NEurope
flameboy

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

You shouldn't have taken me that literally :heh: Point is, so far I see no reason whatsoever why this game should be hyped. At all.

Because it's the only thing on the release radar lol. But seriously, Nights was a well loved game, and people are gonna be excited for it's return, it's something people have called for for a long time.

Looks lovely, hopefully it'll be out this year....but i'm going for 2008.

He didn't say anything like that he just said there would be new moves.

I swear I heard that somewhere, probably just a bad translation.

Yeah a portuguese mag made 3d renders and a fake interview for which they could be sued just for april fools. We, the portuguese mafia have things under control

OK, so I was tired :o

Im surprised by the visual style tbh tho. I like that it seems to be darker but at the same time was expecting it to be more different than the original. I thought the main character especially would look more different than he does.

You shouldn't have taken me that literally :heh: Point is, so far I see no reason whatsoever why this game should be hyped. At all.
That was just part of my post :heh: In the other I was trying to convey my feelings for the game/franchise, I was thinking of doing that in a post before, but lacked the time.

It's perfectly understandable you're not hyped if you never played the original or hated it. I obviously loved it, so yeah it hypes me, a lot.

Because it's the only thing on the release radar lol. But seriously, Nights was a well loved game, and people are gonna be excited for it's return, it's something people have called for for a long time.
I see lots of games in the radar to buy before NiGHTS Wii comes out, it's not like NiGHTS is shipping next month; for their own good, might I add.

Yeah, most of your enthusiasm is hard to understand because even footage still makes it very unclear what the original, let alone what made it so special.

I wonder if we'll see NiGHTS in SSBB!

I was wondering the same thing the other night. :)

We're not going to see Sonic or Nights in Smash Bros. Firstly, Sonic would be gay in Smash Bros. And NiGHTs lack the ability to walk.

We're not going to see Sonic or Nights in Smash Bros. Firstly, Sonic would be gay in Smash Bros. And NiGHTs lack the ability to walk.

There's ways around the lack of ability to walk. Mewtwo sorta 'floated' in Smash Bros Melee.

Also, if Snake is in this game, why can't Sonic? I'm sure they could come up with something.

At some point somewhere, they said that they weren't planning to put any other third party characters in Smash Bros, and the only reason Snake is in is because Kojima begged for him to be in Melee, but didn't get in, and the new lead guy seems kinda loose about the whole project.

And I just really don't like the idea of Sonic in Smash Bros. Youtube would be flooded by kids with "OMG sonic or mario who winz?" videos. As if the sprite fights aren't enough.

Also, giving NiGHTs and Sonic places in the game open up the field for more crappy characters that look cheap in-game. I guess all the horrible fake "SSBB New Charcter Menu" with a thousand crapy obscure characters in it have really put me off the idea.

Didn't some guy say there was only gonna be a few more 3rd party characters in it a while ago.And wan't there a part on the Smash site where you added 3rd party characters and the ones he liked he posted it on the site.

If there wasn't gonna be anymore 3rd party characters then there would be no point in entering 3rd party chars(assuming my memory is serving me correctly)

At some point somewhere, they said that they weren't planning to put any other third party characters in Smash Bros, and the only reason Snake is in is because Kojima begged for him to be in Melee, but didn't get in, and the new lead guy seems kinda loose about the whole project.

And I just really don't like the idea of Sonic in Smash Bros. Youtube would be flooded by kids with "OMG sonic or mario who winz?" videos. As if the sprite fights aren't enough.

Also, giving NiGHTs and Sonic places in the game open up the field for more crappy characters that look cheap in-game. I guess all the horrible fake "SSBB New Charcter Menu" with a thousand crapy obscure characters in it have really put me off the idea.

I agree with what you're saying, I don't want every third party character to be in Brawl. The fact that Kojima 'begged' for Snake to be in the game says something for me. It should be a privilege for third party characters to be in this game. At the most, I would like three.

Sakurai Toukouken said a third party character must have been on a Nintendo console and will only amount to one or two third party characters in SSBB.

All I can say after having ago on the original NiGHTS game is why would anyone want a sequel - the game played a bit meh. You float through rings to stop nightmares and save children. Just seemed like the original game was shit, not from graphics but from gameplay point of view.

All I can say after having ago on the original NiGHTS game is why would anyone want a sequel - the game played a bit meh. You float through rings to stop nightmares and save children. Just seemed like the original game was shit, not from graphics but from gameplay point of view.

11 years after its release. I'm not impressed by your conclusion.

Sakurai Toukouken said a third party character must have been on a Nintendo console and will only amount to one or two third party characters in SSBB.

But really come on now with the advent of downloadable content they could add a NiGHTs character via dlc :shakehead

But really come on now with the advent of downloadable content they could add a NiGHTs character via dlc :shakehead

Do you act like you hate everything on purpose? Just to piss people off?

I don't like it you got a problem with that fanboy

Wtf you talkin about? I haven't played the damn game.

I don't like it you got a problem with that fanboy

Where did he even come across as a fanboy?

He just wasn't impressed with a conclusion you made,bid deal :heh:

Just got the magazine for 2.50€/£1.7 :p

Looks great upclose :love: Those little images...

I hope ONM and Cube and any other "exclusives" have new images and a different interview. I'm gonna buy it either way, just to look in person, but it would be great to get more juicy info.

Where did he even come across as a fanboy?

He just wasn't impressed with a conclusion you made,bid deal :heh:

QFT.

Calm down Zelda freak. Stop attacking someone for attacking your point of view. You do it all the time.

Wtf you talkin about? I haven't played the damn game.

Well why the heck are you criticizing my point of view then. If your not impressed with me actually playing the game and not actually a good game, and the fact that it got some very bad reviews from european magazines.

Well why the heck are you criticizing my point of view then. If your not impressed with me actually playing the game and not actually a good game, and the fact that it got some very bad reviews from european magazines.

All he said was that the game is 11 years old. He's right as well, had we all played it at the time, it would have been a completely different experience. Like playing Mario 64 now and then would also be different.