N-Europe

Nintendo and Gamespy join up for online multiplayer middleware

flameboy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfffft.... the only time Nintendo wants us to be online is when were downloading overpriced VC games. The only reason theyll even bother with online multiplayer is to silence critics and say ''look! we have that too!'' Why? Because its a company expense and if theres one thing Nintendo doesnt like to do, its spend money.*

*the preceding statement may or may not be true

It probably isn't. They just do what they feel is right for them, we always knew the online system wouldn't be as developed as the others, funnily enough they were the first console to go online and have downloadable content. Give them time and things will flesh out. I also don't think VC games are overpriced, they're pretty cheap and it's not like the things on Live Arcade are cheaper.

If I can play Smash Bros, F-Zero and Mario Kart with my friends, I'll be happy, that's all that matters to me.

I might not be so pissed off if someone could give me a reason for having individual friend codes over universal friend codes. Seriously, just one valid reason.

Exactly.

I mean, this is the worst system to use. Fun for everyone my ass.

just got my NGC mag (UK based V. reliable)

In it their is a little preview of Pokemon for the Wii and a line that states "the UK version of Pokemon will not have the restrictions of the friend code system"

(...)

Same mag says that Square Enix are in talks with Nintendo regarding online features.

Nintendo say that if a game has an adult rating then they will remove the need for friend codes. Being that the rating probably covers them from any problems the codes are there to combat.

I think we hould start to get a little bit excited, enough so Nintendo know we like the idea...

Source: http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/139053657/p1/?9

yay?

It's quite funny, as Nintendo have hardly muttered a word. Fans, speculation and journalists have been contributing to most of it. It's classic Nintendo-drama.

That's a good point, I mean last week after some no namer from Nintendo of America said that we would be seeing friend codes for each game and then Ngamer said it won't. It really is like a novel with soooo many plot twists!!! But as if each Chapter is written by a different author. The only question is when will Nintendo step in and write the final chapter?

Update! - Have N-Gamer made a mistake?

Falafelkid over at nintend-revolution.blogspot has contacted the editor of the magazine, and the editor had this to say:

Unfortunately, the curse of the magazine lead time has struck again. Since we wrote this piece -- with the understanding that our information was correct -- Nintendo has seemingly confirmed that Pokemon Battle Revolution *will* use game-specific Friend Codes.

So, the game will use friend-codes, that much is a given. However, we are still not sure if it will use a single, unified code system or individual codes for each game.

That Adult games is sort of a good idea however. Let's hope that will make the cut.

That Adult games is sort of a good idea however. Let's hope that will make the cut.

I agree. It works on two levels.

1. It means the friend system is more "relaxed."

2. Think of the bigger picture. In order to relax the system, more adult ratings are needed. Nintendo systems have always had this stigma surrounding it regarding the kiddy console maker image. It's like saying "ok developers, if you really want online to work for our system it has to be rated adult." "....ok!"