel a bit more homely!

Skies is a great game. The graphics arent up to date but come on, graphics dont make a game and in this game its all about the story and the great feelings of pride and accomplishment you get throughout it!

i dont care about graphics,i love a game with a great story and twist (like TOS),i still play my NES,SNES and they dont have the best graphics but its still fun to play

I'm still at the point where I have to cross the ocean or something to the jungle nation. I haven't played for a while. I liked this game although the battle system can be really slow at times. The atmosphere makes up for this though.

I LOVE THIS GAME,got it for £20 and its amazing,i love it,and im definently gonna replay it again,now i know how you guys love it so much

Just did the stuff in Yafutoma and kicked some blue Gigas butt, all I can say is WOW!!! I thought Horteka was a nice place but Yafutoma is AMAZING! It's so peaceful and I love the ducks/ducklings and the fish jumping out of the water, beautiful! And the little washtub, I always wanted to control the Tales washtubs to get to the geyzer so riding around in the little tub was fun! :lmao:

Loving this game so much that I even got myself a Vyse avatar!

Tell ya' what though, get this game while you still can - it's starting to get a tad hard to find. I ordered a copy of amazon a couple of weeks ago, and they're apparently trying to fish a copy from somewhere. I've got a feeling Skies of Arcadia could end up being one of those really rare titles not too far from now.

The Cube version took out the 'older' content didn't it? The DC version had smoking and swearwords that were cut out for Cube.

By the way; has anyone defeated all the bounties or found all the discoveries? I couldn't defeat the last two bounties >_< they are so hard!

The Cube version took out the 'older' content didn't it? The DC version had smoking and swearwords that were cut out for Cube.

As far as I'm aware, Western copies of both the DC and the GC versions had things cut.

Believe it or not, Bellenna's costume was even more revealing in the Japanese version. :grin:

I got up to the point just before you went into the final battle.

And I stopped playing.

As far as I'm aware, Western copies of both the DC and the GC versions had things cut.

Believe it or not, Bellenna's costume was even more revealing in the Japanese version. :grin:

Damn, now I want the Japanese version! :grin:

Didnt 1 of the girls get raped in the Jap version? Im sure I heard that somewhere...I think it was Aika.

Also I finished this game fully earlier in the year. Took me ages to beat all the bounties and get all the final wepaons. One of the greatest RPGs of our time is Skies and I pray everyday for a fullblown sequel!

The dancer has less clothing, cigarette and alcohol are removed, the dancer is wearing less clothes and

SPOILER

When Aika is attacked in the cell she is wearing less clothing, implying that the admiral is trying to rape her.

END SPOILER

The dancer has less clothing, cigarette and alcohol are removed, the dancer is wearing less clothes and

SPOILER

When Aika is attacked in the cell she is wearing less clothing, implying that the admiral is trying to rape her.

END SPOILER

Surely you mean Vigoro is wearing less clothes, not Aika?

In the Jap version of the scene he takes his shirt off and the language is a lot more suggestive.

Edit: Oh, and Stocka - Ramirez avatars beat Vyse ones :D

In the Jap version of the scene he takes his shirt off and the language is a lot more suggestive.

Edit: Oh, and Stocka - Ramirez avatars beat Vyse ones :D

Heh, I once had a ramirez sig for ages at CE but eventually changed it. I had my favourite quote of his under my avatar..at CE..argh I forgot to put it in here :heh:

I think I'll put it in my sig instead.

But yeah, Ramirez is fecking awesome, I couldn't decide out of Vyse and him who to have in my sig but went for Vyse in the end for some reason hehe. Perhaps because he's not a villain.

does anyone have any news on SoA 2?

If there was any, I would of exploded by now

I'm loving the fact so many people here who hadn't bought it before are now getting it, I want as many people to appreciate the masterpiece as possible. I'm glad you all are enjoying it too, and remember, it gets better and better as it goes on.

Yeah, probably- I couldn't remember it properly and was thinking along the lines that Vigoro ripped them off.