NEurope
Stocka

Skies of Arcadia Official Thread

Skies is better than Symphonia in so many ways it's just not funny.

Avoid picking up TOS unless it's under £20 mate, Skies is priceless.

QFT. I do enjoy Tales but Skies beats its corpse with stick.

I personally don't see why poeple dislike this game. I played it after I played ToS and BK and still enjoyed it a lot. It's got a great story and when you get far enough into the game thats when you can really enjoy it. As for graphics, there isn't much wrong with them. As long as it doesn't hurt to look at then why should we care.

Skies is better than Symphonia in so many ways it's just not funny.

Avoid picking up TOS unless it's under £20 mate, Skies is priceless.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two like that, I think they are both fantastic. Then again I'm one who hates comparing most things.

WHOOOO Stocka's back! Is Skies of Arcadia a Tales game? I've heard it is, and it looks awesome. My eyes have been on Amazon for weeks but people are reluctant to sell it for under twenty quid (I hae a low budget at the mo).

EDIT: 21.75 now at Amazon, new, so I'm tempted.

EDIT: 21.75 now at Amazon, new, so I'm tempted.

Make sure it's not American...

I'm into RPGs, but I never picked up SoA. How good is it compared to say... final fantasy ix? I'm thinking of picking it up...

PS: Glad to see you back Stocka.

Sweet!

they won't ship it here though:

-> http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/AboutUs.html?page=del

Might contact them by mail, but I won't be expecting much. :(

gotta love auto-quote... :indeed:

Anyway here's their response:

Thank you for your email

Unfortunately due to Customs regulations and postal restrictions we

are unable to accept orders from countries not specified on our

website. A full list of the countries we do ship to can be found by

following the link below:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=delivery

If you have any further queries you can contact our Customer Service

Department on 0845 800 1020 (UK only) or 0044 1534 877 595 (outside

UK).

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to

you.

Sadly, that means a no go for me then.

*mumbles* it's not like I'm living outside european union *mumbles*

Unlucky pedro, but keep trying as it's bloody worth it, same goes for the rest of you that have any doubts.

Yea get it while you can,loved the game (yes even sometimes loved all the random battles).

Unlucky pedro, but keep trying as it's bloody worth it, same goes for the rest of you that have any doubts.
I already have... 2 of them :X

One is a NTSC one that I got when we had a shortage in europe, since it has no real value I'll keep it, it has very diferent cover and manuals anyway. Then I snatched a supposedly mint one on ebay for £40, but it was used, and had scratches on disc, aswell as slightly curled manual, it's not bad for used condition, but horrible for my collector needs, so I want to get a mint one, for most games I wouldn't bother... but I think it's worth it for this one.

So yeah, I'll sell my "used" PAL copy for cheap when I manage to get a new Skies of Arcadia PAL.

is there anywhere where i can find a pretty full synopsis of what happens in ToS.

i've got about 15-20 hours into the first disc and i want to pisk it up again but i cant remember much of the plit ither than Colette is the Chosen of Regeneration, Raine seems a bit dodgey, and the Desians are evil andthats about it . . .

oh wait! i've answered my own question, theres a synopsis feature in game!

woooooo for good design!!!!

:D

Skies of Arcadia is one of my favourite games of all time. There was a report in Cube magazine about Overworks working on Skies of Arcadia 2 in about 2004ish i think, but nothing has been said of it since. My god I hope they do make a sequel sometime soon. Some of my favourite games will probably never get any(more) sequels :sad:.

I personally don't see why poeple dislike this game. I played it after I played ToS and BK and still enjoyed it a lot. It's got a great story and when you get far enough into the game thats when you can really enjoy it. As for graphics, there isn't much wrong with them. As long as it doesn't hurt to look at then why should we care.

I also don't understand how anyone can dislike this game other than people who obviously don't enjoy rpgs. Its one of the best games ever made imo. I thought the graphics were great! :grin:

Hey.. never really played a proper RPG before and I have the opportunity to get Skies of Arcadia for £19.99, a chance I may never get again.. I've always been put off games of this nature because of turn-based fighting and random battles as they do not really appeal to me, but maybe I just haven't given that a chance..

..any advice please?

Hey.. never really played a proper RPG before and I have the opportunity to get Skies of Arcadia for £19.99, a chance I may never get again.. I've always been put off games of this nature because of turn-based fighting and random battles as they do not really appeal to me, but maybe I just haven't given that a chance..

..any advice please?

I'd never really played a proper RPG before Skies of Arcadia and now I love them(+ it remains my favourite). Go for it!

Thanks Stocka, I think I will..

..and I noticed you have an MKDS friend code there.. I may be trying out Mariokart online for the first time tomorrow so if I get it sorted, I'd be happy to have a game with you if you're up for it :heh:

Nando, Skies is a legendary game :bowdown: ... you gotta buy it... and you have to love it. Or else ye shall surely be stoned to death *

Interestingly though, I lent this to a friend of mine shortly after I completed it - hes into his RPGs, but he never got into this and barely even started it. Strange one, and it better not be the case with you :cry:

When you get it post your progress and we'll help you along if need be or reminisce of all the areas and stuff you're up to. Vyse is cool... cooler than Lloyd of ToS fame.

* I jest ye not

..yeh.. just don't know when I'd get time to play it.. much too busy at Uni :D

..really hope I enjoy it though, would be my first RPG (apart from a short spell I had with Golden Sun on the GBA, but never really grabbed me..)

If you still have Golden Sun, try and play on with it. Its quite slow at the beginning like. That didnt put me off though, I kinda expect there to be a bit of that in RPGs before they kick into gear. Forget the Uni work, only final year counts.

..I don't have Golden Sun anymore.. was around this time last year that I got it to keep me sane during the breaks between lectures at uni.. up at the 'vantage point' :heh: ..gonna watch some Skies videos now to help make my decision..

..I don't have Golden Sun anymore.. was around this time last year that I got it to keep me sane during the breaks between lectures at uni.. up at the 'vantage point' :heh: ..gonna watch some Skies videos now to help make my decision..

You really should get it. As said before, it's a fantastic game with a good story. I think I might buy it sometime this and play through it again.

I borrowed it from ShadowV7 last time. :p

If you see it,buy it.I tried watching videos of it,but it didn't tempt me at all to get it.So when I was in GAME getting BK.I saw it,picked it up and loved it.You won't regret it.

..got it.. disc was scratched useless (worst I've EVER seen.. was like someone had set it on rough ground and rubbed for 4 hours, was even scratched on the top side of the disc) ..didn't work.. had to take it back.. I'll never be able to get this game..

Yeh.. i was a bit annoyed.. my girlfriend went to the trouble of picking it up for me during the week, so when I got home from Uni today we tried it out and didn;t really expect it to work considering the condition.. thanks for the link, I may try to hunt down Paper Mario instead now though if I can get it cheap enough..

and it was meant to be part of your christmas present too.... grrrrr

actually gonna have to THINK of something to get you this year....

(im his gf btw...)